"There's No Place Like Home" - Andrew Garfield Returns As Webbverse Spider-Man

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' started by Arachnerd, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I'll believe it when I see it

2. Verbal21 Registered

Same. Although I believe it's not a matter of IF, but WHEN?

3. GuestStar2004 Registered

I don't think its an IF, or WHEN. Its more a HOW?

#428 GuestStar2004, Dec 30, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  4. Verbal21 Registered

Hopefully, it's not HOW Sony has typically failed their audiences with the previous ones.

PBisawsem2B likes this.
  5. GuestStar2004 Registered

I think its fair to say it will be a mix of both. If Marvel and Sony want to keep working together that is.

6. venom892 Coming Home

I've always thought the Venomverse could fit into the Amazingverse. Have the Tom Hardy Venom face off against Andrew Garfield, while Tom Holland gets the symboite in the MCU. Have Andrew as the "antagonist" in the Kraven movie, where it's told from Kraven's perspective and is a loose adaptation of Kraven's Last Hunt.(Lizard can take Vermin's place in the story). 616 and Ultimate Spider-Man ran alongside each other for years. Audiences already accepted the concept of a multiverse with Spiderverse and No Way Home. Run with it.

7. Da-Scribe he/him

The multiverse is still broken and I do think there’s a reason we didn’t see any characters actually return to their realities. The reason being that some, if not all of them, didn’t.

I think it’s very possible that the Amazingverse and the Venomverse will collide. Venom 3 could be a team up between Hardy and Garfield. Maybe them dealing with some sorta symbiote outbreak. Whatever it is, the film could end with them at odds and set up the Sinister Six formation.

Pure speculation obviously but it really does feel right to me.

8. Mr. Peanut Registered

I like the idea of the characters from NWH getting sent to the wrong universes by mistake. Here's how I'd do it...

1. Start by introducing the idea in Multiverse of Madness, where Tobey's Peter bumps into Dr. Strange in a random universe that he was sent to by mistake. He would then tag along with Dr. Strange for awhile until they get Peter back to the Raimiverse, where Dr. Strange meets the Raimiverse Dr. Strange.

2. Continue the idea in a Spider-Gwen movie. Have Andrew's Peter end up in a universe that's similar but different to his own, where he finds out that his counterpart died and instead it was Gwen who was bitten by a spider and given spider powers.

3. Continue the idea again in a new Venom movie, where it's revealed that he was also sent to the Spider-Gwenverse. Have them fight and then team up against a villain. Or have Venom become a full on villain himself. Or a mix of both.

4. Finally, they could use this idea for the proposed Electro movie. Have Electro end up in a random universe where no one has superpowers. Spend the first part of the movie focusing on a powerless Max in a mundane normal world, then have him get his powers back somehow, at which point he has to live with being the only superpowered being on his planet. Make it a sort of Hancock-esque superhero action comedy.

9. PBisawsem2B Registered

10. Detective Conan Registered

Thanks for clearing that up. It’s been now deleted.

11. Detective Conan Registered

12. GuestStar2004 Registered

Andrew Garfield on Spider-Man: No Way Home, Bonding With Tom Holland - Variety

Scarlet Spider and SpeterMan3 like this.
  13. Chip Chipperson the big guy

Yeah this definitely won’t be the last time we see all 3 together, Marvel and Sony know how much money they’d be leaving on the table by doing that.

everything with the 3 of them was pure gold, and we ate it all up.

pr0xyt0xin likes this.
  14. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

This prospect makes me very happy. But I have my doubts.

I think we may see more of Garfield, but they'd really have to shell out to get Tobey in the suit again I think.

15. kguillou Registered

I'm so conflicted on seeing the three team up again. Like, on the one hand I feel like this should be it. That this team up in NWH should remain as a one time special thing that we can revisit again and again. I dont wanna ruin a special thing by milking it. But also, damn, the fanboy in me kinda wants to see them do this again one more time.

16. RaimiWebSpidey Registered

Andrew interview was great. Love how much he cares about the character.

SpeterMan3 and Scarlet Spider like this.
  17. flickchick85 Admin of Might

18. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Tobey was great because of his palpable reserved strength and compassion. A matured Raimi Peter who has come into his own.

And he was really good but... Gotta give it to my fave live action Spidey. Andrew showed he was done dirty with this movie highlighting how he really feels like the grown up Peter of classic 80's and 90's Marvel Comics. Would have really liked to see him go on to meeting Mary Jane, battle a new Venom, work at the Bugle, all that.

Alas... I don't think we will actually get any new juice out of him unless the MCU comes calling again. A nice send off to both these guys.

19. Detective Conan Registered

SpeterMan3 and Arachnerd like this.
  20. GuestStar2004 Registered

He could be talked into Venom. I doubt Andrew would be that restricted. Its all about concept and idea really.

#445 GuestStar2004, Jan 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  21. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Man, I'm gonna be so bummed if he doesn't come back to play the role again.

22. JannTosh Registered

looks like there was a deleted scene in ASM 2 where after Gwen dies, Peter beats up Goblin and almost stabs with his glider but decides not to do it. Seems like they reused that idea for NWH

PBisawsem2B likes this.
  23. Da-Scribe he/him

Same. It's like a perfect storm for it too. Andrew is open to it. Audiences are campaigning for it. And Sony needs a Spider-Man. Not to mention Andrew actually fits narratively in that universe.

You could not ask for a better scenario and I feel like Sony has to see that.

Arachnerd and Iceman like this.
  24. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Sony are going to do whatever they can get done IMO. This whole Spider-verse is massive to them. I'm sure they want all these things like we do and it's a case of whether they can get everyone relevant to sign.

PBisawsem2B likes this.
  25. JannTosh Registered

I think Andrew will return but I’m not convinced he will get his own movie