No Way Home "There's No Place Like Home" - Andrew Garfield Returns As Webbverse Spider-Man

1a4973dd7d8ae32ee14a953059e5b420.jpg

I've also noticed Emma spearheaded this new wave of Gwen we've seen. She went from being a love interest who was only known for her death, to a fully rendered character with her own agency. It's been really cool to see. I'd love to see Gwen again even though I doubt she's back.

I'm just glad Andrew is getting justice.

I’m honestly shocked it looks like they’re brining in characters from the Garfield movies. Those movies were so poorly received and Mocked. I thought they would forever just sweep them under the rug

I’m honestly shocked it looks like they’re brining in characters from the Garfield movies. Those movies were so poorly received and Mocked. I thought they would forever just sweep them under the rug
I think the main reason why they're including them is because Garfield got screwed and everyone knows it. This is their way of making amends with him and at least he can have a proper sendoff. It was for the best that TASM3 got scrapped but I still felt really bad for Garfield in the aftermath because of how passionate he was about the role.

Well really they were were not mocked. if we were to be fair, the issue was more that they both had a lukewarm response and nothing more than that. most of the described negativity is overdrawn. TASM most certainly wasn't poorly received. so if anyone is shocked that they brought andrew back. its probably more down to the fact that it wasn't as despised as some people would like to think. i have actually seen quite alot of support for his return when he was trending on twitter yesterday.

Do you know the Spider-man movie that does get mocked? Spider-man 3. thats the film that gets the most brought up and joked about still to this day when it comes to Mistakes.

Last edited:
I loved Andrew in the role. He's a very capable actor and I felt he brought strong performances as both Peter and Spider-Man. If only the ASM films had better writing and direction. And on top of that I felt bad for Andrew...he definitely got the short end of the stick by way of Sony and their idiotic production, etc. If it's indeed true that he's a part of this I truly hope he gets some kind of redemption for his Spider-Man. And who knows, maybe we'll see a continuation of his Spider-Man in some other form. Either way, if this plays out like I hope it does, then I'm extremely happy for Andrew and will be cheering him on.

As a big fan of Andrew in the role and both films I am excited for this movie. I hope they capture his agility and speed as well as they did in TASM movies, cause that is the best moving Spider-Man in liveaction.

Well really they were were not mocked. if we were to be fair, the issue was more that they both had a lukewarm response and nothing more than that. most of the described negativity is overdrawn. TASM most certainly wasn't poorly received.
The first wasn't poorly received at first, but both it and its sequel -to my disappointment- dropped in the views of many. Some people gave the first TASM movie high scores of 8/10 and higher, but their ratings gradually dropped.

I wished the ASM movies started with him already established as Spidey like the MCU movies did, always thought Andrew would be perfect as the slightly older in his prime Spidey. I think we'll finally get to see him like that in this movie.

I wished the ASM movies started with him already established as Spidey like the MCU movies did, always thought Andrew would be perfect as the slightly older in his prime Spidey. I think we'll finally get to see him like that in this movie.
I know that feeling man. Even @Web-Head and others -myself included- wish we got a college aged Spidey, maybe grad school Peter. But Marc Webb had his ideas, some of them were approved, a lot of them were changed, and his ideas required the origin.

While we’re on the subject, when Giacchino brings back one of the Garfield Spidey themes to herald Garfield’s reveal— which one should he bring back? The late James Horner’s for the first one or Zimmer’s from TASM2?

I’m partial to Horner’s theme myself. It had an emotional resonance that Zimmer’s didn’t.

I wasn't that fond of the Zimmer theme originally. but over time its kinda grown on me. i think it very much depends on the scene they are using the music for because Horners is alot more emotional while Zimmers is abit more exciting sounding.

While we’re on the subject, when Giacchino brings back one of the Garfield Spidey themes to herald Garfield’s reveal— which one should he bring back? The late James Horner’s for the first one or Zimmer’s from TASM2?

I’m partial to Horner’s theme myself. It had an emotional resonance that Zimmer’s didn’t.
Horner's score on TASM was really unique for superhero movies. I hope that's the theme they use.

He'll return to Electro's dubstep rendition of itsy bitsy spider.

Hans Zimmer has done so many superhero soundtracks they all blur together for me.

Keep forgetting that he scored Dark Phoenix, that's how forgettable that movie is.

Anyway, theories on what Andrew and Tobey's interaction from the leaked pics will be like?

Anyway, theories on what Andrew and Tobey's interaction from the leaked pics will be like?

I think it'll be pretty dramatic for the most part. Especially the leaked closeup of Garfield. Hopefully there'll be natural moments for levity, as long as it's not the Holland John Hughes type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"