The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season VIII Signup/OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BnKRPG

Dark Lord of the RPG's
Reaction score
imagefinalcrisisbrs8.jpg

Welcome to the World of Heroes DC RPG Season VIII​

The world has slowly healed from the wounds caused by the Dark Alliance, but a greater threat looms in the distance.

On Earth, the heroes and villains continue their lives. Gotham's Caped Crusader returns to life as the Marine Marvel is wiped from existence and the memories of everyone on Earth. In Keystone City, the Flash Family play a deadly game with the speedster known as Savitar. This time, they have an unlikely alley in the form of the supervillain Zoom.

In space, an approaching War of Light rings in the prophecy of the Blackest Night. At the center of the conflict is the Green Lantern Corps. and the members of Sector 2814. Sides will be drawn and friends will fight to preserve order in the galaxy.

While all this goes on, the Man of Steel himself is lost in the Multiverse. Caught in his quest for redemption and desperate to return his cousin to life.

Heroes and villains will be forced to unite to battle the coming threat. Even now, the forces of darkness and Anti-Life rally. Their mission is the control and domination of the galaxy.

This season, war and chaos descend upon the galaxy and Earth, friends will become enemies, and the dead will rise.​

This RPG is based off of post-Crisis on Infinite Earths and pre-Identity/Infinite Crisis.

If you want to take part in this, just fill in the application at the bottom of this post and we'll put your name and character on the first post here. First come, first serve. Two characters are allowed.

GAMEMASTERS
RULES
  • You can choose to be any superhero or supervillain in the DC Universe, as long as they:
Are to be established on Earth, as in, if Lobo is to be involved, he has to reside in a DCU Earth city...

Are NOT deities, gods, or people such as Shazam the Wizard. People like Superman and Captain Marvel are okay, though...

Are true to the personality and abilities of the character, such as NO Pre-Crisis Superman, no moving planets, sneezing away the Milky Way, no amnesia kiss... EVERYTHING is set POST-Crisis, and Post-Zero Hour, in the current continuity of the character you are/wish to play/playing.
  • Don't do anything RANDOM like chopping off board user's heads or what not, unless your a villain chopping off inanimate victims heads, then whatever, go with it, as long as it's not technically RANDOM.
    Don't kill people without reason.
    Don't randomly kill NPC's.

• You know your weaknesses and strengths, what you can do or can't. Black Canary will lose against Superman one on one, but may be able to use her allies to help her out or she can run away. (HA! Yeah ri-ght)

• Don’t kill a PC unless you have a plan to bring them back.
    Don’t kill your character when you quit the RPG, this rob's a person from playing that character.

• If there is a problem between you and another player,
    or if you have question's please talk to one of the Gamemasters The list of Game masters is at the top of this post.

• There should be MINIMAL cussing and swearing in posts.
    There will be NO By-passing the censors. This is a Hype rule, and NO exceptions will be made for the RPG.

• No obscene topics!

What to do in the RPG-
  • Act like your character; ASSUME their traits and personality...

• You can form super villain gang’s superhero teams, alliances, the works.

• There can be a number of stories (or arcs) going on at once, using different people.

• There are endless places to go and endless things to do: ENDLESS possibilities so get creative...
People who disobey these rules, some more major than the others, will get BOOTED by the GM. If need be a Moderator will be called in.

For more of the ‘rules’ see- RPG Etiquette

ROSTER

s8jla3.png

s8jsa2.png

s8titans2.png

s8heroes4.png

s8wtlroster2.png

s8villains3.png

The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season VIII Application

Screen Name:

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character):

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences) If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism and is not allowed. :

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable):

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?):

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?:

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character you wish to be used for the Character Roster (if you do not know how, or do not have a preference, please say so and a default picture shall be picked for you):

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

For those who are new to Role-Playing...
For all your RPG needs!

Last edited:

Screen Name:
Byrd Man

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Bruce Wayne/Batman

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences) If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism and is not allowed. : Batman has no powers, but his body is trained to almost the pinnacle of human ability. On top of his genius mind, Batman uses his resources of Wayne Enterprises to have the best technology avalible.

Bruce Wayne was just a child when he watched his parents murder. That night, as he laid in the blood of Thomas and Martha Wayne, he made a solem vow that he would seek justice.

