Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

Interesting that both armors while similar are still quite different and the fully decked one it’s the true definition of a battle armor because of the amount of protection it offers Thor, in particular the Viking style helmet that also covers most of the face, the double shoulder pads and even the hand armor, something we had never seen before. This should be a pretty good indication of the threat level posed by Gorr.

FIOKt-AX0AAXAfX

FIjyKT-WUAMLtBH

Last edited:
Interesting that both armors while similar are still quite different and the fully decked one it’s the true definition of a battle armor because of the amount of protection it offers Thor, in particular the Viking style helmet that also covers most of the face, the double shoulder pads and even the hand armor, something we had never seen before. This should be a pretty good indication of the threat level posed by Gorr.

FIOKt-AX0AAXAfX

FIjyKT-WUAMLtBH

You need as much protection as possible when you're going up against a guy who can materialize dozens of blades at once.

The Most Anticipated Superhero Movies Of 2022, According To Reddit
1. The Batman
2. Thor: Love and Thunder
3. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-verse
4. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
5. The Flash
6. Black Adam
7. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
8. Moribus
9. The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
10. Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
TLT consistently showing up at the top of the most anticipated movies of 2022 even without showing any sort of footage or trailers which is even more impressive.

Last edited:
The Most Anticipated Superhero Movies Of 2022, According To Reddit

TLT consistently showing up at the top of the most anticipated movies of 2022 even without showing any sort of footage or trailers which is even more impressive.

Especially when you consider that the other movies in the top 5 have all released at least one teaser.

I'm most excited about this movie because I don't know what to expect. With every other movie you kinda know, more or less, what is gonna be. Specially something like The Batman.
But Thor: Love and Thunder? It's a question mark and that makes me extremely interested.

Gorr looks great - I hope they have a similar design in the real movie

So back on 2017, 2 weeks before the release of the teaser trailer for Thor Ragnarok, James Gunn was asked on Twitter if he had seen that particular trailer to which he responded yes followed by massive praise. I wonder if he’s seen the one for TLT too since I think it should be dropping fairly soon, someone should tweet him about that to see if he can share that info.

Also the GOTG are in it as well so he should be getting a heads up before the teaser drops online. I also hope we get some sort of time frame to when the teaser trailer comes out so I can plan for it accordingly. :D

Hmm. The armor with a helmet looks like a powered up version of the sleeveless, helmetless outfit. I'm gonna guess he briefly dons the powered up look during a super god mode scene at the climax of the film. I doubt Hemsworth is suddenly gonna be keen on wearing a helmet for an extended duration.

I sure hopes that's the case, because that would be a great reason to don the helmet look.

I prefer the sleeveless armor btw.

Last edited:
So back on 2017, 2 weeks before the release of the teaser trailer for Thor Ragnarok, James Gunn was asked on Twitter if he had seen that particular trailer to which he responded yes followed by massive praise. I wonder if he’s seen the one for TLT too since I think it should be dropping fairly soon, someone should tweet him about that to see if he can share that info.

Also the GOTG are in it as well so he should be getting a heads up before the teaser drops online. I also hope we get some sort of time frame to when the teaser trailer comes out so I can plan for it accordingly. :D
I'm actually surprised that Gunn doesn't have a producer credit for Love and Thunder like he did for Infinity War and Endgame since the Guardians are in it. I also think that we might get the first trailer for Love and Thunder during the Super Bowl next month.

I'm actually surprised that Gunn doesn't have a producer credit for Love and Thunder like he did for Infinity War and Endgame since the Guardians are in it. I also think that we might get the first trailer for Love and Thunder during the Super Bowl next month.
I think the Guardians role in TLT won’t be that big so that could explain the lack of a producer credit. Anyways I don’t really know how those producer things work either and we might even see it added later on.

I still have a hard time believing the teaser will drop during the Super Bowl since it’s so expensive and they would be sharing the spotlight with other TV Spots and trailers. Also with all the MCU series around I think they would probably release a TV Spot for one of those instead like they did with Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

I think the Guardians role in TLT won’t be that big so that could explain the lack of a producer credit. Anyways I don’t really know how those producer things work either and we might even see it added later on.

I still have a hard time believing the teaser will drop during the Super Bowl since it’s so expensive and they would be sharing the spotlight with other TV Spots and trailers. Also with all the MCU series around I think they would probably release a TV Spot for one of those instead like they did with Falcon and the Winter Soldier.
Super Bowl ads are pocket change for Disney. There's always been at least one MCU Super Bowl spot nearly every year since Iron Man. Since we already got the first trailer for Doctor Strange: MOM, I'd think the more likely candidate for a Super Bowl spot would be Thor.

Super Bowl ads are pocket change for Disney. There's always been at least one MCU Super Bowl spot nearly every year since Iron Man. Since we already got the first trailer for Doctor Strange: MOM, I'd think the more likely candidate for a Super Bowl spot would be Thor.
Sure. But a Teaser Trailer isn’t a TV Spot. Also for the last few years every May release(GOtG2, IW, AEG) has gotten a TV Spot and I think Doctor Strange(also May) will most likely have one too and I could see one of the D+ series having a trailer too.

