The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season IV Signup/OOC Thread

Spike_x1 said:
Fantastic posts, LT and MST3K. They're so great that it almost pains me to point this out, but it wasn't Dr. Fate who mind wiped Lex. It was Felix Faust. :O

That's true Spike...my bad.

It would've been more powerful showing Faust working with the Justice League...oh well life goes on.

LT...your last Superman post...phenominal.

Purple Man said:
I know, I was just kidding.

Captain Marvel? Mr.Majestic? Superboy, Cyborg Superman, Steel, and Eradicator?

Funny thing about that picture. I remember seeing that in my high schools library. No comic books or anything related in sight, but they had that poster saying something about how reading can make you a hero or some crap.

should had removed it then

Despite some hiccups, this season had some great stuff in it. So I'm going to be split on a few things.

Best Storyline - The Genesis Strain and Ibn arcs were really good, but they didn't go off quite as planned. Probably the only arc that did go as planned was Dinah's takeover of Gotham. And it was done with almost no PC's to work with.

Best Hero - Superman. Others did very heroic things and also had great posts. But Supes was taken further than ever before and still sacrificed himself then taking the 'easy' way out and killing. He saved himself in the end.

Best Villain - This is actually very hard. Luthors's motivations of revenge and hatred for Superman are classic, but were done in brand new ways. And Twy's development of Dinah was awesome, but she was more of an anti-hero rather than a villain. (If there was an anti-hero/hero category, Dinah would get it). I have to go with Parasite in a close race. Not only were his motivations pure (love, hatred, revenge) but he did the 'impossible' and killed the Man of Steel, realized how much of a mistake that was, and took care of himself.

Best Developed Character - I want to be a jerk and vote for Sinestro. I've done a lot of work to change him from villain to hero. But I'm going to not vote for myself and split it between Dinah and Roy. We've learned so much about Roy this season, and we've seen the development of an entirely new Dinah. I have a feeling once we learned what happened to her in season 5, she'll own htis category.

Best Fight - Honorable mention to the Lobo fight. So many of us taking on the Lobo's was fun. But the winner is Supes/Parasite.

Best Post - I'll have to get back to this one. So many to look through. Early leaders are LT and Spike's final posts.

Best Rookie - Some good rookies this year, but I'm going to have to go with Jason Todd's portrayal. In a short time the character is so very developed and has some rather big plans.

Best Teamup - I think the ringslingers are starting to put together a good team, and Ras and Luthor's team up was classic villainy. But I'm voting for Nightwing and Arsenal. I mean, it's Nightwing and Arsenal. The Boy Wonder and the Boy Robin (Hood), and their history shows.

Funniest Post - Not sure. Lots of good ones out there. It'll likely be one between Dick and Roy.

Biggest Shock - Tie. Dinah's reveal and Superman's death. Dinah was one of my two guesses as to Mystery Woman's identity so I was not super shocked to see her return. But I was shocked as to how she came back, the perfect timing of her scream, once again saving Dick's life, and the realization that she's been living a life we know nothing about. And Superman's death came out of nowhere. I honestly wasn't expecting it and was almost convinced he was going to kill Parasite. When I wrote Sinestro's message to the rest that he had fallen, that's exactly how I felt: shock, disbelief, and uncertaintly.

Kinda repeating myself from the messages I sent you on MSN wiegeabo..but thanks man. It really means a lot. I know I've said this a lot in this thread but I am serious when I say that I've been trying hard to be good enough for this RPG; this is my first time RPing (so hopefully this Season I'll be better at it with characterizing Jason). I am glad a lot of you have enjoyed Jason's big plans and you won't be dissapointed. :word:

wiegeabo said:
Biggest Shock - Tie. Dinah's reveal and Superman's death. Dinah was one of my two guesses as to Mystery Woman's identity so I was not super shocked to see her return. But I was shocked as to how she came back, the perfect timing of her scream, once again saving Dick's life, and the realization that she's been living a life we know nothing about. And Superman's death came out of nowhere. I honestly wasn't expecting it and was almost convinced he was going to kill Parasite. When I wrote Sinestro's message to the rest that he had fallen, that's exactly how I felt: shock, disbelief, and uncertaintly.
I feel that I should give a shout out to the perfect timing of Dinah's scream as well. The Parasite was fighting Riot at the same time, and I was really pounding my brain to think of a way to take them all out and not go for a cheap copout. The canary cry gave me exactly what I needed, and it wasn't planned out or anything. :up::up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"