• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man Things You Want To See In The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Marc Webb might not come back...the date of AMS 2 conflicts with an obligation Webb has with Fox(he owes them a movie)

That doesn't sound good for the sequel..

I don't have a good feeling for it anymore..

If they wanna be like the comics, have Aunt May nag him about it, but have her face constantly hidden from the viewers. It would be a good ending, but no love triangle plot.

Aunt May - 'she has a wonderful personality'

Peter - *shudder*

Christopher Nolan came back for The Dark Knight and look how that turned out.

Sam Raimi came back for Spider-Man 2 and look how that turned out.

@ stillanerd

I actually buy Mysterio knowing about Peter's identity, Peter breaking into the blue room could have been filmed. I buy Mysterio using that information to track down Pete's address and hack into police files to gain details on uncle Ben's killer. However, I don't buy Mysterio tracking down uncle Ben's killer based on a star tattoo, that's just too far fetched.

I want to see Marc Webb's name under "Directed By" on posters and screen credit, but news is he may not be back. Which would SUCK BALLS! :cmad:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...-351195?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

EDIT: Woops, seems like this has been discussed already. I'm just hearing the potential tragic news for the first time, however. Worried they'll bring in a 2nd rate hack to replace Webb if he's unavailable. I'm praying to the cinematic Gods that Webb will be back.

Last edited:
Christopher Nolan came back for The Dark Knight and look how that turned out.

Sam Raimi came back for Spider-Man 2 and look how that turned out.

My point is sometimes a returning director isn't a good thing, although I really hope he comes back.

Last edited:
Just curious. Why all the love for Marc Webb from all you Spidey fans? Was what he did with the character really THAT incredible that you demand he return for the sequel? Not insulting him just curious. Didn't know he was so highly in demand/respected yet afte ronly two features.

Not just the character of Spidey, but the character of everyone. He got them down perfectly.

Just curious. Why all the love for Marc Webb from all you Spidey fans? Was what he did with the character really THAT incredible that you demand he return for the sequel? Not insulting him just curious. Didn't know he was so highly in demand/respected yet afte ronly two features.

something that almost everyone liked of the film is the relationship between Peter and Gwen and if thet choose other director he could have a better or worse believable relations between characters

Last edited:
Yea, I'm worried that the relationship and the attitudes/personalities of the characters won't be up to how they were in TASM.

If Spidey does join the Avengers eventually he should have a villain that can pass between both franchises. I think Electro would be the only one who could do this especially in a plot to become a god on Earth by getting ahold of Thor's lightning.

Ideas...
2- Electro & Chameleon:
-Oscorp is struggling because of bad press from that whole Lizard thing and is basically close to being shut down. The spider's bad for business.
-Norman found Connors' work, adapted it and it's keeping him alive. There are hints that he is responsible for Peter's parents' deaths and he knows that Peter is Spider-Man.
-Chameleon is somewhat minor, maybe not even directly confronting Spider-Man too much but messing with things behind the scenes for Norman, confusing Spidey, was man in shadows.
-Max Dillon is a prisoner (same place as Connors?) who'll basically do anything to get out; Norman (through other people, maybe Chameleon), who has massive connections, offers him his freedom for his temporary services to take down Spider-Man and get himout of the way. Oscorp gives him his power, which he grows to love and hate (more power, but still confined) and he ends up doing his own thing, all crazy and whatnot. Blackout. Good stuff. He eventually gets too power mad and basically self-destructs. Not like a literal implosion or anything. Although... hmm. lol
-Peter and Gwen are in college, aren't totally "together" at first but eventually are. They meet Harry in college, who may have gotten there a little more on his name than anything and is pretty obviously a generally troubled man, though not too extreme. Peter and Harry transition into being friends.
-MJ comes along, somewhat minor character, met through Aunt May.
-Peter has an encounter with Ben's killer and decides to simply turn him in, though he's not exactly happy about it.
-Peter also is regularly doing freelance for the Bugle.