Training his body and his mind, Bruce became the crime fighter know as Batman. Many years after taking up his quest, his greatest enemy, the Joker, killed him battle. Being resurrected by Talia Al Ghul, Bruce was rescued by the unlikely team of Joker and Alfred Pennyworth. After bringing order back to Gotham City, Batman now begins his quest to bring his life back together.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Batman Family, Justice League of America (formerly)

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): My plans with Batman this season are to deal with what's happened in Gotham City since he's been gone, and how he deals with things as Bruce Wayne. The reason why I've chosen him? While my username doesn't contain a reference to the Batman mythology like some (Master Bruce, Batman, MaskedmanJRK) I am still a die hard Bat-fan and have been one since 1989.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: [email protected]

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character you wish to be used for the Character Roster (if you do not know how, or do not have a preference, please say so and a default picture shall be picked for you

Batman12-8.jpg

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

The Cave

The figure stalks through the shadows, trying desperately to escape the confines of the underground fortress. What he fails to realize is that I'm right behind him.

"Hey,"the young boy cries out as I grab him by his collar.

"Where is my mother?!" He screams. His name is Damian. He's my son.

"She's back in Asia with the rest of the League of Assassins."

"Why did you kidnap me?"

"I didn't. Through force, I was granted custody of you."

"So you are my father? The world's greatest detective?"

"Yes," I say as I let go of his collar.

"Why did you take me away from my mother?"

"She couldn't be trusted with you. If you stayed with the League, then Talia would warp your mind and turn you into a living weapon."

"Yes, and a grown man dressed as a flying rodent is the pillar of sanity!"

I throw Damian a hard glance, and then turn to leave the cave.

"Alfred," I mutter into the microphone in my hand.

"Yes, sir?"

"Could you bring Damian some sandwiches?

"Right away."

I turn back and look at the boy one last time before I leave. Give me Killer Croc, Joker, and Riddler all rolled into one. Compared to this, I'll take them any day of the week.

And

Screen Name: Byrd Man

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Guy Gardner. Star Sapphire 2814.2

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences) If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism and is not allowed. :
A former Green Lantern Honor Lantern, Earthling Guy Gardner was banished from the Corps. after speaking his mind. Depressed and saddened by the action of the Guardians, Guy was last seen in his hometown of Baltimore when a Violet ring appeared before him and offered him a role as the only male Star Sapphire.

Guy's Violet power ring entitles him to all the abilities of the Star Sapphires.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Star Sapphires (Violet Lantern Corps)

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I chose this character because it's Guy, c'mon! I was born to play him. My goals will be to have Guy take part in the War of Light, and portray him as a Star Sapphire, and the personality change that will entail from it.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: [email protected]

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character you wish to be used for the Character Roster (if you do not know how, or do not have a preference, please say so and a default picture shall be picked for you): See below

Space Sector 129

"I had to see it to believe it," John says as we fly along together in the outreaches of space.

"Laugh it up, Mister. But I couldn't take those Guardians any longer."

"I know that, but why become a Star Sapphire? Why not go back to Warrior?"

"You don't get it. I took up this ring to be back out here, doing good. It doesn't matter if I fight for willpower or love, I'm back in the fight."

"Uh-huh...so tell me, is there any strange....side effects to wearing that?"

"Well,"
I venture cautiously. "I've been feeling kind of....emotional lately."

"Examples?"

"I was back on Earth last week and, for no good reason other than I wanted to....I watched Bridges of Madison County and I loved it."

"Seriously?"

"Don't look at me like that, it's a heartfelt love story. Easily one of Eastwood's best."

"The same guy who was in Dirty Harry and Hang 'Em High?"

"Clint Eastwood can be a touching, sweet man when he wants to be!" I say with more emotion in my voice than I intended to. I'm on the verge of tears, and I have no reason to explain why.

"Guy? You okay, man?"

"Yeah...yeah."

<Attention, Star Sapphire. Your presence is required. Love is in danger in Sector 2282.>

"Aww, Fudge. I gotta go. Do me a favor, John...don't tell Hal or Kyle what just happened."

"You got my word."

I pull my lantern out of the small pocket of space I learned how to use as a GL.

"For Hearts Long Lost. And Full of Fright. For Those Alone In Blackest Night. Accept Our Ring and Join Our Fight -- Love Conquers All -- "

guystarsapphire.jpg

"With Violet Light!"

I disappear in a bright flash of purple.

So yeah, with my pc down and it being a massive pain in the ass, it may be a few days before I can get my app up for Superman. Until then, I suppose he's up for grabs.

