Sequels Things you want to see in an X-men First Class sequel

A darker Charles would be really interesting.....

but I think they will start to show the evolution of Charles getting closer sequel after sequel to the Charles of the first trilogy.

What I think it would be a hard subplot is the development of Raven and how she gets worse and worse during the next sequels.

I still cant believe the same Raven of First Class is the same as X1, X2 and X3.

The writers and director should do a really good job making it believeable.

I hope the sequel jumps to 1970 and in the beginning of the movie we see various news reports from all over the world, about the uprising/exposing of mutants, so that way the general audience will know mutants are known to the public

I def think having a mutant awareness is needed to set the mood. First Class really did a good job at setting the mood and theme.

^Definitely

Especially what happened on Cuba, that's gotta be a news headliner!

The Civil Rights movement
Kennedy Assassination (but not by Magneto, Malcolm X or MLKJr would work too)
Storm (or really, any black character that's not villainized or killed)
Shadow King as the machinating villain, with the Brotherhood as a constant threat, also ties in well with Storm
More of the kids' relationships

I think "Second Class" dealing with citizens being treated as second class citizens makes a lot of thematic sense, and the Civil Rights movement is where that was happening at the time First Class was set.

Whatever direction they take with a sequel, it needs to be in continuity with the movies that have come before it. All of them.

As for what I'd like to see creatively:

I'd like to see the Friends of Humanity as the villain. Led by Graydon Creed, and he'd use the group to catapult himself into the political scene. His group would act as a KKK of sorts, and commit acts of terror against known mutants, as the mutant population is now beginning to become known about.

Graydon Creed, once in political office, would use his power and influence to have a young William Stryker lead an assault on mutants. This would be a version of Mutant Massacre. Gambit would be recruited by Stryker to lead the attack, not knowing the truth behind it. Once he finds out, he'd try to fight back and rescue the mutants. At the end, however, Gambit would be captured by Stryker. Thus, this would tie into Gambit's arc in X-Men Origins: Wolverine of being an escaped prisoner of Stryker's.

If there were to be a 3rd film, this would all lead to a development of a Sentinel project. To keep the Sentinels rather grounded, and not have a movie with a bunch of flying robots all over the place, the movie would just mainly cover the development of a Sentinel project. But the final climax would take place in a Sentinel factory, and the X-Men would face off against a Sentinel robot that was activated to fight them off.

I like the idea of Friends of humanity.

In fact, I thought about them a long time ago for a x-men sequel.

On other side, I need more character development this time, specially for the x-members and Emma.

I want the x-men talking about their lifes a little bit, their families, something personal... I want to see them becoming real friends, not just team mates.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a better interpretation of Juggernaut. have him be the main villain, make it more comic accurate, and in an act of desperation, have Charles wipe his memory completely in an attempt to stop him (which could act as a prelude to the "darker" professor X we got a peek at in X3). he's already been incarcerated in X3, with little to no back story, so it could work rather nicely i feel.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a better interpretation of Juggernaut. have him be the main villain, make it more comic accurate, and in an act of desperation, have Charles wipe his memory completely in an attempt to stop him (which could act as a prelude to the "darker" professor X we got a peek at in X3). he's already been incarcerated in X3, with little to no back story, so it could work rather nicely i feel.

Another way to confuse the continuity :doh:

I didn't mind Emma Frost being in XFC because they didn't mention her name in the movie but Juggernaut?! I say no.

I like the idea of Friends of humanity.

In fact, I thought about them a long time ago for a x-men sequel.

On other side, I need more character development this time, specially for the x-members and Emma.

I want the x-men talking about their lifes a little bit, their families, something personal... I want to see them becoming real friends, not just team mates.

Friends of Humanity could be interesting considering the time period and social climate of the times. Maybe a take on the Purifiers?

Another way to confuse the continuity :doh:

I didn't mind Emma Frost being in XFC because they didn't mention her name in the movie but Juggernaut?! I say no.
I don't see how it would confuse continuity, did you miss the whole mind wipe idea i threw in there at the end? they've always made a bid deal about getting Juggs helmet off so professor X can take him down mentally, say he went too far. and its not like he was given any sort of back story in x 3. you practically have a clean slate with him.

I would like to see Sabertooth (from Wolverine) take the "cure" that Mystic decided not to take. I'm sure she would have taken it with her when she packed up her things at the mansion. Since they know that the cure isn't really a cure, it only enhances their mutation, then it would make the Wolverine Sabertooth look like the X-Men Sabertooth.

I don't see how it would confuse continuity, did you miss the whole mind wipe idea i threw in there at the end? they've always made a bid deal about getting Juggs helmet off so professor X can take him down mentally, say he went too far. and its not like he was given any sort of back story in x 3. you practically have a clean slate with him.

Magneto worked with Juggernaut and Magneto didn't know who Juggernaut was when he recruited him and Magneto is totally gonna be in the sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"