The Amazing Spider-Man Things You Want To See In The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Introduction of Norman and Harry Osborn, J.Jonah Jameson, Eddie Brock. Maybe mysterio as the villain. Or shocker. Always liked shocker in the games.

I thought about what makes some superior movies (the Dark Knight, Fight Club, Inception, etc..) really superior, and think those rules should be applied to a Spider-Man movie to make it Amazing

1. GREAT storytelling with magnificent characterization, with the least possible amount of plot holes and contradicting characterization. Amazing Spider-Man has Connors at one point accepting the Lizard and obeying, even as he has his own mind, then he disapproves everything after the Lizard is completely cured just like that

2. Something philosophical or other sorts of thought provoking material, it should fit the theme and story of the movie, be there, has a real strong presence and be of high importance, it needs to keep the viewer attached to the seat with all senses aimed at the movie.
And if someone said "blatant Batman rip-off" say "Batman & Robin vs Fight Club, they came out the same decade, one was extra large *****ey material while the other preceded TDK by almost a decade in being a great cinematic piece and good thinking juice"
Spectacular Spider-Man animated actually provided that in a way, don't see why a movie shouldn't

3. Peter Parker being easy to relate to does not mean he needs to be Ditko material, older viewers (especially fans of the source material) need to keep that in mind, and see if it's a good material to present to the youth without focusing too much on the violence or how they are over this stuff. Peter is meant to have people relate to, so a modernized version (skateboarding for fun for instance) should not be a problem

4. Villain must have no split personality, and having a connection to Peter is not important
The Joker has absolutely nothing to do with Bruce Wayne in TDK, yet it made the best comic book film with the best villain, and something really magnificent

5. Flashback(s) if necessary needs to be well placed and important to the story. I don't want to see something about Peter's childhood crush (for instance) who has no role in the story and is not made to set up for the sequel

There are probably more points to think about, but that's what I have now

Problem is, a lot of Spidey's villains DO have a connection to Peter. Norman definitely does, especially in Webb's Spider-Man universe. But somebody like Electro (if he's in the sequel) definitely shouldn't. Have somebody be evil for the sake of being evil. Have somebody be a villain because they hate Spider-Man. There doesn't have to be a deep backstory that ties every villain to Peter/Peter's parents.

Problem is, a lot of Spidey's villains DO have a connection to Peter. Norman definitely does, especially in Webb's Spider-Man universe. But somebody like Electro (if he's in the sequel) definitely shouldn't. Have somebody be evil for the sake of being evil. Have somebody be a villain because they hate Spider-Man. There doesn't have to be a deep backstory that ties every villain to Peter/Peter's parents.
I guess it depends on what you call a connection. I count it really only by their main stories... Norman, lizard, venom all easily do the most.... They are all direct relations. Scorpion, carnage, and hobgoblin are probably next closest... All connected between other people rather than peter himself... Chameleon is a mixed bag, and i do not count kingpin, ock, and vulture as personal connections... They just all indirectly killed a person close to peter (well kingpin knew who he was at the time... But so didnt everyone else)

Of course, if it was Electro in the credits scene then he probably does know who Peter is, or at least know the "untold story."
I actually hope they just gloss over Electro's origin and just have him be someone with electric powers. Instead of having him be Peter's former friend or mentor, use the movie to develop why he hates Spider-Man and why he's using his powers for evil. They could use him to help enforce the Great Responsibilty, and have abusing his powers be his downfall.

Problem is, a lot of Spidey's villains DO have a connection to Peter. Norman definitely does, especially in Webb's Spider-Man universe.
Norman, Harry, Lizard (not as Lizard, but because of Connors), to some degree Venom pre-omd (not really a villain), the symbiote, some of the mystic villains created by JMS, [/blackout]Gabriel Osborn (sorry for those who don't like that story, I'll black this out for that purpose),[/blackout] Jackal, Spidercide (forgettable), burglar, Rose III (Jacob Connover, wrote the Kid who collect's Spider-Man article, Dezago or Defalco fired him from the Bugle), Puma (was a villain), Bart Hamilton (indirectly)
Well, not really many, Spider-Man has a real expansive rogues gallery and these are easily less than 25%, some of them are dead and gone for good

If you think Ultimate Spider-Man, that pitted almost every villain against Peter Parker, that is one thing I don't want fully influencing this movie series, not the series strongly inspired by Ultimate Spider-Man comics
Inception has to be one of the most overrated movies ever.
It is overrated by the ones who say "Nolan can do no wrong".
I think the movie is great, but not without flaws

Inception is ****ing awesome if you ask me. But as Aziz said, it's annoying when people say Nolan can do no wrong. He's one of my absolute favourite directors but he's not completely flawless.

[YT]W9w-jI_y0ME[/YT]

I don´t want to see Emma Stone die in a film :(, is still a rumor but i don´t want to

Last edited:
well, thanks i fixed it too, what do you think? so if the rumor is correct, is the green goblin a second villan or the main villan?

Is that you in the video? Felt like such a random video to post here since it doesn't bring anything new to the table :p

One can only guess of course but I think there's a possibility of Green Goblin appearing in the end of ASM2, killing Gwen and then ASM3 will be about Peter/Spidey vs Norman/Gobby and Peter's mourning of Gwen and hints of Peter and MJ getting together in the future (though I don't want them to become a couple in ASM3 but the audience should really feel like that will happen to them in the future).

Actually, that would IMO be the perfect way to handle this trilogy since they didn't show Norman in ASM. By having Green Goblin only appear at the end of ASM2, kill Gwen and then have him as the main villain in ASM3, you first of all have time to establish Norman as a character throughout ASM2 AND have time to establish the relationship between Peter and MJ as well as Peter's sorrow for Gwen's death in the whole ASM3.

Is that you in the video? Felt like such a random video to post here since it doesn't bring anything new to the table :p

One can only guess of course but I think there's a possibility of Green Goblin appearing in the end of ASM2, killing Gwen and then ASM3 will be about Peter/Spidey vs Norman/Gobby and Peter's mourning of Gwen and hints of Peter and MJ getting together in the future (though I don't want them to become a couple in ASM3 but the audience should really feel like that will happen to them in the future).

Actually, that would IMO be the perfect way to handle this trilogy since they didn't show Norman in ASM. By having Green Goblin only appear at the end of ASM2, kill Gwen and then have him as the main villain in ASM3, you first of all have time to establish Norman as a character throughout ASM2 AND have time to establish the relationship between Peter and MJ as well as Peter's sorrow for Gwen's death in the whole ASM3.
No, is not me
and random? is about a rumor that MJ is going to be lead role in TASM3 , so it does bring the question, is Gwen going to die in the sequel
i like your idea about only stablish Norman, but not the goblin, like he makes a sudden recovery and at the same time this green goblin appears, and as after the end credits they can reveal man in the shadows WAS Norman Osborn

No, is not me
and random? is about a rumor that MJ is going to be lead role in TASM3 , so it does bring the question, is Gwen going to die in the sequel
i like your idea about only stablish Norman, but not the goblin, like he makes a sudden recovery and at the same time this green goblin appears, and as after the end credits they can reveal man in the shadows WAS Norman Osborn

Yeah but I thought you'd mention the article that wrote that :p anyways.

I forgot to say that it was Spider-Who?'s idea to have Green Goblin kill her in the final scene.

It's SevenWebHeads, i do believe he posts here under that moniker too

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"