The Wisdom Thread

KRYPTON INC.

Incorporated Kryptonian
Reaction score
We all have our own collections of aphorisms and stories meant to impart some lesson or change our perspective on things. Post the sayings, stories and parables here that you find some truth in about the human condition or which inspire you to be a smarter, wiser and more capable person. Regardless of their origins I am sure we can all learn something.

sLRQTVz.jpg

jzHBI64.jpg

[YT]kZ70uUp9eWo[/YT]

Not if you find an alternative to anger.
Anger often is adding fuel to fire.

Not sure what you mean by this in the least Aziz. The face value seems like you are looking for a rationalization to stay angry about something.

Not sure what you mean by this in the least Aziz. The face value seems like you are looking for a rationalization to stay angry about something.
There is holding on anger and doing nothing about what makes you angry.
And there is holding your anger, and dealing with what makes you angry in calmly fashion.

I'm saying the second scenario is not like drinking poison, in a good number of situations anger adds to the problem or extends its period instead of solving it.

Not if you find an alternative to anger.
Anger often is adding fuel to fire.

Oh... Okay. It's just, I kind of think that is what the quote is saying. Your post read like it meant something else to me. :woot:

It's amazing how long you can hold onto grudges or keep something negative bottled up within you.

I read a quote similar to this after a traumatic experience and it hit very close to home.

There's that old saying that staying angry at someone is letting them live inside your head rent free.

Yep. I feel very foolish for taking so long to realize that.

It's hard because so often being angry when we feel we are in the right or have had some injustice inflicted upon us can feel good. But it's like anything that can become addictive. In the end we just are doing damage to ourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"