So you guys are free to get him out from under me...at your own peril. (I WILL ****ING KILL YOU)

The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season VII Application

Screen Name:
Blacklight

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): The Flash/Wally West

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences) If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism and is not allowed. : Wally West, like his mentor and beloved uncle Barry Allen, has superspeed. And after his courageous death, Wally became the Flash in his honor to keep the legacy of the Fastest Man Alive well... alive.

Currently, he, along with former archenemy Zoom, are out to save Kid Flash Bart Allen as well as the rest of the Flash Family from their enemy Savitar

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Justice League of America and Titans/"Outsiders"

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I just want to bring an honest as well as regular posting Flash to this game. Not to mention I want to do some interesting things with his world as well as the Flash Universe as a whole.

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character you wish to be used for the Character Roster (if you do not know how, or do not have a preference, please say so and a default picture shall be picked for you):
74124-wally-west_400.jpg

There's so many things to do when your the Fastest Man Alive... and protecting not one, but two cities is just one of those many things.

6:36 PM... Central City

"Ahh Mickey, Mickey, Mickey... When are you gonna learn? I'm a married man now... I can't be seen tangling with you anymore."

"Ignorant Flash! I'll burn this whole city to the GROU--"

"WaitasecondHoldthatthoughtBerightback..."

6:37 PM... Keystone City

"LENNY! How's the parole treating ya?"

"Flash! I'm gonna give this city a serious case of Frostbi--"

"Waitwaitwait! Before you go off and finish your evil speech, I'm in the middle of a very "heated" arguement back in Central, so if you could wait just one minute... That'd really help."

"Oh uh... Really? Uhh... Okay then..."

"GREAT! Here's a stopwatch. Time me." I said as I handed him the clock and I sped off towards the other half of the twin cities.

6:37 PM... Central City

"Right. Now what was it you were saying earlier, Mick? I had a rather pressing engagement to take care of."

"I'm gonna BURN this city to the GROU--"

"BurnthiscitytothegroundBlahBlahBlahWhatelseis new? Listen, Mick. I'm kinda on the clock here, so let's make this fast shall we?"

6:38 PM... Keystone City

"Okay I'm back. How'd I do, Lenny?"

"Fifty-Seven seconds."

"Alright! New record! Now let's see if I can beat it! Starting with you, Cap..."

"Sonuva--"

*BIFFBIFFBIFFBIFFBIFFBIFF*

"Hmm... Fifty-Three seconds."

Not bad, Wally. Not bad at all...

DC RPG Season VII Application

Screen Name: Blacklight

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Ted Kord/Batman

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences) If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism and is not allowed. : After returning to life after his death at the hands of the Calculator, Ted Kord sought to defend Gotham as Batman in hopes of keeping the mantle of the Bat alive, keeping the city from destroying itself, as well as impressing the also ressurected Bruce Wayne into letting Ted don the cowl on a rescue mission of which he is about to embark. One that'll have him going to the future to save his successor to the Blue Beetle mantle, Jaime Reyes

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Hero

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I actually am going to play Ted to simply finish all the arcs I never finished including his solo arc and the Jaime Reyes arc I started at the beginning of the season with him in the future.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: [email protected] - MSN

"For this rescue mission and only this mission will I accept it. If you don't stop, friend or not I will be forced to act."

I turn away from Ted, walking across the rooftop. I turn back just once and stare at him.

"Remember what I said. Good luck on your mission, and welcome back."

I leap off the side of the building and glide away into the early morning sky.

"Likewise, old friend..." Ted muttered to himself after Bruce had already made his depature.

"Now..." Ted started as he put the cowl back on over his Beetle mask.

batman4p.png

"Just one last pitstop to make..." he said as he pulled out a small remote from his utility belt, pressing a small switch.

Moments later, an aviation vehicle of some sort was heading straight for the Blue Beetle's location. One that looked like a strange hybrid of Batman's "Batwing" and Ted Kord's trademark "Bug". Hopping into the cockpit and switching on a few triggers and pulling some levers, the aircraft, which Ted had previously named the "Bat-Bug", was ready to fly.

batman7w.png

"Heh. Been waiting to test this thing out... Bat-Bug computer, input coordinates for Kord Enterprises HQ."

Coordinates downloaded.

"Chicago, here I come..."

Byrd is Approved. Byrd is Approved. BL is Approved. BL is Approved. Unless we're doing the 24 hour rule. Then ya gotta ****in' wait.

Last edited:
Byrd is Approved. Byrd is Approved. BL is Approved. BL is Approved. Unless we're doing the 24 hour rule. Then ya gotta ****in' wait.
Says FCFS in the first post :)

'Cause you're chicken. :cmad:

FUATHURIO! :cmad:

But yeah, no 24 hour rule. I might change the rules to where the 24 hour rule will apply after someone drops a character.