Anything past that... I doubt you even read that :p...
3- Green Goblin:
-Norman, behind the scenes, is actually getting stronger and decides to take matters into his own hands. He takes a final dosage of the reformulated serum to make him strong, agile, etc. He also has his technology and all that. Gotta have that.
-Peter and Gwen are really serious now, fully past their flirty fun stage, but still with that same kind of chemistry.
-Peter and Harry have become really good friends, but Harry obviously has issues at home. Peter meets Norman a few times, and later on realizes not only that he's the Goblin, but he's responsible for his parents' deaths.
-MJ also becomes a pretty good friend, but she and Peter are too different for Peter to really feel any sort of real feelings for her (she's a rather hard partier.. is that a word?)
-At the Bugle, Eddie Brock loves his job, loves getting out whatever he can to the people for their benefit. But yet, he's a jerk about it and craves the attention. His father had worked at Oscorp with Peter's father, and feels a sort of bond to Peter but also resents him imposing on his job. Peter sees him more as a creep.
-Bridge. Gwen. Depressing. We all cry. Goblin beaten down, impaled. Doesn't say "Don't tell Harry."
-MJ tries to comfort Peter, but he rejects it, wondering how she could possibly have any idea what he's going through, etc.
-Movie ends pretty depressingly, mostly because it's not the last one.

4- Symbiote & Mysterio:
-Some time has passed, things have died down in Peter's regular life and superhero life. He decides to try to get his mind off of some things by getting more into science again. In doing so, he ends up researching his father's work even more. He sees that his dad and Eddie Brock Sr. had been working on a cure for cancer. Intrigued, he wants to dig deeper.
-Gwen's death has left him scarred, and he takes a break from his duties as Spider-Man, thinking that it would be for the best for everyone involved. And in his thinking of the greater good, he can't help but think that a cure for cancer would be the greatest good he could do.
-Peter sneaks into the now shut down Oscorp to look for as much of his father's work as he can find. He finds his father's planned work, and even a test sample of the cancer cure. He brings it all home (he lives on his own now) to study, then thinks back to the last time he got too involved this way. He pushes it all away, under the bed or in the closet or somewhere like that.
-Quentin Beck, a somewhat crazy special effects artist, has just been fired for his overly dangerous live stunts he's planned. He's also always wanted to direct. He chooses to embark on his own project, starring the one and only Spider-Man. He challenges Spider-Man to a test of skills, throwing whatever he can think of at him (a lot like the Spider-Man 2 video game, lol). Peter, looking for a way to escape his troubles, decides to go along with it.
-Eddie Brock writes a story on this, criticizing Spider-Man for his abandonment of his regular public service and showing up for such a meaningless exhibition. Peter, who's grown to genuinely dislike Eddie at this point, is infuriated, but mostly at himself for being so selfish again after all that's happened.
-Harry and MJ are worried about him, but, afraid to let people get too close, he keeps pushing them away more and more. This exclusion actually pushes the two of them closer to each other, and start dating casually.
-Peter's isolated himself, and though it's what he wants, he's incredibly miserable, alone with just his thoughts.
-Meanwhile, Beck has created an elaborate, over-the-top outfit for himself, so he'll be taken more (less?) seriously. He projects a terrorizing scene onto the city, luring Spider-Man back to him to play his game. Peter, realizing that no one's really in danger and it's all a hologram and then having to struggle to escape, is incredibly annoyed.
-Back at home, Peter brings all of his father's things together to throw them away. The sample is in an unopened high-tech container, so he doesn't even know what it really looks like. Putting everything into the trash, he sees some black gunk on his finger, which he them rubs off on the trash can/ dumpster and walks away. He goes home to take a nap. When he wakes up, his father's stuff is back in his room. Confused, he scratches his head. Some black goop comes from under his fingernail, onto his head, and suddenly the rest, from the container rushes out and onto him. This is painful. He feels like he's being read. He tries to rip it off, and in his struggle he falls out of his large window. He's not wearing webshooters, but out of instict, he shoots a web at the side of the building and it works. It's a black web. He's wearing a black suit (classic black suit?). He feels stronger. He feels carefree, as if his cares have gone into remission. Somehow he finds out all the cool stuff the suit can do and just decides not to question it.
-Myseterio, tired of losing his littel challenges, calls out Spider-Man for one last game. Peter goes, confident, ready to just shut him up. But as he zips through the city he sees the Green Goblin smiling at him on a rooftop, holding Gwen. He rushes over there and as soon as he does, they're gone. He looks around for them, turning the corner only to see a giant lizard. In awe of the sight, He freezes. Electro appears behind him. Peter closes his eyes. When he reopens them, he sees Gwen again. He rushes to her and she doesn't disappear. But then he hears another voice behind him, the voice of Captain Stacy saying "You promised, Peter." And with that, Gwen fades away. Peter can only breathe, cry, and try to think. He kneels, in pain from his tears. But then he hears another voice. "Peter. This is not the man I raised you to be. Son, you have great power. And with great power, there must also come gr-" *BOOM*, a gunshot. He's gone. Peter yells into the night. Then a distant, yet close voice fills his mind. "Enjoying the show, Spider-Man?"
-Peter eventually takes down Mysterio, leaving him broken, clinging for his life. Peter stops only when he sees how far he's gone, almost killing the man with his own hands.
-It's then that he starts to truly realize something's going on with him. After webbing up Mysterio for the police, Peter goes back home to think. He can't think in there. He goes back out, final swing in the black suit, as he comtemplates.
For my own gratification, I'll probably finish this later.

