The Amazing Spider-Man The Web Fluid: Stolen, or bought? Oscorp, or not?

Can we stop talking about Gwen being a virgin or not?

I really like how they introduced the web shooters in the movie. My hope for sequels is that he continues to experiment with the formula. Maybe create specialized webbing for fighting Electro or the Rhino.

That wouldn't be a bad idea.

But any theories on what he did to the bio-cable? If anything at all?

If the webbing dissolves then all those people in the cars over the bridge fell into the river.

It didnt seem to be very strong where the Lizard was concerned.....

Well, The Lizard was pretty damn strong.

How strong is the webbing exactly?

And is the webbing stronger or weaker than the bio-cable?

Those are some questions that came to me. If Peter uses a formula to make the bio-cable stickier, and more easily spread (I'm confused how he actually does that though, do the web-shooters have spray and stream modes like spray bottles? o_O),along with increasing the rate it dissolves at, wouldn't it possibly weaken the cable?

Unless the bio-cable only dissolves in water or something.

581307_300580066684577_1917758915_n.jpg

Aha! This picture implies that two substances are used to create the webbing. I assume it's the bio-cable and another chemical.

I think he may have just bought the bio-cable packets from Oscorp (but may have chemically modified it), and fully designed the web shooters. I think that's all we can discern from what the movie showed.

Yea, but speculating is fun..

Okay wait. Spidey probably did tamper with it. In the carjacker scene, it hits in a web pattern. Why would a bio-cable shoot out in bursts anyway, let alone bursts in a web pattern.

Well, I think that would be more of a nozzle modification, rather than a modification to the bio-cable.

Ha while on the topic of webs :) when Spidey fights the Lizard in the sewer, he tries to shoot the web under water and it just floats away...it also looks like it dissolves, but the scene is too fast to really tell

I loved the movie but lets just face it this was a gaping plothole. No need to try and patch it up with all these theories. It should have been better explained in the movie. It should've been that the biocable was just another failed Oscorp project like the Ganali device, maybe they have unsolvable trouble with the formula or something. And in a minute they could've shown Peter perfecting the formula for web usage.

Would fit right in with the rest of the movie.

Does the Biocable seriously stike people as something you can buy at your local hardware store ? Something like that would be revolutionary and cost waaayy more than Peters allowance can afford. No one's saying it but we're all thinking it. Peter stole the Biocable cartridges, he was resourceful enough to break in once, so why not once more. And why wouldn't he, he hadn't learned about responsibility at the time.

Last edited:
4. Not just the police, but OsCorp themselves. You think their scientists don't see Spider-Man on TV and think, "That looks an awful lot like our bio-cable, guys."

Wait till an oscorp scientist blackmails connors in the sequel

Scientist-you don't notice your precious bio cable pancaking cops on the news? What are you going to build for him next? A rocket pack?

I loved the movie but lets just face it this was a gaping plothole. No need to try and patch it up with all these theories. It should have been better explained in the movie. It should've been that the biocable was just another failed Oscorp project like the Ganali device, maybe they have unsolvable trouble with the formula or something. And in a minute they could've shown Peter perfecting the formula for web usage.

Would fit right in with the rest of the movie.

Does the Biocable seriously stike people as something you can buy at your local hardware store ? Something like that would be revolutionary and cost waaayy more than Peters allowance can afford. No one's saying it but we're all thinking it. Peter stole the Biocable cartridges, he was resourceful enough to break in once, so why not once more. And why wouldn't he, he hadn't learned about responsibility at the time.

This is NOT a gaping plot hole in my eyes, and this topic is for theories.

Speculation is what makes discussion of movies fun for me, and you're essentially telling me not to do something I love.

Thanks for contributing to the topic though.

I think the Bio-Cable would be cheap enough for Peter to buy 24 cartridges for $50.

Maybe he didn't do any of that stuff and we'll just never know :p

I think that flickchick's theory is correct now.

Peter worked at Oscorp...he was Connor's intern. It was Connor's project. What's so hard to figure out about where he might have gotten the webbing, and how?

Whether he purchased/stole it is largely irrelevant unless you're really reaching to portray him as amoral.

The whole point is where he got it. Now how.

See, this is why they used organic webbing in the Raimi trilogy.

While where Peter was somehow able to acquire the web-cartridges IN BULK from Oscorp does lead all kinds of questions, to me the two big problems with it are:

1. While Peter may have created the web-shooters in the film, he doesn't actually make the web-fluid that his web-shooters are completely dependant on. Which means the moment Oscorp ever decides to shut down production of their biocable, Peter's pretty much screwed. And

2. Considering how the biocable/web-fluid is created by the same genetically-altered spiders that gave Peter his powers, why wouldn't Peter be able to have organic webbing as well?

1. While Peter may have created the web-shooters in the film, he doesn't actually make the web-fluid that his web-shooters are completely dependant on. Which means the moment Oscorp ever decides to shut down production of their biocable, Peter's pretty much screwed. An
d

I could see Peter being smart enough to replicate the design/formula.

2. Considering how the biocable/web-fluid is created by the same genetically-altered spiders that gave Peter his powers, why wouldn't Peter be able to have organic webbing as well

Because Peter is a human, not a spider.

Personally, I don't like the idea that Parker brought the cables from Oscorp to make into webshooters. I guess Marc Webb didn't like the idea that Parker not only came up with the idea himself, but he could also create the formula in a lab in his house for crime-fighting purposes, but this storyline actually invites more plot holes in their attempt to make the whole process seemed more "realistic". Besides, doesn't it bother anybody that Parker isn't self-reliant, but actually dependent on the Oscorp to help produce the material he can use for the webshooter? I think Webb probably over-thinks himself with this kind of explaination.

I just came back from watching it again and tried to read the box he took them out of, and it definitely says "Shipped To" followed by a name and address I couldn't read. I think it's most likely that he ordered it from OsCorp under false pretenses or hacked into their distribution register or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"