Screen Name: Watchman

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Darkseid Times New Roman black

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences) If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism and is not allowed. : The ruler of the hell world of Apokolips has been cast out of the heavens of the New Gods and has risen on Earth. After an unsuccessful invasion of Earth, Darkseid and his minions were pulled into a great war with New Genesis. Darkseid had won but was fatally wounded by his son Orion. In a last ditch gambit the tyrant's was killed in an attempt to spread the anti-life equation through multiverse. His body was destroyed by Superman of Earth 2. His soul fell to Earth damaging the whole of reality with it. Darkseid and his forces have rebuilt and are preparing to initiate the final crisis of man, the end of thought, and soon everything in existence will be Darkseid.

Darkseid possess a number of Godlike abilities. Darkseid has strength, durability, endurance, etc. far beyond the likes of Superman and Captain Marvel.

Although, despite being a highly-trained and powerful warrior, he rarely engages in physical confrontations. Instead, he relies on his large army of minions, brilliant mind, and not to mention he is a ruthless tactician.

Darkseid also possess the Omega Effect. A form of energy fired from his eyes that can disintegrate or transport anything. The Omega Effect will erase beings or things from existence. They can travel over far distances and Darkseid has an uncanny accuracy. Also, the Omega Sanction. Hit by this the victim is transported to a series of never-ending lives each one worst than the last.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The Evil Gods of Apokolips

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): A story that has been planned since the second season I've been here. Although, it has gone through some drastic changes, for example no more Dr. Destiny weapon where the universe enters a dream world and Darkseid is elevated to an Endless powered being, less said about that the better. One more thing any similarities with villain choice is totally coincidental, though some story points have been influenced by a certain Scottish writer and a recent obsession of David Lynch movies. Surreal horror will be tone down but not absent and this season I will go with a more epic Bat-S**** crazy sci-fi smackdown with some noir thrown in for good measure.

All will be reveal this season. The Blackest Night Prophecy, the War of the Light, The Cult of Crime's new messiah, the War of the Gods and the Guardians' Terrible Secret, and so much more. This season is going to redefine epic.

Look to the left

darkseid_final_crises_4-1.jpg

All that remains of the New Gods, Apokolips and New Genesis alike, is nothing but ruins. A great war has left both sides decimated but the victors staggered from the ashes.

"Desaad," the booming voice slithered out of the mouth of the new ruler of the universe.

"Yes, my master."

"The Dawning of the Fifth World is upon us, those that will oppose us will lie in ruins."

"Of course, master, all will be crushed under your mighty heel. All will shout their new creed: Darkseid is."

"Nothing like Darkseid has ever been experienced. I will mutilate their heavens into hells, I will drag their rebellion into the pits, I will snuff out the light of hope and life until all that remains is Darkseid."

I'll have Black Hand up later...

Screen Name: Watchman

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Darkseid Times New Roman black

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences) If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism and is not allowed. : The ruler of the hell world of Apokolips has been cast out of the heavens of the New Gods and has risen on Earth. After an unsuccessful invasion of Earth, Darkseid and his minions were pulled into a great war with New Genesis. Darkseid had won but was fatally wounded by his son Orion. In a last ditch gambit the tyrant's was killed in an attempt to spread the anti-life equation through multiverse. His body was destroyed by Superman of Earth 2. His soul fell to Earth damaging the whole of reality with it. Darkseid and his forces have rebuilt and are preparing to initiate the final crisis of man, the end of thought, and soon everything in existence will be Darkseid.

Darkseid possess a number of Godlike abilities. Darkseid has strength, durability, endurance, etc. far beyond the likes of Superman and Captain Marvel.

Although, despite being a highly-trained and powerful warrior, he rarely engages in physical confrontations. Instead, he relies on his large army of minions, brilliant mind, and not to mention he is a ruthless tactician.

Darkseid also possess the Omega Effect. A form of energy fired from his eyes that can disintegrate or transport anything. The Omega Effect will erase beings or things from existence. They can travel over far distances and Darkseid has an uncanny accuracy. Also, the Omega Sanction. Hit by this the victim is transported to a series of never-ending lives each one worst than the last.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The Evil Gods of Apokolips

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): A story that has been planned since the second season I've been here. Although, it has gone through some drastic changes, for example no more Dr. Destiny weapon where the universe enters a dream world and Darkseid is elevated to an Endless powered being, less said about that the better. One more thing any similarities with villain choice is totally coincidental, though some story points have been influenced by a certain Scottish writer and a recent obsession of David Lynch movies. Surreal horror will be tone down but not absent and this season I will go with a more epic Bat-S**** crazy sci-fi smackdown with some noir thrown in for good measure.

