Thor beats hulk 90% of fights

MENTALLECT

Civilian
Reaction score
Thor should beat the Hulk in 90% of their fights. First, he starts off considerably stronger than the Hulk. Second, he has the benefit of a powerful weapon, his unbreakable hammer. Third, he is far smarter. Fourth, and most important, he has fought battles for millions of years against creatures larger and often as powerful as the Hulk, who are also largely smarter as a rule.

The Hulk's victories should be few and far between. Imagine a boxer fighting 200,000 fights, and then losing to a less talented and experienced boxer with 200 fights. People would say that should never happen. Thor should beat the Hulk almost everytime in under 2 minutes. As for the Mighty Avenger's Movie, I can overlook the Hulk vs Thor fight's lopsidedness because clearly they wanted the movie to be a redeeming coming out party for the Hulk, and it was.

Thor should beat the Hulk in 90% of their fights. First, he starts off considerably stronger than the Hulk.

Agreed. That is how the character of the Hulk was initially designed. He is NOT as strong as Thor when he first turns. It wasn't until the DeFalco era that Hulk (and Marvel) started to view the Hulk as absolutely superior in strength to Thor. Defenders #10 is solid proof of the fact that despite being at his angriest, Hulk is at best EQUAL in strength to Thor. Or at least, he used to be.

Second, he has the benefit of a powerful weapon, his unbreakable hammer.

Yep. But notice he usually only used brute force and fighting skill (although, when these two fight, Thor apparently forgets he actually has skill) when they fight. Rarely does he use any of his other powers or the power of Mjolnir.

Third, he is far smarter.

Well, that was the intent of Stan Lee when he first created Thor. He wanted someone stronger than the Hulk and smarter than Mr Fantastic (Stan's words, not mine). Obviously, intellectually, Reed could run circles around Thor. I think Stan meant for Thor to be much wiser. Unfortunately, this aspect of Thor's character is not drawn upon nearly enough.

Fourth, and most important, he has fought battles for millions of years against creatures larger and often as powerful as the Hulk, who are also largely smarter as a rule.

Yeah. Agreed. But here is the deal. Marvel will milk the Hulk/Thor fight until the end of time. THAT fight tends to draw a crowd. Rarely will Marvel ever designate a clear winner in a fight between these two.

Marvel uses character development that highlights 1) Thor's statement that he never uses his full strength against mortals (like the Hulk) for fear of killing them, 2) Banner is an innocent man with a terrible curse and Thor knows this.

In terms of raw, brute strength, Hulk and Thor are about the same (Hulk at his angriest that is). If Thor ever cut loose and utilized all his powers, he would kill the Hulk.

The Hulk's victories should be few and far between. Imagine a boxer fighting 200,000 fights, and then losing to a less talented and experienced boxer with 200 fights. People would say that should never happen. Thor should beat the Hulk almost everytime in under 2 minutes. As for the Mighty Avenger's Movie, I can overlook the Hulk vs Thor fight's lopsidedness because clearly they wanted the movie to be a redeeming coming out party for the Hulk, and it was.[/QUOTE]

I was afraid this might happen. :doh:

I think.....people need to stop ******* over these sort of rivalries, neither side will ever agree and this whole topic will inevitably devolve into something ugly.

All i know is the Thor vs Hulk fight in the movie was the ****

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"