Thor: Ragnarok The Official News and Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have to have Loki back for Ragnarok, regardless if they want him or not because they have to resolve the ending to The Dark World.

This is the same argument for bringing back Anthony Hopkins. Someone has to play Odin while Loki is masquerading as him.

I think Tom's just being cautious because Feige might not have sat down with him to discuss his role in the film yet...so he doesn't want to promise anything until he is sure of what the game plan is, so to speak. Maybe Marvel hasn't yet decided exactly where Loki is going to go from here...from what I've read it seems his surviving at the end of The Dark World was sort of a decision made late in the game.

p p p poker face. Ok, I'm done with that.

I personally (and this is just my opinion) think the best direction for the character at this point is to redeem him...I mean we've seen him 'fall' (Thor), we've seen him full on villainous (Avengers), we've seen him in Anti-Hero Mode (Thor 2), the logical next step is redemption.

Thor 3 could be his redemption arch, and then have him help the Avengers fight Thanos in Infinity Wars. It would make sense to enlist his help since we know Loki has some knowledge on Thanos because he's had dealings with him before...it would also be the perfect time to finally delve a bit into the lost time between Thor 1 and Avengers and learn what exactly happened to Loki before he turned up with the Chitauri.

This is good. Depending on what happens in Ragnarok, I would think Thanos grabs Loki for information or just to have some company. Thanos needs a friend. Loki taking down Thanos from the inside would fit perfectly with his characterization. It's not like our heroes don't need the help. But Loki is doing it for his own reasons, sorta like why he helped Thor in TDW. Loki is slippery.

Just my opinion...but I don't think they should kill him off again, that's been played out twice already, a third time would have people rolling their eyes and nobody would buy it. No...have Loki redeem himself and ride off into the sunset having finally found peace of mind...that would make for one heck of an arch for the character, in my opinion.

I'm not sure Loki riding off is going to work, especially if there are more Thor films. I wouldn't expect Loki to be embraced, but I do expect him to get out of dodge to come back and harass Thor again, assuming future Thor films.

This is good :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"