All will be reveal this season. The Blackest Night Prophecy, the War of the Light, The Cult of Crime's new messiah, the War of the Gods and the Guardians' Terrible Secret, and so much more. This season is going to redefine epic.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: Look to the left

darkseid_final_crises_4-1.jpg

All that remains of the New Gods, Apokolips and New Genesis alike, is nothing but ruins. A great war has left both sides decimated but the victors staggered from the ashes.

"Desaad," the booming voice slithered out of the mouth of the new ruler of the universe.

"Yes, my master."

"The Dawning of the Fifth World is upon us, those that will oppose us will lie in ruins."

"Of course, master, all will be crushed under your mighty heel. All will shout their new creed: Darkseid is."

"Nothing like Darkseid has ever been experienced. I will mutilate their heavens into hells, I will drag their rebellion into the pits, I will snuff out the light of hope and life until all that remains is Darkseid."

I'll have Black Hand up later...

Been planning this since Season II?

Hmm, well in that case. DENIED

Try your story idea in Marvel, ****er.

Approved

subby for when my pc woes are over.

I may have another app up later.

Screen Name: Red_Robin77

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Honor Lantern Kyle Rayner

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences) If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism and is not allowed. : Kyle wields a Green Lantern power ring, powered by willpower, which allows the user to create anything form they can imagine.

Kyle was chosen by Ganthet, the last Guardian, to wield the last remaining Green Lantern ring. Kyle wielded the ring alongside many other heroes, until he became Ion. As Ion, he recharged the main Battery on Oa, and the Green Lantern Corps were remade. Now, Kyle is a member of Honor Guard, and is ready to fight for his Corps, in an oncoming War...

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Green Lantern Corps, Honor Guard, Justice League

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): Kyle was my first proper character, who I enjoyed playing. Recently, I fell into a bit of a slump with him, but with the amazing climatic battle put on by Keyser and Wieg, I found myself more excited about playing Kyle, and I've got plenty of new ideas.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: Not at the moment

530445-0004_super.jpg

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night

Guy was gone. Exiled from the Honor Guard. The Green Lantern Corps. The particular Corps, that was still reeling from Sinestro and Parallax. Hal was removed to. John was still around, as well as that new kid with the Ion entity, but still. Two of the greatest were gone.

No evil shall escape my sight

I soared through the space of Sector 1132, a red light glowing in front of me. Oh, great. That meant only one thing. Red Lantern. Hadn't seen one of those since the battle on Oa. Since I learnt that the Corps were screwed with all these new rings.

Let those who worship evil's might

As I neared the glowing creature, blood pouring out of its mouth, I saw it make eye contact with me. These things were damn freaky. Not scary. Just...odd. As I neared it, ring up, it let out a bellow of anger, and raised it's own ring. I watched as a pulse of red energy was fired in my direction, and I dived to the side, letting it fly off past me.

"Listen, we all know who's going to win this little fight. I've used the power of Ion. I'm an Honor Guard. What are you? Some freak with a nose bleed."

As an emerald axe formed in my hands, I smirked, and charged forward at the angry creature, pulling back the axe to achieve a full blow on the creature with it, energy rippling through the creation.

Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!

Screen Name:
trustyside-kick

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character):
Tempest/Garth

(From the DC Comics Database Wiki page since it is pretty lengthy and no point in telling it all from memory)

Garth's origin is similar to that of his mentor. He is an amphibious humanoid who was left to die because of ancient Atlantean superstition and prophecy. Tempest was a prince of the Idyllists, a colony of Atlanteans that settled in the Hidden Valley 4,000 years ago. There, nestled in the capital city of Shayeris, the pacifist Idyllists became rabid builders and collectors, architects and artisans, and eschewed physical violence at all costs. The Idyllists were also practitioners of magic and kept an extensive library of mystical texts and scrolls.

