Why is Thor considered so powerful?

Jla would destroy the avengers especially as the avengers are now. Sentry would probably give them a good tussle but, against all of them hell no.

Seriously. The Avengers team as they are now can barely take on teams from their own universe, much less the premiere team of the DCU.

There is no way in hell that the Ultimates can defeat the JLA. Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, or Martian Manhunter individually could probably stalemate the lot.

BrianWilly said:
Seriously. The Avengers team as they are now can barely take on teams from their own universe, much less the premiere team of the DCU.
Well, in all fairness, some of the other teams from the Avengers' universe could probably take the JLA's big seven. The Defenders, for one--especially if you include some of the other major members besides the 4 main Defenders, like Valkyrie and Nighthawk.

And imagine if Thor joined the Defenders. :eek:

That would definately seal a victory against the JLA, IMO. :)

It'd be cool if someone got a mini-series greenlit with the specific purpose of creating the single most powerful team in the Marvel universe. Dr. Strange, King Thor, the Silver Surfer, Hulk, Hercules, maybe Quasar... I can't think of anyone else, I'm tired.

Horrorfan said:
I still say Ultimate could take 616 Hulk
Well... You are probably the only one.

And even if the Supes thing WAS in continuity, Supes would decimate Ultimate Hulk without even trying. There is no real point there.

OFFTOPIC

Now, JLA/Avengers is at least in DC continuity.

Really, in what way? Has it been referenced at all?

/OFF TOPIC

TheCorpulent1 said:
Well, in all fairness, some of the other teams from the Avengers' universe could probably take the JLA's big seven. The Defenders, for one--especially if you include some of the other major members besides the 4 main Defenders, like Valkyrie and Nighthawk.

Or the Infinity watch. Thanos, Adam Warlock, Gamora, Pip, Drax, Moondragon and Maxam.
They'd sure give the JLA a run for their money.

What the hell happened to 'Why is Thor so powerful'? He posed the bloody question and says he has some concept of the answer now, we've already got JLA/Avengers thread.

Genesis 1.0 said:
What the hell happened to 'Why is Thor so powerful'? He posed the bloody question and says he has some concept of the answer now, we've already got JLA/Avengers thread.

The question was "why is thor considered so powerful" and I think its been settled

I aksed him what, 2 pages ago? He says he has some idea now, he won't be beaten down into another view so this thread is effectively used up. All it's turned to now is a debate that's been done to death.

Zenien said:
OFFTOPIC

Really, in what way? Has it been referenced at all?

/OFF TOPIC

It was one of the main subjects of Busiek's run on JLA, collected in JLA: Syndicate Rules. The universe that Krona created at the end of JLA/Avengers is under monitoring by both the JLA and Metron of the New Gods.

Vanguard07 said:
Or the Infinity watch. Thanos, Adam Warlock, Gamora, Pip, Drax, Moondragon and Maxam.
They'd sure give the JLA a run for their money.
Yeah, they're another incredibly powerful team. The JLA would probably have to start calling in reserves to deal with them.

A couple of questions about trades....what trade can I get the Thor vs Colossus fight in? And when is the next Ultimates trade out? And whats been going on in ultimate x men lately? Last one I read was magnetic north...

It was in Ultimate war. I read it when it came out so I couldn't say what trade it was in. I know it's in one of the Ultimate X-men ones though. Possibly in with Return of the king.

Well IF they leave the rune powers to Thor, he WILL be more powerful than most of the characters

TheCorpulent1 said:
It'd be cool if someone got a mini-series greenlit with the specific purpose of creating the single most powerful team in the Marvel universe. Dr. Strange, King Thor, the Silver Surfer, Hulk, Hercules, maybe Quasar... I can't think of anyone else, I'm tired.

Funnily enough a similar team invaded Asgard in blood and thunder

It was Dr strange, Surfer, Thanos, Adam Warlock and the infinty watch if I recall

If you mean pure strength Thor is +100 the fact that Thor is not using his hammer it doesn't change anything cause he only use it to canalize his magic manipulation. Worthy or not worthy Thor has gone in a one at one with Hercules and only forcing one each other they have almost putting the entire planet out of orbit. And using pure strength he has removed the Midgard serpent out of earth (which the Midgard serpent is actually bigger and heavier than earth). Thor as young has summon thunders without any problem and the only difference between Thor unworthy and Thor worthy is that Thor worthy has his energy manipulation control amplified and the power of flight. So Thor has defeated a Sentry, a Hulk, has gone in a one at one with Hercules who also was defeated by a lightning summoned by a Thor who wasn't using Mjolnirg in the fight. Has gone in a one at one with Red Hulk who as a manner of fact is a lot more powerful that the green Hulk because he has more control over his strength, and also has his military training. Hulk has been forcing each other Hulk and Thor had destroyed all around them so yeah Thor is pretty tough guy. Probably the only one besides Sentry, Hyperion and a really mad Hulk able to fight Superman (without needing to limit himself) in a one at one and win.
So 616 Thor Odinson >>>>>>>>>>>> Ultimate Thor

Last edited:
It's been more than eight years since someone posted in this thread. Eight years.

To put that into a relevant frame of reference, Red Hulk wasn't created until two years after the last post in this thread before yours.

There are other superheros in marvel that are superman level types or beyond it like blue marvel, miracle man,silver surfer,captain universe,star brand,gladiator,nova, etc.. etc..

Just check comicvine.com or marvel database,marvel.com or marvel wiki or type in google list of marvel characters and read the bio info.
Simple.

1.) Thor is NOT a Superman rip off, that Norse myth was around waaaaay before comics were even a concept. The powers he's been given fit that myth to a T, so no dice.

As for the rest, Thor's abilities put him on a level much higher than Hercules, they're only comprable in strength, other than that Thor is way over his head. King Thor? Heh, man's as high as Pre Crisis Supes is over Post Crisis.

It's the blue suit/red cape thing. Sort of like Frazz must be Calvin argument.

Marvel has more powerful characters then some folks think.
Even the avengers and other avengers teams have some really powerful characters.
The avengers later on in the 616 universe started becoming just as powerful or more powerful then the justice league overtime after the 1960's.

Compare the avengers and justice league teams over time BELOW.

List of Avengers members - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Avengers Members - Comic Vine

The Avengers are the most prestigious and powerful super-hero team in the world, an ever-shifting ... Avengers membership proved very fluid over the years.
Avengers - Marvel.com

List of Justice League members - Wikipedia, the free ...

Marvel Characters - Comic Vine

DC Comics Characters - Comic Vine

Last edited:
Is this going to be like the Superman vs Goku thread? Because I love that thread. It's hilariously nonsensical at best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"