hmmm one interesting thing i didn't think of till now... but to the general audience... wouldn't putting Chameleon in a film right after Lizard be a little awkward? they're obviously completely different characters and share nothing alike... but there names are very much reptiles...

Interesting...but I doubt the audience would give much thought for that.

Interesting...but I doubt the audience would give much thought for that.

actually... id assume the general audience would think much about that.. compared to us fans who obviously know there different

Exactly!
A new director may do a better job than Marc could

Maybe instead of Chameleon just looking like people, he could acually transform into other forms and gain new powers. It would make for a much more intersting fight. Like he could transform into the Lizard to catch Peter off guard, and law the smackdown. You could also work in other villian cameos who aren't likely to be seen on the big screen, like he transforms into a crazy red mmonster,Carnage, or have been done before, like Doc Ock.

I'd actually like to see Spot completely redone as a character. I always thought his power was very fascinating. But if they're sticking to this whole cross species stuff, probably Green Goblin, Rhino, or Scorpion will be the villain.

Maybe introduce Jackal and Ben Reilly, but Ben Reilly alone. He was the only good thing that came out of the clone saga.

I have a feeling this series will revolve around technology and genetics.

I actually did think about if TASM2 has Chameleon as the main villain, how it would be funny that if TASM3 focuses on the Green Goblin, all of the villains would essentially be lizards or an anthropomorphic figure that reminds you of a lizard.

For me, because Marc's shown potential in what he can do with Spider-Man. ASM wasn't perfect, but I feel like he should be able to carry out a great sequel. I really wouldn't mind if he doesn't direct it, but that's only if Sony has a good director to fall back on.

because i thought he made raimi's films look like a bag of trash... While this movie might not of been the pazaz of spidey 2... it had more heart and depth than the entire raimi trilogy... all in one movie.

Because he's a character driven director that really has the skills to bring out real emotions and life like characters. He's better at that than most directors so far if you ask me. (500) Days of Summer and Amazing Spider-Man showed me that.

What he would need to improve on a little is to direct the action a little better. Some action shots were great, but others were not as impressive to me. However, to me, I enjoy watching a movie with a great handle on characters with a little worse action than having a film with great action but empty, unlikeable characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"