Super Bowl - MCU:
2021 - Falcon and the Winter Solider - Trailer
2020 - Black Widow / D+ Series - TV Spots
2019 - End Game / Captain Marvel - TV Spots
2018 - Infinity War - TV Spot
2017 - GOTG 2 - TV Spot

I think the TLT teaser trailer will come out before the Super Bowl but I could be wrong, hopefully we see soon enough. :cwink:

Last edited:

The whole thing about sensing someone’s death and taking the falling warriors to Valhalla is definitely comic accurate. They’ll probably explore that and I’m actually really curious to see how they’ll do that.

The stuff about reviving and inhabiting others body’s I’m not so sure of what is that all about. I guess I gotta read into it and see if it’s something done before or if it’s being done for this particular story.

The whole thing about sensing someone’s death and taking the falling warriors to Valhalla is definitely comic accurate. They’ll probably explore that and I’m actually really curious to see how they’ll do that.

The stuff about reviving and inhabiting others body’s I’m not so sure of what is that all about. I guess I gotta read into it and see if it’s something done before or if it’s being done for this particular story.

I'm gonna assume that the person whose imminent death Valkyrie will be sensing is Jane, right? It would make sense if they're adapting the cancer plot. And also, doesn't Jane go to Valhalla near the end of the comic run when she "dies", only to immediately come back to life?

I'm gonna assume that the person whose imminent death Valkyrie will be sensing is Jane, right? It would make sense if they're adapting the cancer plot. And also, doesn't Jane go to Valhalla near the end of the comic run when she "dies", only to immediately come back to life?
Yeh it makes the most sense to me. It could also be others Asgardians too. It should be fascinating to see how they'll execute that idea, of a Valkyrie or the Valkyries(because we know there will be more) leading the fallen asgardian warriors into Valhalla. Regarding the whole thing with Jane, i'm not too familiar with her comics... I know she eventually dies and goes to Valhalla at one point though. Eventually she become a Valkyrie as well but that stuff is fairly recent i think.

One of the reasons I loved Ragnarok was the fact that they made Thor more relatable, lighthearted, funny… but he was also cool and badass when he needed to be, the Muspelheim, Sakaar and Asgard battles where some of the best stuff we had ever seen from Thor in the MCU.

The Russo’s took the baton from Taika and expertly coated the character with tragedy while still keeping the humor and badassery. The IW version of Thor was the very peak for the character so far in the MCU and while EG took the character down from that pedestal I hope TLT puts him back right where he’s suppose to be. I do expect the character to be fun, I think it will deliver power-wise but I also hope the drama really registers this time around and I know Taika can deliver those beats because I’ve seen him do it before.

While EG was somewhat of a step backwards and sideways I hope TLT changes gears once again by infusing the Ragnarok playfulness with the IW impact-fullness catapulting Thor back into the spotlight.

One of the reasons I loved Ragnarok was the fact that they made Thor more relatable, lighthearted, funny… but he was also cool and badass when he needed to be, the Muspelheim, Sakaar and Asgard battles where some of the best stuff we had ever seen from Thor in the MCU.

The Russo’s took the baton from Taika and expertly coated the character with tragedy while still keeping the humor and badassery. The IW version of Thor was the very peak for the character so far in the MCU and while EG took the character down from that pedestal I hope TLT puts him back right where he’s suppose to be. I do expect the character to be fun, I think it will deliver power-wise but I also hope the drama really registers this time around and I know Taika can deliver those beats because I’ve seen him do it before.

While EG was somewhat of a step backwards and sideways I hope TLT changes gears once again by infusing the Ragnarok playfulness with the IW impact-fullness catapulting Thor back into the spotlight.

IW Thor is my favorite Thor in terms of character, he was funny and relatable while still being serious and having emotional weight. While Ragnarok had the best Thor action since it showed a good mix of hand to hand fighting in addition to weapon weilding. Ragnarok also had something which wasn't shown before or after Ragnarok (which is weird) and that is Thor summoning and projecting lightning without a weapon.

I literally teared up seeing lightning imbued Thor for the first time.

IW Thor is my favorite Thor in terms of character, he was funny and relatable while still being serious and having emotional weight. While Ragnarok had the best Thor action since it showed a good mix of hand to hand fighting in addition to weapon weilding. Ragnarok also had something which wasn't shown before or after Ragnarok (which is weird) and that is Thor summoning and projecting lightning without a weapon.

I literally teared up seeing lightning imbued Thor for the first time.
We see it briefly in the big battle in EG before he exchanges weapons with Cap.

The way I see it, Mjolnir and Stormbreaker are both conduits to Thors innate power that serve to harness and focus that energy. Without a weapon, Thor’s innate power is volatile like we’ve seen in Ragnarok, we see it in the arena and on the Bifrost with the lightning engulfing his body and projecting outwards. With a weapon his power is channeled through it for maximum efficiency.

And as for why we didn’t see it in the beginning of IW against Thanos I think it’s just a case of it most likely happening off screen since the Russo’s also explained that Thor’s power is like a battery and he can only exert so much until he needs to recharge which it’s not so different than Odin with the Odin force and would explain why a depleted Thor was just using his physical strength against Thanos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"