• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Wrestling Thread Is Like A Sexy Piñata...A VERY Sexy Piñata! - Part 237

Status
Not open for further replies.
As senile as he is you'd think even he would realize it wont work, the harder he pushes the stronger the vitriol will become, this isn't a Cena deal where half the crowd love him, Reigns is just hated across the demos.
He does not care if it works or not. Look at who Vince is friends with. He'd rather watch the WWE burn then let the fans make anyone. He doesn't even like people knowing Hogan existed before he came to the WWF. Austin isn't a "fan creation". Vince took a WCW castoff and made him a star. Some indy guys fans were saying where the best in the world actually being the top guys in the WWE? :lmao:

As senile as he is you'd think even he would realize it wont work, the harder he pushes the stronger the vitriol will become, this isn't a Cena deal where half the crowd love him, Reigns is just hated across the demos.

And it's hurting Reigns, too. Best he's been was playing essentially a bully heel against AJ Styles' babyface in their feud. Let him be heel! Instead they think he's Cena 2.0 smiling all-conquering babyface.

How the hell has Seth Rollins not main evented a Mania yet and Reigns has two under his belt. :funny: The fact the save was a cash-in rather than a proepr match is a sad commentary on the state of things.
Too be fair, he would have last year, but got hurt. This year they have cooled all his heat because HHH has to be the big bad, it can't be Rollins. And in the process, they have buried Owens even as he is the champion.

From the moment he entered the match, they were clearly setting up Roman/Taker. Roman even eliminated him and he stated him down hard. They even have Taker going around saying he does what he wants, where he wants it.

On another note, Goldberg can't wrestle a match. They better not try it, because he can't go more then a few minutes. He gassed after about 3 minutes today, most of it posing.

So bad, just so ****ing bad, if I still watched I'd be so pissed right now, instead it's like just seeing that what you saw the bleak future to be has become a reality, very sad as I used to love pro wrestling.

Goldberg is 50 and hasn't worked in over 10 years, yet WWE think he can still be of use lol.

If they HAD to put Reigns in the Rumble, at least let it make sense. Have him take out Ellsworth and steal a spot (which explains him having a draw pick despite being in the title match), and have him be the one to eliminate Braun Strowman in payback. Then he has a reason to be there and it advances a story. Putting him in at 30 was just a middle finger to the audience.

So bad, just so ****ing bad, if I still watched I'd be so pissed right now, instead it's like just seeing that what you saw the bleak future to be has become a reality, very sad as I used to love pro wrestling.

Goldberg is 50 and hasn't worked in over 10 years, yet WWE think he can still be of use lol.
Yeah, I feel like I might be close to another break from wrestling. It is starting to piss me off more then anything.

The crowd enjoys him. But all he can do is hurt other main eventers at this point.

If they HAD to put Reigns in the Rumble, at least let it make sense. Have him take out Ellsworth and steal a spot (which explains him having a draw pick despite being in the title match), and have him be the one to eliminate Braun Strowman in payback. Then he has a reason to be there and it advances a story. Putting him in at 30 was just a middle finger to the audience.
Yeah, I am still trying to figure out how that worked in terms of kayfabe. I love Corey on the commentary team and he didn't even call it out, which means they didn't want to discuss it.

Too be fair, he would have last year, but got hurt. This year they have cooled all his heat because HHH has to be the big bad, it can't be Rollins. And in the process, they have buried Owens even as he is the champion.

I feel bad for Rollins. Coming back from injury he was ready-made to be top babyface in the company. How could you boo the guy based on that WWE 24/7 documentary? The fans WANTED to cheer him. The HHH turn would have still worked beautifully. But because Roman Reigns needed to be the valiant hero as always, Rollins gets made heel again on his return, leaving him looking like a little whiner who was mad HHH cheated against him rather than for him.

He does not care if it works or not. Look at who Vince is friends with. He'd rather watch the WWE burn then let the fans make anyone. He doesn't even like people knowing Hogan existed before he came to the WWF. Austin isn't a "fan creation". Vince took a WCW castoff and made him a star. Some indy guys fans were saying where the best in the world actually being the top guys in the WWE? :lmao:

That's a good call, he's a pathetic manchild like his buddy, full of spite and misplaced ego.

And it's hurting Reigns, too. Best he's been was playing essentially a bully heel against AJ Styles' babyface in their feud. Let him be heel! Instead they think he's Cena 2.0 smiling all-conquering babyface.

The stupid thing is if he gave Reigns a heel run chances are that the fans would take to him more organically and turn him face eventually, giving Vince what he wants, it must suck for Reigns to have to ice skate uphill all of the time.

Were they going to do Seth vs Reigns last year? I figured they'd turn Seth face as he got so over as a heel, it's the natural path, and his working style is suited to being a face, if only they'd had a heel champion to build him towards.......oh wait, wasn't AJ a heel?.........:dry:

It's no surprise that the son in law wants to work with him, he leeched off Punk when he was white hot, then he did the same to Bryan and now it's Rollins turn, years before it was Foley and Rock, the guy is like a ****ing suucubus, attaching himself to the guys more over and relevant than him to keep in the spotlight.

Last edited:
Well, I have to hand it to WWE. They know how to screw with people. I can't even get upset about it. I'm not sure what they have planned to give us to pop for at Mania but they must have one thing to try and entice us. Becaue it sure isn't on display at the moment.

Anyway.....The Rock as Black Adam.....thoughts?

Yeah, I feel like I might be close to another break from wrestling. It is starting to piss me off more then anything.

