The Runtime thread

That's good to hear. I hope that translates into screen time.

Mjölnir;35807877 said:
When the Russos were asked which characters they haven't written before they were the most interested in writing for Infinity War Anthony said Thor, so there seems to be an interest for the character.

Excellent, glad he said Thor. Can only be a good sign.

2 hours and 10 minutes is perfect and makes for an easier rewatch

Mjölnir;35807877 said:
When the Russos were asked which characters they haven't written before they were the most interested in writing for Infinity War Anthony said Thor, so there seems to be an interest for the character.

Wow this just multipled my interest in the film times two.

O9ebk.gif

Exactly! I cried myself to sleep last night after seeing that. :csad::woot:

It's TDW's fault! :cwink: They threw around "epic" during the making of it and when it came in at 112 minutes and wasn't particularly epic -- I thought for whatever reason MCU had no faith in Thor.
They were obligated to finish the trilogy and for Ragnarok threw in Hulk as insurance but would they have guts to make it big and bold and over 2 hours(!!) ??

Then Taika (who I now know not to believe if he says water is wet) drops that 100 minute deadpan soundbite and I was bummed. Not hide the razors bummed -- but pretty demoralized.

But now, yes, it is big and bold and of Mighty length and I'm pretty thrilled. So after the great trailers and positive impressions on social media who isn't thrilled about this movie?
I guess the few folks who wish it wasn't "so humorous."

I think we have to just be happy with the variations of the characters from comic to movie because we'll never get an "exact " version anyway.

Now it's time to wonder about that Black Panther run time......

The word epic was thrown around during the making of TDW?

Yeah, pretty sure it was.
I think the fans wanted it to be epic and they asked the makers before it was released if it had epic scale considering Thor in the comics has some pretty amazing storylines that certainly are "epic" and the makers didn't deny that it was or downplay the notion.
They mentioned that you would see many of the nine realms etc., etc.

And most sequels try to outdo the first movie in scale and I'm not sure if TDW did that.

Then the run time came in at 112 -- the then (and current) shortest MCU movie and the fans started to doubt it.

Of course in many fans opinions the biggest fault of TDW isn't it's scale but the inclusion of the Earth characters in a story where they weren't needed.

I like both the previous 2 Thor movies a lot but I am glad that this one looks to be the biggest one yet with lots of new settings and characters.

I remember in the interviews for TDW, Chris Hemsworth talked about changing Thor's fighting style and making it more dymamic LMAO.

TDW ended up having the WORST Thor fight scenes in any of the MCU films. Thor's fight against Malekith was actually pretty cool and Thor seemed very powerful, but it was undercut by Jane and Darcy's nonesense.

Thor: The Dark World was just blegh. The few scenes Loki had were okay enough and the Malekith portal battle is always fun but everything else is this milquetoast mash of oddly well-shot (for an MCU film), indistinguishable, flavorless sludge that I cannot recall in any shape or form.

I really hope no one actually believed that this was going to be 90 mins.

It was obvious Taika was joking at the time, yet it caused countless discussions and disappointed people jumping to conclusions when nothing was actually confirmed (until yesterday).

I really hope no one actually believed that this was going to be 90 mins.

It was obvious Taika was joking at the time, yet it caused countless discussions and disappointed people jumping to conclusions when nothing was actually confirmed (until yesterday).

So many people did, there were some epic meltdowns going on in this and the main thread. :funny: I always knew it was likely Taika just trolling everyone, especially when he posted on twitter that it was going to be 90 minutes with 40 minutes of credits and some people still believed him. :woot: It wasn't confirmed yesterday btw, we've known it was 2 hours 10 mins for weeks, since Disney confirmed it to AMC and yet some people still refused to believe that too, it was weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"