Third installments that kicked ass!

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
Lately many people have been talking about the so-called Trilogy curse. But...lets face it, man. It is true that some third films haven't lived up like Terminator 3, Back to the Future III, etc.

HOWEVER, there are some third installments that have kicked ass! Just from the top of my head:

Goldfinger - The third and best James Bond movie.
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - The third and best Dollar film.
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - AWESOME movie
LOTR: Return of the King - Best LOTR film
Star Wars: Episode III - crappy movie but definitly the best of the three prequels
Die Hard with a Vengence - Better than Die Hard 2
Rocky III - How can you not love this movie?!

Don't forget that Return Of The Jedi was intended to be the third Star Wars movie and that wasn't bad.

I thought Back to the Future III was awesome, I thougt they all were!
The third Harry Potter was great.
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome was also awesome.
Mission Impossible III was better than II and defiantely didn't suck.
Christmas Vacation was also good! :D

MI3 was actually really good IMO
Matrix Revolutions was also good, teh action scenes were amazing
Die Hard 3 almost tied with Die Hard for me.

Don't forget that Return Of The Jedi was intended to be the third Star Wars movie and that wasn't bad.

Jedi is good but its kinda disappointing considering it didn't live up to expectations!

does Harry Potter POA count?

Sure.

Same here! I love those films but you can't deny each film was inferior.

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome was also awesome.

Agreed. I love that movie! But many don't feel that way.

Christmas Vacation was also good! :D

Oh yeah! Thats right. Its actually the best of those movies.

Star Trek III gets a bad rep

Cause it sucks! :cmad:

Goldfinger - The third and best James Bond movie.
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - The third and best Dollar film.
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - AWESOME movie
LOTR: Return of the King - Best LOTR film
Star Wars: Episode III - crappy movie but definitly the best of the three prequels
Die Hard with a Vengence - Better than Die Hard 2
Star Trek III gets a bad rep sometimes, but it's miles better than the last 2 films, Generations and Star Trek V.
Agreed with those.

Mad Max 3 sucks after the first 30 minutes.

does Harry Potter POA count?

of course, and that is my favorite movie so far

Yeah I also though would definatley say actually that Return of the King is the worst LOTR movie, but it still is better than like 95 percent of movies, but com'on Two Towers is so grand, easily the most watchable, and entertaining of the LOTR movies

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Return of the King
Star Wars: Episode III
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Star Wars: Episode III wasn't crappy. Die Hard with a Vengence was not better than Die Hard 2.

:cmad: :cmad: :cmad:
Mad Max 3 is awesome! People just hate it for stupid reasons. Believe it or not, but the kids have a purpose in the movie.
Yeah, like what? MM3 was just like X3 or Batman Forever. First two films were great then a big letdown. Warner shouldn't have never touched it.

"Oh yeah, the second one was a huge success! Let's make a third one, but we'll make it a PG-13 so we'll get more money! Oh and, we can merge it with that other post-apocalyptic script, you know, the one with kids. Yihaa! And let's get someone else to direct it too. Let Miller do something but you know, we own his ass now. Buahahaha!"

X3 was not as good as X2 but it certainly didn't suck imo. Already reviews are syaing Spiderman 3 isn't as good as Spiderman 2 - does that mean Spiderman 3 sucks?! - I doubt it!

Return of the Jedi
Last Crusade
Back to the Future 3
Revenge of the Sith
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Return of the King
Goldfinger
Prisoner of Alzkaban

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors

best story, best characters, best everything!

Star Trek III gets a bad rep sometimes, but it's miles better than the last 2 films, Generations and Star Trek V.

You missed Star Trek VI. :cwink:

I liked American Wedding, though it wasn't as good as the others.

Army Of Darkness!!!!!!

:up:

Yeah, like what? MM3 was just like X3 or Batman Forever. First two films were great then a big letdown. Warner shouldn't have never touched it.

"Oh yeah, the second one was a huge success! Let's make a third one, but we'll make it a PG-13 so we'll get more money! Oh and, we can merge it with that other post-apocalyptic script, you know, the one with kids. Yihaa! And let's get someone else to direct it too. Let Miller do something but you know, we own his ass now. Buahahaha!"

:whatever:

Mad Max introduced us to a post-apocalyptic world.
Road Warrior was about people surviving a post-apocalyptic world.
Thunderdome was about rebuilding. Thats why the kids are important! They are the future of civilization!

I liked American Wedding, though it wasn't as good as the others.

American Wedding was better than American Pie 2.

X3 was not as good as X2 but it certainly didn't suck imo. Already reviews are syaing Spiderman 3 isn't as good as Spiderman 2 - does that mean Spiderman 3 sucks?! - I doubt it!

Well..X3 was criticized as being mediocre or less..everyone is saying Spider-man 3 is nearly as good as #2, but there are some flaws that prevent it from being that good

Return of the King
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Return of the Jedi
Goldfinger
Star Wars Episode III
I don't think people dislike X3 due to its superior predecessor, but because of its mediocrity. X2's quality does make X3's problems a little more evident though.

I don't think people dislike X3 due to its superior predecessor, but because of its mediocrity. X2's quality does make X3's problems a little more evident though.

It would if it had some. X3's mediocrity yet still being the best of it a horrid series made the overwhelming flaws of X1 and X2 all the more obvious.

The Return of the King is by far the best of the three.
A Nightmare on Elm Street: Dream Warriors rivals the original.
Prisoner of Azkaban wasn't my favorite of the series, but definitely better than the first film and very good.
Rambo III is definitely the weakest, but still pretty damn entertaining.
SAW III was the best of the series and tied the three films together as one cohesive story perfectly.
The Revenge of the Sith was the only prequel that was anywhere near good, and atleast as good if not better than any of the original trilogy.

Return Of The Jedi
Star Wars: Episode III
Army Of Darkness
Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade
Back To The Future 3
Goldfinger
Lethal Weapon 3
Harry Potter and The Prisoner Of Azkaban
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King
Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult
Mission: Impossible III
Rambo III
Escape From The Planet Of The Apes

Plus, how can anyone not love Jaws 3??? Guys???

Fingers crossed on Spider-Man 3...

Star Wars: Episode III wasn't crappy. Die Hard with a Vengence was not better than Die Hard 2.

You're right about Star Wars Episode III, it wasn't crappy -- it was awful. And am I the only who openly dislikes Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? It felt like a blatant retread of Raiders with the Holy Grail in place of the Ark of the Covenant and I really couldn't see Sean Connery as Indy's dad -- he was a distraction if anything else.

Third installments that definitely rocked:

Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Mission Impossible III
Spider-Man 3 (I just know it'll rock, or at least be good)
Superman Returns (yes, I said it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"