Third installments that kicked ass!

Oh, some more!

Once Upon A Time In Mexico
Terminator 3 (The weakest of the series, but still kickass)
Red Dragon (Yeah, yeah... I know, Ratner, boo! boo!... I actually preferred this one to Hannibal. Though it's not as good as Manhunter.)

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is the best of the three hands down. 1 billion times better than the Da Vinci ****.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is the best of the three hands down. 1 billion times better than the Da Vinci ****.

Raiders is the best but Crusade is the most fun to watch. :yay: And, yeah, better than Da Vinci. lol. :woot:

Clear and Present Danger

I personally think Terminator 3 is more enjoyable than T2 - but only now. Of course at the time that T2 came out, it was ground-breaking and I thought it was the most exciting movie I had ever seen. But today, I would much rather watch T3 because Furlong's performance annoys the crap out of me now. I can't stand to watch his character now, and he ruins the movie for me.

I prefer BTTF 3 to part 2 because it felt more developed since it spent more attention on a single time period rather than bouncing around like BTTF 2.

The Last Crusade was FAR, FAR superior to the Temple of Doom (another case of a young male character making a film unwatchable for me).

Once Upon a Time in New Mexico was better than Desperado.

I personally don't think any third film has truelly kicked ass.

at best they have held their own but never truelly kicked ass to the same extent as either the original or the original sequel.

M:I:III
Superman Returns (The third in the series, since it is a Sequel to Superman II)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite Harry Potter film.
I thought Episode III was pretty great and had something the other two were missing.

I personally don't think any third film has truelly kicked ass.

at best they have held their own but never truelly kicked ass to the same extent as either the original or the original sequel.

Not even Goldfinger?

513-sa658nL._SS500_.jpg

ROCKY III

This was definitely the most exciting sequel Stallone ever conceptualized. The opening Eye Of The Tiger montage was superb, the Hulk Hogan cameo as Thunderlips comes across as fun and entertaining. Mr. T as Clubber Lang comes off as a complete bad-ass (HEY WOMAN! HEY WOMAN!...I WANT BALBOA! I WANT BALBOA... DON'T TURN YOUR BACK ON ME SUCKA!!!!.)

Mickey dying before the first Clubber Lang fight!!! What are you kidding me?!?! Rocky not only losing, but getting DESTROYED by Clubber Lang within the first three rounds?!!? ANNNDDD his arch-nemesis Apollo Creed returning to help Rocky train and reclaim the "Eye of the Tiger." while containing the best training montage of the series (beach run and akward hug included)

If you don't love this movie, you aren't a man, or you're one of those pretentious wanna-be film critics who didn't like any of the sequels but secretly tapes the various TBS/SPIKE TV/TNT Rocky marathons in your parent's basement!!!!!! (You know who you are!)

Lately many people have been talking about the so-called Trilogy curse.
There is no trilogy curse, some movies' third installments just aren't as good as other series'.

ROCKY III

This was definitely the most exciting sequel Stallone ever conceptualized. The opening Eye Of The Tiger montage was superb, the Hulk Hogan cameo as Thunderlips comes across as fun and entertaining. Mr. T as Clubber Lang comes off as a complete bad-ass (HEY WOMAN! HEY WOMAN!...I WANT BALBOA! I WANT BALBOA... DON'T TURN YOUR BACK ON ME SUCKA!!!!.)

Mickey dying before the first Clubber Lang fight!!! What are you kidding me?!?! Rocky not only losing, but getting DESTROYED by Clubber Lang within the first three rounds?!!? ANNNDDD his arch-nemesis Apollo Creed returning to help Rocky train and reclaim the "Eye of the Tiger." while containing the best training montage of the series (beach run and akward hug included)

If you don't love this movie, you aren't a man, or you're one of those pretentious wanna-be film critics who didn't like any of the sequels but secretly tapes the various TBS/SPIKE TV/TNT Rocky marathons in your parent's basement!!!!!! (You know who you are!)

:up:

There is no trilogy curse

Hence the sarcastic "so-called" statement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"