Approximately four decades ago, King Thar and his wife Queen Berra, became the reigning monarchs of Shayeris. Thar had inherited the throne and access to ancient magical energies that his brother Zath, a powerful magician in his own right, believed to be rightfully his. Zath practiced dark sorcery and necromancy, the raising of the dead, and was eventually banished from the Hidden Valley. His body transformed into disgusting, half human form, Zath, renamed Slizzath, returned to Shayeris twenty years later with an army of undead. He planned to invade the Hidden Valley and transform it into a necropolis he would rule.
Aqualad

King Thar knew of this and assembled an armory of robots and weapons to stop his demented brother. But the Idylist radicals killed him and banished his pregnant wife Berra back to Atlantis. Before Thar was killed, however, he was able to cast a magical spell that trapped Slizzath in an otherdimensional prison. Unfortunately, this spell was linked to a magical ritual which would give his offspring access to incredible mystical powers and accessing that ritual would give Slizzath the energy required to break free of his prison. So word was sent out that all babies born with purple eyes, the Idylist mark of power, should be banished and killed, lest they try to perform the access ritual and accidentally free Slizzath and his undead army. The Idylists also claimed that Thar had gone insane to hide their complex, fearful plan.

In Poseidonis, one of the domed cities of Atlantis, Queen Berra gave birth to her baby boy, Garth, who was born with purple eyes. The Atlanteans claimed Garth had been born genetically inferior and sentenced him to death on a seabed leagues away from Atlantis. But, with the secret help of Aquaman's father, the Atlantean sorcerer Atlan, the young Garth not only survived but thrived. It was Atlan who taught Garth language and survival rituals and kept the young boy from going feral as he scavenged his way through the undersea. Garth did develop an intense fear of schools of fish, however, that haunted him into his teens.

His powers are: can breathe underwater, can swim at superspeed, superstrength, can withstand underwater pressures, force blasts, can manipulate water currents, can make whirlpools, can change the temperature of water, retrocognition,telepathy, can travel between dimensions, and astral projection.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable):
Teen Titans, Sentinels of Magic

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?):
I've chosen to portray Tempest because of how my last Aquaman ended. I've used this character as an NPC and few times have I gotten under his skin, and I am looking forward doing so as my own character.

Yes, I have MSN: [email protected]

tempest.jpg

OOC: This takes place directly after my last post in Season VII. For me there is no time gap between Seasons for the purpose of my story.

tmpstbanner1.png

I try to play back the memories, over and over again, hoping that if I think about them long enough it will mean something. Hoping that if I fail in my mission, somehow out of sheer luck I will not forget. My life? Non-existent. I only exist because of my mentor Atlan who is also the birth father of Orin. But my teacher is near-powerless to do anything about the state of things in Atlantis due to his current state and using all the power he possess to keep the spell shielding us.

As for what awaits me back in Atlantis? Cannot really know for sure. The information Atlan has given me is limited, since it is obvious that the old mystic in his current physical shape and strength cannot risk traveling through dimensions so much. But he has already informed me that there is a high chance that my wife is not there. The thought that no matter what, I've lost my son because of all this causes my blood to boil like never before.

This isn't just about fixing things right, and getting Aquaman back. This is about getting my life back.

"I'm going to undo the treachery caused by Hagen, Triton, and the Ocean Master. I promise you, my teacher. I'm going to set things right. I...failed my duties as a King. But that doesn't mean my duty as a hero have backfired on me."

"Take this with you. I do not desire to rush you, or feel that you are rushed, but it is important that you take this artifact with you."

Appearing out of thin air in front of Garth, is a medallion with the "A" Atlantean Seal engraved. Within the medallion, is some sort of magical material that slowly disappears.

"When that medallion stops glowing...you will know that time has run out, and that my spell keeping us shielded from the fate of our Atlantean brothers and sisters has died. Good luck, Garth."

"Don't need luck, as Aquaman would say during the days of Aquaman and Aqualad: Sea Sleouths of the Seven Seas. Just need to set your mind on doing something...and do it."

I'll have an app for Nightwing tomorrow.

Screen Name:
Karem-Knight

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Sodam Yat/Ion

Sodam Yat was born in the planet of Daxam, home to an extremely distrustful and paranoid race of beings whose xenophobia had taken the best of them for many years. One day, Sodam found an alien being in the forests of his home planet and befriended it for months till the Daxamite authorities found his alien friend and executed it. Sodam swore to leave his home planet and so spent years building his own make shift space ship to explore the universe, it was completed; however on his way from Daxam's space system it nearly crashed till a Green Lantern Power Ring found Sodam and he was enlisted to the Green Lantern Corps.

