The Wrestling Thread got interviewed by Sean Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
WWE title match ended in DQ/They turned Punk heel and no Austin on the show..Pfft!
This is exactly how I feel right now,other than that it was a fun show.My personal highlight was Fozzie The Bear.

I expect for Punk to say something along the lines of how NOTHING has changed. He set out to turn the WWE upside down and he's been getting the shaft the entire time.. Cena still main events getting put over WWE title matches and then Rock comes back and instantly gets a title shot.

Not sure if he'll be 100% heel.. I hope he's more of a harsh tweener like he was after The Summer of Punk.

But no Stone Cold??????

[YT]rpR00XP7jnk[/YT]

I expect for Punk to say something along the lines of how NOTHING has changed. He set out to turn the WWE upside down and he's been getting the shaft the entire time.. Cena still main events getting put over WWE title matches and then Rock comes back and instantly gets a title shot.

Not sure if he'll be 100% heel.. I hope he's more of a harsh tweener like he was after The Summer of Punk.

He will be a chicken**** by the end of the next Raw, count on it.

No Stone Cold, which sucks.

On the other hand, we may get Jericho vs. Ziggler at Summerslam, which I approve.

Well WWE is in need of top heels who can be seen as a serious threat.

Yeah but that could've been done without turning Punk heel. They took the first guy they've had in a long time who could slide into the top face spot and turned him.

Granted, he's against Cena, so he'll get cheered anyway.

:up:

Oh, and guys....a heel Punk could mean...CM Punk vs Stone Cold Steve Austin :woot:

I had thought that too, but we're still pretty far from Mania. Plus, I can't imagine they'd have Punk lost to both Rock and Austin.

I expect that too and am hoping for it!

I don't think I like this. Why does Punk have to be the heel. Don't they have enough big heels? Why can't Cena be the heel for once darn it. I mean, I know the reasons, but I'm tired of this.

Its cool to see the return of heel Punk but this fortells the rise of your new WWE Champion 'The Rock'.

Pretty much this. So Rock goes over two current and active WWE stars.

They planted the seed for the Rock/Cena rematch at Mania tonight.

So Wrestlemania looks like

Rock vs Cena 2 for the WWE Title
Brock vs. Taker
Maybe CM Punk vs Stone Cold??

No Austin. :(
King, one of the dirtiest players in the game...didn't agree with "Punk taking that chance"? Really?
I got a big laugh out of this. Lawler criticizing heel tactics? :funny:

Yeah but that could've been done without turning Punk heel. They took the first guy they've had in a long time who could slide into the top face spot and turned him.

My guess is that Sheamus takes Punk's spot. Of course, he doesn't get the reactions that a top face usually gets.

Also Randy Orton is eligible to come off suspension next week.

Well WWE is in need of top heels who can be seen as a serious threat.

I was actually trying to think of top heels in the WWE and the only guys I could think of are Bryan.. Show and Ziggler.

No one really cares about Show.

Bryan will be having matches with *shudder* Charlie Sheen

Ziggler hasn't been built up enough to matter.

A heel, or at least a tweener Punk that's looked as a legit threat is a good thing. I do wonder about Orton though... I hope he's not instantly shoved in as Face #2 when he gets back.

Sad that Punk has turned heel, or seems to have turned heel, before HHH though...

Also... I got an Anakin Skywalker "what should I dooooo!" vibe from Punk before he turned.

Punk is still the face of the situation in my eyes, so it doesn't matter if he's portrayed as the heel. I'm going to watch Punk GTS The Rock 50 times.

The WWE obviously has plans for Orton, otherwise the heel turn would have not happened.

How do you have the 1000th Raw without the biggest star Raw has ever had? :huh:

Chris Face Facts Cena is never going to turn heel and Turning Punk heel makes Since. Does nobody remember what Punk said One Year ago about the Rock. He said The Rock was the biggest Asskicker in the business and now Rock comes back and already gets a title shot at the RR. He had every right to be upset this will be interesting to see where it goes.

I had thought that too, but we're still pretty far from Mania. Plus, I can't imagine they'd have Punk lost to both Rock and Austin.

I forgot that they may have Rock beating Punk for the title.

Vince wanted Orton gone though, right? Didn't HHH have to talk him down?

Pretty much this. So Rock goes over two current and active WWE stars.

They planted the seed for the Rock/Cena rematch at Mania tonight.

So Wrestlemania looks like

Rock vs Cena 2 for the WWE Title
Brock vs. Taker
Maybe CM Punk vs Stone Cold??

Yeah But may also job at WM and drop the title to a current&active superstar!

WWE is in need of top faces and heels period. Character-wise I prefer Punk as a heel, but he was a huge face and merchandise seller for them so I am a bit surprised they seemingly turned him.

I think the best route would be to turn Bryan face, since he has not been booked to be serious heel challenger to the title. He has lost all of his title matches and he is becoming heel comedy fodder. They need to take advantage of his "YES" gimmick and run with it. It doesn't look like Bryan is turning face any time soon though. Tonight would have been a perfect time to do it if they would have had Ambrose debut in the wedding and AJ heeling Bryan.

I'm guessing they try to put HHH's boy Sheamus into the #2 face spot.

How do you have the 1000th Raw without the biggest star Raw has ever had? :huh:

I'm still scratching my head over that.

Yeah But may also job at WM and drop the title to a current&active superstar!

I expect Rock to put Cena over at Mania if they wrestle for the title. They would be in a position they would have to.

Unfortunately WWE planted the seeds right after Mania this year for Rock winning the title and it looks like Punk is going to be the fall guy.

It's just sad to me that WWE feels the need to job out their current and future stars to a guy who is not going to be around for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"