Things you collected when you were younger

CJ

Sidekick
Reaction score
Just wondering what kind of stuff you guys collected in your youth? Here's Mine..

Disney Adventures Magazine

I think I have about 20 issues of this.

Pogs
I would play Pogs with my friends a lot. I had a Wakko slammer, and I won a cool Buzzsaw-shaped slammer from a friend. I had various other Pogs too.

Rugrats VHS tapes
I collected these for a few years: Angelica the Divine, Chuckie the Brave, Diapered Duo, Phil and Lil Double Trouble, Bedtime Bash, Grandpa's Favorite Stories, Tales from the Crib, A Rugrats Thanksgiving, Mommy Mania, The Rugrats Movie, Runaway Reptar, Discover America, I Think I Like You, Make Room for Dil.

Pokemon Stuff

I didn't really play the card-game with anyone (I was home-schooled when I became a preteen, so I didn't really have much friends at that point.) but I liked the artwork on the cards so I collected them. I collected the Trading Card Game, Cards of the Anime Series, and Action Flipz cards. I also got a Gold Poliwhirl from a Burger King Promotion, that came in a shiny Pokeball, three VHS tapes, plus the movie, and some toys.

Electronic Gaming Monthly
Have a lot of these. I started at Issue 100. (I'm missing a few here and there, but I have pretty much every issue from the 100th issue in 1997 up until the Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow issue in 2004)

Nickelodeon Magazine
I think I have about 15 Issues of this. Most of them are in good shape, but a few are heavily worn and missing the covers.

Sonic the Hedgehog comic-books
(Issues 5-50 + specials)
Being a huge fan of Sonic, I collected these for years. Constantly renewed my subscription and got most of the specials and mini-series. Up until issue 50.

For months I was irritated by all the furry drama, annoying original characters like a french skunk named Geoffrey St. John (Ugh he was the worst) and Princess Sally hogging the spotlight, (Seriously, they should've just called the comic "The Adventures of Princess Sally: Featuring Sonic the Hedgehog!" Also, she was a royal -blank-) then there was Robotnik's ridiculous origin, portraying him as a servant to a squirrel King, who would later go on to overthrow his kingdom. Ughhh. Issue 50 was a good jumping-off point, since it featured Robotnik's demise and so I quit the franchise.

Sonic Adventure came out a year later and made me a fan again with revamped character models, (Classic Sonic is cool, but I love Sonic's modern redesign) an Earth setting, (Finally, Sonic could travel somewhere that wasn't limited to Knothole or Robotropolis) a better Sonic/Tails dynamic, (Tails actually accompanied Sonic on his adventures now!) no love triangles and a more likable love interest for Sonic (Amy Rose) and it didn't feel like a soap opera either.

Last edited:
I collected comic books of various titles from DC & Marvel, which I still own by the way. Some of the other things I collected were action figures, Hot Wheels & Matchbox cars, bubble gum cards (Mostly from movies, like Star Wars, etc. Never much into baseball cards, because football was and still is my sport, so I had a few of them as well.....nothing of any value, unfortunately.)

Pogs, definetly.. haha! Pokemon cards, state quarters,

and my complete Ultimate Spider-Man series. ^.^

Baseball cards, football cards, and comic cards.

Every time someone mentions collecting something, my mind always goes to Pogs.

Those were the good days.

Godzilla movies

X-Men comics

all kinds of action figures (Star Wars, Batman, Masters of the Universe, Godzilla)

Farthing Wood Magazine (About the first 20 issues)
Glass Pebbles (I don't know why, I just really loved them when I was little)
Trolls (Had about 15 of them)
Puppy in my Pocket (Including the Dream House and the Puppyville Hotel)
Beanie Babies (Had a lot of these. My Uncle used to bring me back loads when he visited. Gave them all to my friend a year ago cause she displays hers in a cabinet while mine where just hiding in a bag)
Pokemon cards (Never did get anything to be particularly proud off :funny:, but I had a go)
SFX Magazine (Probably around 50 issues, with a few missing here and there. Stopped buying it a few years back regularly... it got too expensive :()
Smallville, Buffy and Angel Magazines (Actually sold the first issue of Smallville Magazine for £30... was pretty chuffed with that!)

Last edited:
G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero toys and comics
Star Wars toys
Nintendo Power

I have a good collection of Hockey cards starting from the late 70's to the early 90's with my crowning card being a Wayne Gretzky rookie card. I also have a few baseball, football, and basketball cards. I also have a bunch of comics, mostly marvel and mostly Spider-Man.

I collected pins, mostly from different countries. Some of them are from Canada Games, while others are for sports.

I had a decent collection of coins but someone stole those. Nothing was worth that much but it still irritates me that someone would have stolen a kids coin collection.

I also have a nice size collection of Disney World Park memorabilia, from our visits to Walt Disney World that we keep in a glass china cabinet.

In rough order, from as far back as I can recall:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles stuff
Power Rangers stuff
Jurassic Park/The Lost World toys
Godzilla movies
Godzilla toys
Pokemon VHS tapes/1st 2 movies
Pokemon figures and TCG

G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero toys
Baseball cards
Comics
Video games

Tons of action figures, mostly Star Wars, comics and HEROCLIX. :up:

Pogs, comics, Pokemon cards and WWF Magazine.

I still have my comics and Pokemon cards.

And I keep all my game consoles. I have every console since NES. Don't know if that counts.

user_22817_H2K6SH7R.gif

- Marbles (I... don't even remember why. You throw polished stones at other polished stones. Yay. Might as well have been rocks.)
- Dinosaur toys.
- Pogs (I had that one slammer that was like 3 inches thick, and would dent the crap out of every pog flipped. Pyrrhic victory, SOBs!).
- Pokemon cards.
- Hockey cards.

I collected pennies when I found them heads up thinking they would actually bring good luck but I was very wrong.:(

Baseball cards
Football cards
Basketball cards
Pogs
Godzilla videos
Comic books
Beanie Babies

- Terminator action figures.
- McDonald's Happy Meal toys. Come on, a toy and a meal? A kid's day couldn't get happier.
- Pokemon cards. They were at the height of my elementary school's gaming fads until I started collecting...
- Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I stuck with Yu-Gi-Oh longer than Pokemon.
- Coins. I used to scour middle school in search of old coins. I picked up every coin on the ground that I saw. The campus was old, so I figured there had to be some old currency buried in the dirt or scattered around elsewhere.
- And of course... rocks. Middle school was boring overall in terms of personal collection.

Wow I'm so out of the loop, this is the first I've ever heard of pogs.

- Terminator action figures.
- McDonald's Happy Meal toys. Come on, a toy and a meal? A kid's day couldn't get happier.
- Pokemon cards. They were at the height of my elementary school's gaming fads until I started collecting...
- Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I stuck with Yu-Gi-Oh longer than Pokemon.
- Coins. I used to scour middle school in search of old coins. I picked up every coin on the ground that I saw. The campus was old, so I figured there had to be some old currency buried in the dirt or scattered around elsewhere.
- And of course... rocks. Middle school was boring overall in terms of personal collection.
I had more of those then I had actual store bought toys lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"