The Worst Movie Characters of All Time

That-Guy

Avenger
Reaction score
There is probably already a thread like this, but I swear, every time I try to do a search, Internet Explorer crashes. Anyway, I've seen plenty of bad movies with bad characters. And even in some of my favorite movies, there are often characters that I feel could have been completely deleted and it wouldn't have been a loss (usually, it would have made the film better). Sometimes it's bad writing, sometimes it's bad acting, sometimes its both. But either way, here are a few characters that should have wound up on the cutting room floor. It's sad that some of these characters were the MAIN character in their respective films. Bear in mind, this refers to the characters in the movies ONLY... not their incarnations in any other medium (books, comic books, etc.)

Jar Jar Binks, Captain Panaka, the Trade Federation - The Phantom Menace

Rachel Dawes - Batman Begins, TDK

Zap Rowsdower, Troy MacGreggor, Mike Pipper - The Final Sacrifice (these are the three worst heroes characters I've ever seen, in ANY movie)

Profion, Snails and whatever the stupid hero's name was (don't care enough to look it up) - Dungeons and Dragons

Lord Asriel, The Gyptians - The Golden Compass

Dracula - Van Helsing AND Blade Trinity (both versions f**king sucked)

Mark Wahlberg's character - The Happening

Val Kilmer's character - The Island of Dr. Moreau

Bryan - The Fast & the Furious

Elliot Carver - Tomorrow Never Dies (worst Bond villain EVER)

Dr. Christmas Jones - The World is Not Enough (worst Bond Girl ever)

Rachel Dawes is a great character, not well acted but very well written.

I really hated the girl in apaloosa

I wasn't a fan of Rachel Dawes. I don't know why Nolan put her in there...

That guy from Transformers really nags me. The head secret service guy who gets stripped to his underwear. Idk when you a head of an alien agency do u have to be a comedic character? it bugged me.

That guy from Transformers really nags me. The head secret service guy who gets stripped to his underwear. Idk when you a head of an alien agency do u have to be a comedic character? it bugged me.

I actually liked him, but I tend to love John Turturro in anything. He's such a versitile actor. However, I'll admit that his character could have been written better.

On the other hand, Jon Voight's Secretary of Defense or whatever he was was just awful, IMO. Voight really needs to retire. He comes off like an idiot in everything these days.

I'm glad that someone brought up Val Kilmer's character in The Island of Dr. Monreau.

It was an awful awful awful movie. No likable characters, bad makeup, but cool mutanted dwarf though.

But Val was terrible in there. Then he becomes even weirder as the movie goes on.

the scene where he looks at megan fox and says "criminals are hot" was just too creepy for me. dude, she's like 16! such a pedo...lol

Jar Jar Binks.
I've been asking it since 1999, but I will say it again - "Why?"

I'm glad that someone brought up Val Kilmer's character in The Island of Dr. Monreau.

It was an awful awful awful movie. No likable characters, bad makeup, but cool mutanted dwarf though.

But Val was terrible in there. Then he becomes even weirder as the movie goes on.

Yeah, I was running through "Val Kilmer's worst performances" (of which I personally feel there are a lot to choose from) and I stopped on that one because that was one character who didn't even serve a purpose in the movie. He was just... there. And yeah, his character just becomes an even bigger waste of space as the movie goes on. God, I hate that movie.

Poor David Thewlis. He deserved better. I heard that he actually wrote a book documenting how horrible of an experience it was making that movie.

i liked Eddie Brock's Character but he shouldn't be eddie brock (if you know what i mean.... damn puns!)

"It's Brock, sir. Edward Brock, Jr."

That line alone merits a screaming Christian Bale.

bomb.jpg

Seriously. Bloom is so upstaged by Depp some scenes are painful to watch.

Others...

Chris O'Donnell's Dartagnan in The Three Musketeers

Richard in The Beach. Danny Boyle should be ashamed of himself for that awful movie.

Every character in Red Planet. Seriously, all of them. That movie raped me in the face.

Gus Gorman in Superman III

The Nuclear Man in Superman IV

Ethan Hawke's Hamlet

Zeus Carver in Die Hard: With a Vengeance

Vinnie Jones Juggernaut.

I laughed, then :facepalm when he said "I'm the Juggernaut *****!"

I was going to do the "Most Generic Villain" Thread, but it's too similar to the topic here. Should I still do it?

Elliot Carver - Tomorrow Never Dies (worst Bond villain EVER)

Dr. Christmas Jones - The World is Not Enough (worst Bond Girl ever)

I loved Jonathan Pryce in that role....and the point is made in his big speech, anyone can blow things up...but to twist the media to your will, that's an art form....and he was totally out of his tree

Id agree on Christmas Jones....Denise Richards as a nuclear physicist...yea, Im buying that

1)The Merovingian in Matrix was pretty freaking annoying. And he was an AI and knew it, what'd he need stuff for?

2)Chris Tucker in the Fifth Element. His every word is an incitation to violence.

3) That guy in Batman 89, The reporter who followed Vicky Vale.

4)Obi Wan in the Clone Wars. Really, Ewan McGregor was one of the things I never saw anyone gripe over in the Star Wars Prequels. It just bugs me to see Obi Wan talking like a narrator for VH1's shows about rich celebrities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"