BvS The Wonder Woman Costume Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really well done. Don't know why they used a hemp rope for her lasso though.

Isn't it odd how cosplayers can sometimes find better materials than folks making a TV show?

ek2Vipt.jpg

Sorry to bring back painful memories, but I can never believe how ugly this thing is.

i don't think it'll look anything like that. i think battleskirt with breastplate and plated sleaves is the best way to go. for gadot anyway. ala teagone's manip.

Tooooo much cleavage in that cosplay.

And it baffles me how bad Palicki's costume was. Like seriously. How do these costume designers/producers still have jobs?

ЯɘvlveR;28098549 said:
i don't think it'll look anything like that. i think battleskirt with breastplate and plated sleaves is the best way to go. for gadot anyway. ala teagone's manip.

Tooooo much cleavage in that cosplay.

And it baffles me how bad Palicki's costume was. Like seriously. How do these costume designers/producers still have jobs?

Agreed. With both.

I actually watched the pilot again earlier today(I sometimes watch it when I'm bored because I have it on my desktop). Still terrible. Lol

It really was bad in every way a show could be bad, lol.

I could never bring myself to watch it.

Honestly, the only parts I liked were the flash back scenes of her and Steve. The only part that I was like, ''Okay, I can see Diana there.''(And I mean in the portrayal, not physically. I actually thought Palicki had a great comic like WW look to her.)

And I'd say watch it just to have your own opinion on it, but nothing more.

I liked the decor in her room at the office, though lol. And the WW merch. Cuz its WW merch. So yeah.

Honestly, the only parts I liked were the flash back scenes of her and Steve. The only part that I was like, ''Okay, I can see Diana there.''(And I mean in the portrayal, not physically. I actually thought Palicki had a great comic like WW look to her.)

And I'd say watch it just to have your own opinion on it, but nothing more.

I liked the decor in her room at the office, though lol. And the WW merch. Cuz its WW merch. So yeah.

I couldn't get past Palicki in the first boardroom meeting. The whole thing was such a stinky mess that it made me want to hurl my laptop. Palicki is ok looking, but the horrible dollar-store outfit, the lame story, the over-the top revolting attitude of this version of Diana...if I had never heard of Wonder Woman, I would have thought she was a villain.

I wasn't talking about her in the WW Costume. That was horrible. But I thought as Diana, she was okay. Except for fhat boardroom scene as you mentioned. Why did they have to make her say **** and not breasts?

Saying breasts would not have saved anything. She had no redeeming qualities in that pilot.

Would have sounded less vulgar than ****. Wouldn't have changed the awful writing, but would have at least sounded a little more ''clean''. I hate the word ****. Ugh.

But anyways, only a pilot that wasn't even picked up so yay. Pretty sure whatever we get now will be better than that.

Last edited:
Some very talented cosplayers out there. That's another fine example.

Isn't it odd how cosplayers can sometimes find better materials than folks making a TV show?

ek2Vipt.jpg

Sorry to bring back painful memories, but I can never believe how ugly this thing is.

Not to mention the outfit...

(I keed of course)

No kidding there. She's a pretty girl and they made her look bleh cosmeticwise.

I wasn't talking about her in the WW Costume. That was horrible. But I thought as Diana, she was okay. Except for fhat boardroom scene as you mentioned. Why did they have to make her say **** and not breasts?

I was mentioning EVERYTHING that went into that pilot...and the way they wrote the character was just so just...ugh. Poor Adrienne had crap to work with. It wasn't Wonder Woman, it was Objectionable Self-righteous Bully.

I thought it sounded completely undignified on the lips of a character who is supposed to be a princess. I could accept it said by someone completely different (eg someone modern who is a bit low class), but WW shouldn't speak like that. It's far too common for her.

I imagine Diana as someone from a classical civilisation. That word just sounds out of place in her mouth. It's kind of like how if Thor, who is supposed to sound more Shakespearean, were suddenly to start using words like "****".

Yeah they managed to give her a Rumer Willis look.

I thought it sounded completely undignified on the lips of a character who is supposed to be a princess. I could accept it said by someone completely different (eg someone modern who is a bit low class), but WW shouldn't speak like that. It's far too common for her.

I imagine Diana as someone from a classical civilisation. That word just sounds out of place in her mouth. It's kind of like how if Thor, who is supposed to sound more Shakespearean, were suddenly to start using words like "****".

"****" is a pretty old word, to be fair. Google it.

:oldrazz:

ek2Vipt.jpg

I literally can't believe they actually ran with this suit (bar a last minute change of pants) for the pilot episode. It is crazy bad & I've seen cosplayers & amateur/professional superhero photoshoots with far, far better general costume designs.

If they want to learn anything from the failed pilot, take a look at that image & make sure your costume looks practically nothing like it.

Did the designers for the David E Kelly pilot have a spare pair of pants around that they could swap out for that plastic thing above? Otherwise how did they change it so quickly? Did they have someone rush to make a pair? It was very close to the release date when the pictures were shown, wasn't it?

I found pictures of the short spangled version of the costume Adrienne Palicki was wearing. It looked better than the abomination above (the brown plastic "gold" bits not-withstanding).

/me checks header on tab, it says "The Wonder Woman Costume Thread - Part 4"...whew!

So, Chiang Shorts for the win :woot:

It's interesting but is so far away from the characters design. It looks more like Spmething you would see a character from Thor's universe wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"