BvS The Wonder Woman Costume Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is my absolute favorite character, so I hate when some just dismiss her and think, ''I just hope she's hot.''

If that is the case, I want less coverage in the Batman and Superman costumes!!!

I hate that too. It saddens me because sometimes that thinking affects how she's written too. A female character that is used as a sex object doesn't interest me. I don't want to see that. As a result, I avoid some WW stories. And that sucks. I want to like the main female superhero.

Imagine if the logic used for females was applied to the male costumes:

I hate that too. It saddens me because sometimes that thinking affects how she's written too. A female character that is used as a sex object doesn't interest me. I don't want to see that. As a result, I avoid some WW stories. And that sucks. I want to like the main female superhero.

My eyes!!! :argh:

RAAHB.png

I wouldn't mind at all of Captain America wore a suit like that (assuming his navel isn't exposed). But those heels :funny:

EDIT: The star/midsection IS exposed. At a glance, it looks pretty normal.

:lmao:

Never! :argh:

So basically if it was a different costume, it wouldn't look the way it looks. I agree.

Not really.
Compared to the star panties and regular ''WW'' chest plate? I think it does.

The belt in that outfit its awesome. Probably the part I refer to the most in this case.
I think She had the jacket off more often in the story than she did on. I don't like the jacket. Lessen the golden straps around her arms, blue skirt or pants and different boots, I think would look good, using the top of that outfit as a base.

Lol, you guys like that picture? How about this one:

16yGO.jpg

What if the male characters posed like the one female character?

^ I do the think the top of the new costume is better, and the pants are more practical looking then the bathing suit bottoms. I just think a long gladiator skirt is the best way to go, and the best way to provide an Easter egg to those who like the shorts.

^ I do the think the top of the new costume is better, and the pants are more practical looking then the bathing suit bottoms. I just think a long gladiator skirt is the best way to go, and the best way to provide an Easter egg to those who like the shorts.

Totally :up:

lol, as funny as those pictures are, there is actually a legit social message attached to them and I hope the team behind this movie is aware of it.

While I don't like that this is just an attack on the traditional WW outfit, I also think this is another hilarious gallery.
3VwiZ9a.jpg'

h9xOAGa.jpg

Something went wrong when you posted the other picture but i saw it anyway. Poor Flash, he looks so sad...

Now I'm hearing I'm gonna sex you up in a loop in my brain.

Lol, you guys like that picture? How about this one:

16yGO.jpg

What if the male characters posed like the one female character?

That poster is actually an excellent example of why Wonder Woman wearing pants and being less sexualized are not necessarily related. Skintight pants like in the New 52 costume are almost as easily sexualized as the panties, especially with a guy like Zack Snyder behind the camera.

I still really think the best way to update the classic Wonder Woman costume is play up the Classical elements. I mean they explained Superman's suit and why he wears it pretty effectively by making it traditional Kryptonian attire. Why should Wonder Woman be any different? Moreover, why would she change what she wears to fit in? Should not Diana be proud of who she is? Is blending in not what her secret identity is for?

I am not saying that the classic Wonder Woman costume is historically accurate or that it should be made into something historical accurate. What I am saying is that the best way to adapt and modernize the traditional costume is to use Classical styling as a theme or design goal. Replace the panties with a battleskirt. After all, Wonder Woman did wear a skirt originally. As well, it is more modest that either the panties or tight pants and gives Wonder Woman a more unique costume. Superman is already wearing tights.

In addition. the red and gold top can be rehabilitated into some sort of bronze-studded leather armor. (See the cuirass worn by Ciaran Hinds on Rome for a good starting place. It is burgundy leather with a bronze eagle on the chest.) Naturally, they should keep the neckline higher and avoid cleavage, but there is something about Wonder Woman having bare shoulders. It just looks right for some reason.

It's funny, but I think Sexy Cyborg really has that Conan-Warrior vibe. Not the others, just Cyborg.
conan_10.jpg

Compared to the star panties and regular ''WW'' chest plate? I think it does.

I still don't agree.

The belt in that outfit its awesome. Probably the part I refer to the most in this case.

Now this I agree with. I love the belt.

I think She had the jacket off more often in the story than she did on.

Which is nice, but it's still a part of the costume. It completes the look. The look they were going for is, again, reminiscent of someone who was inspired by WW rather than WW herself. But that's JMO.

Lessen the golden straps around her arms, blue skirt or pants and different boots, I think would look good, using the top of that outfit as a base.

That sounds fine. I'd also remove the choker, because it's pretty damn useless.

Just give her a modified Donna Troy costume and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"