Sodam is still a rookie with little experience but has shown skill with the power ring better than most Lanterns. It was after Oa's attack from the archaic forces of the Red Lantern Corps that the Guardians enlisted Sodam with their willpower entity, Ion. Sodam now has limitless control of his constructs and used this to help the heroes of Earth and fellow Lantern Hal Jordon from stopping Sinestro and the fear entity of Parallax. Now, Sodam fights with the Corps as their secret weapon Ion against their enemies to in still order to the universe.

Sodam when equipped with a Green Lantern power ring has the ability to create constructs of anything with his imagination, and with the power of Ion now inside him he now has complete control of what he can do and is only limited to his will and imagination. Sodam's daxamite body also gives him power under the Earth's yellow sun, much like that to Kryptonians however his vulnerability to lead can lead to fatal lead posinoing and kill him in hours. Thankfully, the power of Ion and the powering help combat it from reaching it's fatal stages.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Green Lantern Corps

I hope to explore the character of Sodam Yat and his role as a vital member to the Green Lantern Corps and the universe as a whole. I would also like to contribute more to the ongoing story lines involving the War of Light and upcoming event happening in the RPG.

Yes I have MSN; [email protected]

268483-116436-ion_super.jpg

Oa, Sector 0 the centre of the known universe

Standing in solitude I calmly sit outside the gates of the main halls of the council of Oa, I stare up at the endless stars that now thanks to the records in this planet I can find out and easily explore by myself or with my fellow Corps members. However, life is not that simple or enjoyable.

All of the known universe was in danger only a few days ago; the Corps nearly faced destruction again when Sinestro was once again put on trial. He took control of the opposite of the entity I hold with inside my self, Parallax embodiment of fear. Thankfully, I regained consciousness to stop him and with the help of Hal Jordon we managed to trap Parallax but Sinestro escaped the custody of the Corps.

Yes, life is far from simple right now.

Looking over my shoulder I see a familiar face sitting in silence by himself almost looking sombre and sad. I walk over to greet him when a few months ago I wouldn't have hesitated to fly at light speed in the opposite direction.

"Hello, Lantern Killowog."

"Yat!? I was wondering where you went poozer, thought you would take a quick vacation for a while after that stunt you pulled..."

I let out a modest chuckle and scratch the back of my head.

"...I had to admit, I had my doubts when the Guardians first gave you the Ion entity. But after you and Hal took down Sinestro? That wiped away all my doubts."

"Thank you...Lantern Kilowog. But you seemed troubled? And another query comes to mind, I haven't seen Lantern Jordon since the Parralax incident. Is he alright?"

The hulking drill sergeant let's out a sigh I never expected to see from such a being. "Remember when Hal tried to convince the Guardians that Sinestro had indeed changed? He was so sure, he would hand over his ring and be jailed? Well....the lil' blue men took that too seriously and now he's been jailed since then. Dumb idea if you ask me, Hal's a tough guy but without his power ring- don't know how he'll be able to take on any of the other aliens he helped bring down."

Kilowog stands up and looks at several rookie Lanterns flying towards the training grounds.

"I better go, looks like it's time for me to train some other poozers on how to work this damn thing. See ya round, Yat!"

He flies away and quickly to the barracks, within seconds I already hear him barking orders. Looking up to the big sky in space I let out a sigh and look down on the ground.

Looks like blacker days and nights are upon us.

Screen Name:
Karem-Knight

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Dick Grayson/Nightwing

Richard John "Dick" Grayson was born to a family of travelling acrobats, until one day mob boss Tony Zucco was overdue on his extortion payment with the plan of using the "Flying Graysons" as a lesson to those who wouldn't pay up. That night, Dick lost his parents to crime and was taken in by billionaire Bruce Wayne whom too lost his parents to a criminal.
Wayne then decided to share a secret with the young boy, that he was actually in fact the vigilante known as The Batman who fought crime in Gotham City every night; it wasn't long before Dick Grayson became Robin the Boy Wonder.

"The Dynamic Duo" as they were known spent years fighting crime in Gotham City against the colourful criminals, in turn this gave Dick what Bruce never had in coping with his parents death; an outlet. However as Dick grew older his friends became more and more important and so gave up the mantle of Robin to one that was all his own: Nightwing and joined the Teen Titans full time. Bruce took on another Robin named Jason Todd whom later met his demise by the hand of the Joker. The years weren't kind to Dick's mentor but he stuck by him even when the Dark Knight's back was broken by Bane, and Dick's old flame Barbara Gordon a.k.a. Batgirl was crippled by the Joker. Bruce also took on another Robin, Tim Drake whom Dick shares a close friendship with.

