Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

I see the MCU as a new series launch with all titles starting at 1 again - a different universe based on the original like Ultimate or New 52. So I’m not bothered if everything isn’t exactly the same but the more that is the better. As long as it’s good and linked enough to the source material I’ll usually be happy.

And Loki should have been Hela's (And Fenris') father. At this point we are off the book in terms of both Marvel Comics canon and the actual Norse mythology.

It sucks if you hold the comics dear as I do but at this point swerves, even big ones from the comics are almost expected.
I would argue there's still a difference.

Loki as Hela's mother is, at best, ambiguously referenced from time to time. It's rarely important. Baldur's death bringing on Ragnarok is a significant plot point throughout Thomas's run with the Odinsword and all that.

I would argue there's still a difference.

Loki as Hela's mother is, at best, ambiguously referenced from time to time. It's rarely important. Baldur's death bringing on Ragnarok is a significant plot point throughout Thomas's run with the Odinsword and all that.

It's a significant plot point in the original telling of the mythology... But like I stated, I think at this point we are off the book so to speak. I wished that they would have brought up Thor's connection to the elder gods as his mother is Gaea. But given how much they emphasized his connection to Frigga I doubt that revelation is going to be forthcoming in the MCU.

I kind of doubt that Baldur is on the docket anyway. I'm not strongly arguing for his inclusion just pointing out, as someone that holds the comic history in a lot of esteem, that if they were, it likely would be in a way that ignores comic canon in favor of how best they feel they should use the character. It's always disappointing but at this juncture with the MCU that sort of thing happening is a given.

It's a significant plot point in the original telling of the mythology... But like I stated, I think at this point we are off the book so to speak.

Yeah, the original mythology is its own animal. I was at least talking about the comics version.

My personal preference is for Baldur in the Loki series. I think there's a better chance of him being used effectively and it'll likely be set in the past. It's worth pointing out that Baldur was almost in the first Thor movie (they produced his helmet at least), but I would argue it's probably for the best he didn't appear given how wasted the Warriors Three were over all.

EChhHD1UIAAKQi8.jpg:large

Ha yeah fair enough I do think it was unlikely he had done the whole thing already. I’m sure he’s got some ideas but I’m sure Natalie, Tessa and Chris will also have a look at the script and make some suggestions plus obviously taika loves a bit of improv on the day too

These covers are a sight to behold.
Can't wait to have a look at the interior of these comics.
King Thor 3 (of 4) by Jason Aaron & Esad Ribic

tumblr_pwp8yky3tQ1uxfptco1_1280.jpg

Maybe he’s playing Baldur the brave?

People are saying wolverine which I just don’t see. Anyway I turn my nose up at kitt anyway because he used a bum double on game of thrones.

Oh yeah 100% Goldblum is going to be in this.

Animated logo from D23.
The font is similar to the one in the newer comics from Jason Aaron.

Last edited:
If people needed reassuring of who the star of TL&T is going to be...

If people needed reassuring of who the star of TL&T is going to be...

Even though that's perfectly in line with what he said about the general state of a Thor film before Ragnarok it's good to have it reconfirmed here. There are certainly writers that have lost focus on the old in the desire to introduce something new but Taika doesn't sound like he's going to fall into that trap.

Apparently Spiderman 3 coming out in 2021 is official.

Where's that leave the release date for this movie?

Spider-Man 3 - July 2021
Thor: Love & Thunder - November 2021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"