THING/Michael Chiklis DISCUSSION

Before seeing the first film, I was expecting to see Grim to be much bigger then what they delivered.

Needs to be bigger,larger more intimidating and Real looking just like rock.

No rubber cheeto please -!

Ronnie Coleman, Jay Cuttler and Branch Warren are more intimidating then what I saw of Ben Grim from this film.

They cant make him bigger now that they have had him that size in the first movie. I just think they need to show him using greater feats of strength. The feats he performed in the first movie werent even on the level of Spiderman. They need to show him as being stronger.

Well in all fairness, Ben could only bench about 5 tons in his first year or so. But yeah... a strength increase would be good.

:thing: :thing: :thing:

Franklin Richards said:
Well in all fairness, Ben could only bench about 5 tons in his first year or so. But yeah... a strength increase would be good.

Yeah i knew that, but he should be stronger in the sequel.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
They cant make him bigger now that they have had him that size in the first movie.
What are you talking about the Thing has gotten bigger over the years.

Norm3 said:
What are you talking about the Thing has gotten bigger over the years.

This isnt the comic fella, general movie goes will notice and question a growth in size.

They could definitely make him bigger, and give some exposition from Reed to explain it......that wouldn't be too hard at all. Some exposition where Sue has to explain one more time in laymen's terms to Ben.....I see no problem with that at all and is a good connection to the last movie.

All they need to do is explain it. By having Reed try to cure the Thing & instead he gets bigger.

JMAfan said:
They could definitely make him bigger, and give some exposition from Reed to explain it......that wouldn't be too hard at all. Some exposition where Sue has to explain one more time in laymen's terms to Ben.....I see no problem with that at all and is a good connection to the last movie.

Well yeah, in the first movie they had a line about their powers evolving, but they would have to go into a bit more detail about that in a sequel for general audience members.

Norm3 said:
All they need to do is explain it. By having Reed try to cure the Thing & instead he gets bigger.

Ben made it pretty clear at the end of FF he didnt want to be cured anymore (which is of course ANOTHER mistake from movie 1)

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Ben made it pretty clear at the end of FF he didnt want to be cured anymore (which is of course ANOTHER mistake from movie 1)

Johnny also said he would marry the nurse, does that mean he has to now?

I agree it was a mistake to put the line in there, but that simple line doesn't tie their hands in any way.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:

So when we say something we have to stand by that the rest of our lives...????? oh god we are ALL IN TROUBLE.....:o

JMAfan said:
So when we say something we have to stand by that the rest of our lives...????? oh god we are ALL IN TROUBLE.....:o

lol.gif
Somewhere Pete Townshend is saying to himself: "Hope I die before I get old?!?! What was I thinking? . . . damn this is good prune juice!"

AVEITWITHJAMON said:

I don't think that was really a mistake... more like a compression of time from the comics. Sure... back in the day... Ben was constantly harping on Reed about changing him back, but at some point it stopped.

He still regards Reed as his best friend... so saying not to cure him could really be seen as Ben backing the pressure off of Reed. At the end of the movie, he's realized that Doom misled him and that Reed continued to work on a cure, and due to guilt, will probably continue trying to cure him.

If Ben is relegated to just complaining about his condition... he'll be the worst whiner to ever hit the screen... no matter how much his complaint is justified.

I'm going to have to go into hiding....because there is no way in hell I'm going to live up to EVERYTHING I've ever said.....I'm in trouble....

JMAfan said:
I'm going to have to go into hiding....because there is no way in hell I'm going to live up to EVERYTHING I've ever said.....I'm in trouble....

Thats hilarious!!!!!!!! Oh no its not sorry.

its not my fault they made loads of mistakes in the first movie.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:

What JMA said was right though,you can;t hold someone to something they say when it comes to deep emotions

ummmm what's a "fluman"? Sounds like you're saying Ben is a flu bug.

:D

AVEITWITHJAMON said:

Thats good because I wasn't trying to be funny, I was being realistic. My post had nothing to do with the mistakes in the movie.

Actually whats hilarious is that you thought I was trying to be funny.:)

AVEITWITHJAMON said:

That's not a mistake. Ben has told Reed to lay off several times. It's all wrapped up in his mental block about Alicia. Maybe the director and screenwriter didn't communicate it well enough to you, but the fact that Ben doesn't want to be cured anymore is not a mistake.

Plus what Joe Rockhead said.

If they can make the CGI as convincing as it was in PotC, then I'm all for it.

I want to see the Thing have his brow like the way Jack Kirby used to have him. Also I want the Thing to be like from the Fantastic Four 90s cartoon series(the second season). The Thing had presence there. Look at the way that cartoon comes on and they show a closeup of the Things face as he throws his fist back to get ready to throw a punch. That closeup of the Thing's face is a good likeliness. You want to feel like he is a powerhouse.

Watching Superman Returns and Hulk as well as the Spidey movies, The thing really needs to up his game in terms of strength feats. Now i know he is not as strong as Hulk or Supes, but surely he should able to embarrass Spidey in terms of strength. So far it is the opposite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"