BvS The Wonder Woman Costume Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most believe her wearing a strapless top while performing the general stunts that Wonder Woman does to be rather unlikely possible in the live-action format.

Holds up her top. More support for the actress. What other reason would there be? Lol

Jokes on you! I'm actually wearing latex paint. :joker:

Ah... The Ryan Reynolds look. Solid. :word:

I get why some want straps and a more solid looking outfit. Something that really looks like it can protect it's wearer.

This might sound weird, but I can see a kind of segmented type armor working.

Again, the designer's have a choice of going more "superheroic" or "ancient warrior." Something that looks like it's the product of advanced tech might be weirdly similar to Nolan's TDK suit.

True. I think both angels could work but I get the feeling the ancient warrior thing is more likely.

Have you guys discussed whether WW will be strapless or not? (regarding her top that is)

Sorta. I'm not absolutely opposed to strapless, but I think straps are better, especially for the actress. The top would stay up even with metal on it and without lots of double-sided tape.

Most believe her wearing a strapless top while performing the general stunts that Wonder Woman does to be rather unlikely possible in the live-action format.

Can get around that. Either have her wear pasties in case of accident or digitally remove some simple small straps in post production.

Ah... The Ryan Reynolds look. Solid. :word:

I get why some want straps and a more solid looking outfit. Something that really looks like it can protect it's wearer.

As she is WW I don't feel she needs the protection hmm.

Post production alterations may be to costly and slightly problematic when it comes to continuity. They could always go clear straps, but those damn things sheen like Patrick Stewart's head at a gay night club.

I don't think straps impact the overall look too much unless the designer wants them to.

Post production alterations may be to costly and slightly problematic when it comes to continuity. They could always go clear straps, but those damn things sheen like Patrick Stewart's head at a gay night club.

Not in favor of clear straps, that is for sure.

As she is WW I don't feel she needs the protection hmm.

Wonder Woman hasn't always been portrayed having the ability of invulnerability, though.

Strapless makes her look more powerful to me for some reason.

wonderwoman.jpg

Yeah straps just look more cohesive and practical for the actress wearing it.

Yeah, I think they work. I think strapless is one of those things that looks ok in the comics, but kinda silly in a live action CBM.

OkA5W5g.jpg

I don't think we should see her toes while she is in superhero costume. Lol

It's more the outfit I like in that one, not so much the shoes. I'd prefer closed toe boots.

Remove the straps and she looks more powerful and less contained to me.

Two leather straps make her look ''contained''? As in not falling out of her top? Then yes, I agree. And the perfect reason on why the costume should have straps. Not to mention they just make more sense.

I guess I don't really think strapless looks more powerful. Just more exposed and ornamental and less battle-ready. But to each his own. I wouldn't throw a fit if the costume was strapless.

Yeah, me either. I just think it looks kind of bare without the straps. The staps add some visual breakage which I like.

Two leather straps make her look ''contained''? As in not falling out of her top? Then yes, I agree.

I believe the effect of seeing the sternum in completion may be why. It has nothing to do with silly falling out of the top comments.

I think they will likely go with straps as the safe approach however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"