Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

6 months before release date.
We should be getting a teaser trailer fairly soon and I still expect it to drop later this month, probably on a Monday as it’s normally the case, so my guesses would be on the 24th or 31st.

Some people think mid-February around the Super Bowl/13th or Valentine’s Day/14th. I don’t think it will be the case since if I remember correctly Marvel normally drops TV Spots for their movies on the Super Bowl which tend to be short and very expensive and they share the spotlight by playing alongside other announced projects.

After that I think it would be a bit too late and there could be some overlapping since I also expect an official trailer for DS:MOM in March, 2 months before it’s release date as per usual.

I sure hope you're right!

Someone was not suppose to take pictures but of course someone always does. And it’s legit because I had also heard online about that particular massive detail a week ago. This is going to go viral very soon.

open-mouth-shocked.gif

Someone was not suppose to take pictures but of course someone always does. And it’s legit because I had also heard online about that particular massive detail a week ago. This is going to go viral very soon.

open-mouth-shocked.gif

yeah thats not for me. Too much gold.

Reminds me of the Nova Corp duds from the comics.
Yeh good catch. It’s also very royal looking, like King Thor/Rune King Thor and also very similar to Thor’s battle armor from the comics with all the gold, blue and red.

e7d975148881ba630e759557744cd4a5.jpg

Last edited:
Also did anyone notice the Phoenix detail? They might also be borrowing from the recent run in the comics regarding Thor’s lineage.
I don't know... looks fake to me.
I’m pretty sure it’s legit. Again last week I heard some details online about the look that does line up.

Yeah a bit too bold the colours there for me.

I absolutely love the sleeveless look.
This one with the added armored details is definitely wild and i feel it’s more of an acquired taste sort of thing. It takes some adjusting but I think it will likely turn out great when we see it in motion and as the final product.

I give them props for going more into a bold and comic accurate direction though and after years of people complaining about the lack of certain things, well there you have it now and i’m sure plenty will be pleased to have that itch scratched.

It's also similar to the Realm of Champions Thor character which was also inspired in the Walt Simonson run from the 80's.

demon-slayer-1267258.jpeg

I dunno... I don't like it. All that gold is a bit garish and the helmet... ugh :eek:

The more I look at the helmet design with the eagle nod at the center the more I think they’ll eventually address the fact that recently the Phoenix Force has been revealed to be Thor’s mother. Before it was believed to be Gaea the earth goddess.
latest

odin-and-phoenix-marvel-1016611.jpg

King-Phoenix-Thor-Wolverine.jpg

And also with the introduction of the battle armour I see them exploring the Thor vs Celestials angle since they where also established in the Eternals.
The-Mighty-Thor-uses-the-godblast-vs.-The-Celestial-Exitar-.jpg

thor387.jpg

latest

Thor+cover+insert.jpg

h1hahb9r2nz51.jpg

Simonson inspired armor?

In a movie where Thor will battle The God Butcher?

tumblr_oorrakZ7qh1w4o831o1_540.gif

I think the fact that we got to see concept art with a bright yellow color/lighting instead of a more subdued gold “honey” color is a bit of a disservice to the suit. Once you color correct or darken it a bit into a more weathered gold look it already looks way better. For example and for comparison.

FIjyKT-WUAMLtBH

FIjt4J0X0AEPi6o

I think the fact that we got to see concept art with a bright yellow color/lighting instead of a more subdued gold “honey” color is a bit of a disservice to the suit. Once you color correct or darken it a bit into a more weathered gold look it already looks way better. For example and for comparison.

FIjyKT-WUAMLtBH

FIjt4J0X0AEPi6o

I definitely think this is one one of those things that looks kind of loud and weird in concept art but will look much better in the final product. The yellow I can see looking more gold in the actual film.

I definitely think this is one one of those things that looks kind of loud and weird in concept art but will look much better in the final product. The yellow I can see looking more gold in the actual film.

I certainly hope so!

At first glance... Helmet is a no for me. As usual, would need to see the real thing (or in film cgi version) in live action to judge... But right now, as someone who's been crying for the helmet... I'm feeling that 'be careful what you wish for' hahaha

Yeh concept art doesn't always translate well in 2D images because they could be trying to convey a lot of stuff in one small space which can look busy at times, while when they translate into live action it can look way better with all the different angles, curves, textures, depth... In addition the tweaks in color correction should help do the trick as well.

Regarding the different outfits/amors, the Thunderstrike look should be for when he's with the GOTG while the casual look is for when he was dating Jane. I expect the sleeveless light armored look for most of the film and the full blown battle armour look for the very end.

I've been thinking about it and I really like that helmet... but not for Thor. We'll see how it plays out in the actual film.

Hmm. The armor with a helmet looks like a powered up version of the sleeveless, helmetless outfit. I'm gonna guess he briefly dons the powered up look during a super god mode scene at the climax of the film. I doubt Hemsworth is suddenly gonna be keen on wearing a helmet for an extended duration.

Loved the art without the helmet... not sure I like the art with the helmet. Maybe it will grow on me.

He looks like a Transformer with the mask

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"