The crowd enjoys him. But all he can do is hurt other main eventers at this point.

That's why I bounced when Punk left, I knew it was time and didn't want to waste energy on something that was being designed to piss me off.

I guess him and Brock makes sense then as the general consensus is Brock doesn't care, is lazy and hasn't had a good match in ages, so they can do a reverse 30 second match at Mania and not take up too much time.

I feel bad for Rollins. Coming back from injury he was ready-made to be top babyface in the company. How could you boo the guy based on that WWE 24/7 documentary? The fans WANTED to cheer him. The HHH turn would have still worked beautifully. But because Roman Reigns needed to be the valiant hero as always, Rollins gets made heel again on his return, leaving him looking like a little whiner who was mad HHH cheated against him rather than for him.
This is true. But Roman of course couldn't lose his status and thus Rollins was screwed.

I really thought Jericho was going to win the rumble once he made it to the final four and would eliminate Roman after he eliminates Wyatt and Orton but I was so wrong :funny:

I had picked Jericho too. It would have been the Rumble of Jericho.

That's a good call, he's a pathetic manchild like his buddy, full of spite and misplaced ego.
Yep.

The stupid thing is if he gave Reigns a heel run chances are that the fans would take to him more organically and turn him face eventually, giving Vince what he wants, it must suck for Reigns to have to ice skate uphill all of the time.
Here is the thing. I don't think Roman would be a great heel, and he'd probably lose his value in the process. He is never going to be the guy who can win over fans through his work. He just isn't that good. And yet he seems to be a very nature ******* persona.

Now I could be wrong about that. Maybe Reigns will grow into something more then a 5 moves of doom kind of guy. But imagine him working over Seth as a heel. What is going to do?

Were they going to do Seth vs Reigns last year? I figured they'd turn Seth face as he got so over as a heel, it's the natural path, and his working style is suited to being a face, if only they'd had a heel champion to build him towards.......oh wait, wasn't AJ a heel?.........:dry:

It's no surprise that the son in law wants to work with him, he leeched off Punk when he was white hot, then he did the same to Bryan and now it's Rollins turn, years before it was Foley and Rock, the guy is like a ****ing suucubus, attaching himself to the guys more over and relevant than him to keep in the spotlight.
I was rather upset with the WWE at that point, so I wasn't really watching, but yeah I thought they were going with Seth vs. Reigns.

HHH confuses me because I feel like he knows what he is doing, but his ego gets in the way a little too much. He justifies it as best for business, but I don't buy that anymore.

I can see him and Trips stealing the show at WM so it's not a big deal for me. I have a hard time feeling bad for any of these people with the amount of money they get paid.

I thought the whole PPV was really good until the Rumble. They wasted spots on Ellsworth and Enzo. Probably a few other spots too. Out of all the years I've watched RR, I don't remember ever seeing the title contender entering the Rumble match. I have no idea why they keep forcing him down our throats. I feel like they're hurting his character more so by doing this. But, at this point, it's not going to change, just like that Cena heel turn will never happen.

I was happy Roman lost but then I realized where getting Orton vs Cena for the title again :facepalm:

I left for a long time after the Chris Benoit thing, got more into the UFC.

As I said earlier, I want the WWE to survive because if it does, it's good for the industry as a whole. If it dies due to another Chris Benoit situation and a basic repeat of the Summer of Hell 2007, it'll be bad for the state of pro wrestling in America. As bad as the product is right now, the WWE needs to survive. WWE dies, so does ROH, PWG, Chikara, Lucha Underground, Evolve and every major promotion in the United States. Is it down? Yes, but it will survive. Will the product get better? Only time will tell. There is no WCW on the horizon to force the WWE to step up their game. Not sure what impact the death of the WWE would have on foreign promotions though.

The state of both the NFL and WWE are similar in certain ways.

Here is the thing. I don't think Roman would be a great heel, and he'd probably lose his value in the process. He is never going to be the guy who can win over fans through his work. He just isn't that good. And yet he seems to be a very nature ******* persona.

Now I could be wrong about that. Maybe Reigns will grow into something more then a 5 moves of doom kind of guy. But imagine him working over Seth as a heel. What is going to do?

I think if they made Reigns heel they would repackage him, he's a big guy but not enough so to be a monster, but if they had him come to the ring in expensive suits to cut his promos, wrestle in trunks and have him be a new Corporate Champion, I think that could work, and in the ring I'd just have him work a similar style to heel Batista.

HHH confuses me because I feel like he knows what he is doing, but his ego gets in the way a little too much. He justifies it as best for business, but I don't buy that anymore.

I said ages ago when people were lapping his nuts due to NXT, Triple H the booker of NXT and Triple H the wrestler on Raw are two different animals.

I got other pro wrestling options like New Japan, PWG, ROH and Lucha Underground. I'll watch TNA at times and it's been very good recently. My issue with New Japan, Lucha Underground, ROH and TNA is that none of those promotions are on networks as visible as USA Network. There are rumors of Lucha Underground headed to Netflix, but I don't know if it's going to be a replay of the prior two seasons, or the two seasons plus new episodes. If it's the latter, it could be a good thing for Lucha Underground and Netflix would be a major step up from El Rey due to the shows on Netflix being critically acclaimed like the Marvel Netflix shows, House of Cards, Stranger Things and OITNB.

There has been talk of New Japan opening up their own American promotion next year. We'll see how that works.

Didn't think of this until now:

- I wonder how Trump's Executive Orders are going to affect the WWE superstars who are either dual citizens or here on green cards without their citizenships?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"