Dick spent some time in the near by city of Bludhaven to truly stick out as his own man for a while, until the Joker sent down a Joker bomb that wiped out the entire populace and soon Dick moved to New York City. But then, tragedey struck Dick yet again a year later when after the arrival of another Dark Alliance saw the death of his mentor and father figure the Dark Knight himself, Batman. Nightwing and Robin fought hard to keep Gotham safe during his year long absence; but one night out of the blue they saw Bruce Wayne who had been brainwashed by the League of Assasains and with the help of Alfred Pennyworth and the Joker, Tim and Dick helped bring their mentor back and Batman soon returned as the rightful protector of Gotham City.

Now, Dick has decided to stay in Gotham for a while with Barbarar Gordon now known as Oracle, re-kindling their romance after so long as Dick continues fighting as Nightwing.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Teen Titans (former), Justice League (reserve), Bat family

Yes I have MSN; [email protected]

nightwing2.jpg

Gotham City

Me and Barbara sit down quietly tucking into a nice Chinese while the television tells us the latest happenings around the city, for once it's quiet and no colourful villains seems to be doing anything ridiculous or disturbingly violent. While we eat Bab's head moves up quickly and then smiles as she finishes her mouthful.

"Ooh! I almost forgot, I was going through your stuff that you've kept throughout the years....and guess what I found!"

Her smile seems so sinister and cheeky that I almost blush and hind my face with my hand. "This can't be good...."

"Your first Nightwing costume...with the Titans!" She let's out a huge laugh and then I can't help but sending out a chuckle as well.

"Oh come on! I was eighteen, and to be honest...I was just glad to be out of those tights and pixie boots!"

"Look, I know Kory was naive but I'm surprised she didn't say anything about it, I mean your Robin costume was kind of cute....but that thing!"

"Hey come on, the other two costumes were much better. And Roy may give me crap about my Robin costume, but at least I didn't wear that stupid hat!"

"Okay..okay, Dick. You win, you win."

We both smile and stare at each other for a while, then all of a sudden we move closer to each other and start to kiss; my eyes close as her hand touches my cheeks when all of a sudden...

"This just in! A local bank robbery is happening in East Side Gotham, reports say that it could be Killer Moth coming back or perhaps an impersonator. More on the way..."

"Umm....

"You're not are you?"

"Well..."

"Oh Dick..."

"But...someone could..."

"It's Killer Moth!"

"I'll be back in ten miniutes I swear! Just let me get it out of my system, I swear to god it will be funny!"

She sighs; "...fine! But I've got surveillance cameras everywhere there, and if he lays even the slightest touch on you....I won't let it go till next week."

By the time she finishes her sentence I've already changed my clothes and got everything equipped.

"Come on...it's me? I've got this under control!"

I stand by the window and let go doing a quick summer salt before getting the glider and flying to the East Side.

I love my job.

Tempest, Yat, and Nightwing are all.....

guy1.jpg

Shouldn't that pic now have a purple love heart on it?

Shouldn't you be putting up a Tim Drak app?

He's a cousin to Drak, a descendent of Dracula and leader of the Drak Pack.

Screen Name:
Catman_prb

Character you would like to play: Tim Drake aka Red Robin

Powers and Brief Origin: No powers, save for Olympic-level altheticism and keen deduction skills. Whilst Tim had been Robin for years, the time spent on his own during Batman's absense gave him the push to move on. As such he has adopted the mantle of Red Robin, leaving the mantle open for newer blood.

Group your character is aligned with: Teen Titans (estranged)

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character: Again, I am forced to wonder why we have part of the app asking us to give away our Season plans. Needless to say, Tim's child will be born this season, which will be interesting for all concerned. And I've picked him up because I've taken him this far - it would be irresponsible to leave him to be bunnied in the hands of the Bat family.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: Everyone knows it.

1028847-rrob_cv9_r1_super.jpg

"What do you make of it?" Tim asked, passing the binoculars over to the purple-clad heroine to his left.

"Looks like they've got a new shipment come in," Stephanie said "But you already knew that,"

"Yeup," Tim said, grinning and pulling a grapnel from his belt "And now we need to ruin their evening,"

"Patronising much?"

"Well otherwise how will you learn?"

"I'm not your damned sidekick you know!" Spoiler exclaimed. Tim snickered, putting an arm around the girl's waist and firing the gun.

"Sure you aren't," he said, before leaping off into oblivion.

"Watch your hands!"

On a scale of one to ten, how dead/reformed/any other is Scarecrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"