Age of Ultron Thor should be more powerful!!

In regards to fighting, just because someone is stronger and bigger than his opponent doesn't always mean he'll win. So Hulk's stronger maybe, but in fighting, Thor's got this. :-)

In regards to fighting, just because someone is stronger and bigger than his opponent doesn't always mean he'll win. So Hulk's stronger maybe, but in fighting, Thor's got this. :-)

You know though if Hulk ever lost control and they had to fight properly in the MCU, Hulk would win. Thor would forget he could fly, or that he has lightning powers etc

That's basically just saying "the writers would write Thor as being stupid, so that Hulk could win because he's popular." That's more than a little meaningless.

That's basically just saying "the writers would write Thor as being stupid, so that Hulk could win because he's popular." That's more than a little meaningless.

Actually it was meant that the Hulk would win for the story. If Hulk lost control they wouldn't write it so that Thor would just come in and subdue him himself, it would be a team effort.

MCU THOR with no hammer would get beat by HULK. HULK is pretty much unstoppable once he gets going. THOR was getting worn out fighting with Cap against Chitauri, he wouldnt last.

Thor should be able to battle somewhat with the speed and strength like superman in MOS
he is a god and should be able to take on ultrons army without any effort .
but I know as the marvel team are quite hell bent on showing him closer to superhuman they will make him suffer stupidly .

:whatever: We should really keep THOR and Superman separate. This is MARVEL not DC.

ULTRON will be kicking everyones butt, hence them needing a team to take him on. Hes one of MARVELS toughest villains.

Last edited:
Thor should be able to battle somewhat with the speed and strength like superman in MOS
he is a god and should be able to take on ultrons army without any effort .
but I know as the marvel team are quite hell bent on showing him closer to superhuman they will make him suffer stupidly .

While Thor would indeed be capable of demolishing Superman-level characters, "god" has a bit of a loose meaning in Marvel. Thor is considered a god, but he's far outclassed by Galactus, who himself is outclassed by White Phoenix of the Crown, who is below Those Who Sit Above In The Shadow, who in turn are ants to the Living Tribunal. Being a "god" isn't necessarily a measure of power in itself.

By the way, you guys think there's any chance of seeing the God Blast on the next film?

"God" just means hes like a Norse legend/higher powered being. It doesnt mean hes unstoppable or rules the universe. He still has to fight things and has weakness against certain life forms. If he was a "God" he would just win everything by himself, that is, as we know totally stupid when youre watching super hero movies.

What you are reacting to is the difference between whedon and black. Whedon respects comic books and the fans, thus he won't have a fight in which one superhero totally creams another. especially considering they have their solo franchises to return to. nor would he make the extremis soldiers as powerful as they appeared because that would diminish thor.

one respects comics one did not. the moral of the story, never have shane black do another MCU film.

This. Using words that I've personally heard Stan Lee spoke regarding character vs character(I was in the audience at a Panel in this convention I was at a while back), it's always up to the writers and those creating the fight who dictates who wins and how powerful they are. Unfortunately we were stuck with writers who knew nothing.

"God" just means hes like a Norse legend/higher powered being. It doesnt mean hes unstoppable or rules the universe. He still has to fight things and has weakness against certain life forms. If he was a "God" he would just win everything by himself, that is, as we know totally stupid when youre watching super hero movies.

The term god means nothing. When people say god they tend to project what they know about the Judeo Christian, Islamic, Abrahamic God onto the world. Being a god doesn't make you the be all end all. The irony is that most of the gods and god like characters in Comic are actually more powerful than the gods from real world Mythology. lol Comic Thor is more powerful than real world Mythological Norse god Thor.

This. Using words that I've personally heard Stan Lee spoke regarding character vs character(I was in the audience at a Panel in this convention I was at a while back), it's always up to the writers and those creating the fight who dictates who wins and how powerful they are. Unfortunately we were stuck with writers who knew nothing.

The sad thing is that the extremis soldiers where suppose to be Uberpowerful. There supposed to be able to tear though Stark's armor. The only problem is that Shane Black made it so that hey where ripping though it like tissue paper. If they did like the Comic extremis soldier would be denting and bending his armor like extremely thick play doah. When it came to Ironman 3 there was no since of relativity. You couldn't tell how strong or weak anyone's offensives or defenses were. Every thing in Ironman 3 was dictated by the plot.

Mallen could crush Tony armor with his bare hands. He kicked in the side of his Leg. He also punched tony in the chest and broke all of his ribs.(can't find the scan)
fc0ee81cef8292685d12f717e1edc03f.jpg

38517.jpg

Last edited:
People really need to remember that the films are going to differ from the comics pretty much always. Once you see/know that, theres no point in saying "Thor should be able to do every single thing he does in the comic books". It doesnt work that way Zippy.

People really need to remember that the films are going to differ from the comics pretty much always. Once you see/know that, theres no point in saying "Thor should be able to do every single thing he does in the comic books". It doesnt work that way Zippy.

I don't see your point. If not the comics, what do you suppose we would base our speculation on? The comics are always going to serve as inspiration to the movies and while power levels obviously won't be the same it's perfectly reasonable to discuss the movie characters' possible future based on them.

All in all, it doesn't matter how powerful Thor is, all that matters is that he d says 'Ultron we would have words with thee' before the final battle

Or presumably he will say you instead of thee for consistency sake.

He has to say that line though right? I mean if Joss knows anything about comics.

Its not gonna be in the movie just because its in the comics. 99.5% of film audiences wont care if it is anyway.

Its not gonna be in the movie just because its in the comics. 99.5% of film audiences wont care if it is anyway.

Except some part of these movies are appeasing the comic fans. Why did Thor vs Hulk fight in A1? 98% of fans wouldn't have cared if it didn't happen.

Why was there a nod to Magneto being QS's dad in DOPF, I could go on.

These movies are appeasing the fans just because theyre being made Id say. I think Joss will definitely always add geek details, but not every single little line like that THOR one etc.

Come on man, don't ruin this for me, in my eyes it is one of the coolest moments i've seen in a comic and pretty much the first thing i thought of when they announced Ultron.

I don't want to imagine an Avengers film with Ultron without a variant of this line. Just like I don't want to imagine A3 without Cap being the last stand against Thanos and saying his great speech.

I just want this movie to be awesome, if THOR doesnt say that Im not gonna mind. It would be cool if they could add it though

These movies are appeasing the fans just because theyre being made Id say. I think Joss will definitely always add geek details, but not every single little line like that THOR one etc.

Knowing Whedon he'll add it. He had Cap say "Avengers Assemble" in Avenges would but he ended up cutting it when he was triming the films run time. He had Hulk say "Puny (name of whatever hulks fighting)" He even added "Hulk Smash" although Cap said it.

To be fair the melting point of titanium (the main component of the Iron Man armors) melts at 1650 ºC, the Extremis soldiers can heat up to 3000ºC. So yeah, the extremis soldiers could rip apart the suits because of that. Not only that,the soldiers were exploiting weak spots. If you were watching closely, most of the damage they inflict is via limb joints, the face and the chest RT. Even Killian was mostly targeting the chest RT when fighting Tony. The only person who was slicing through the armours was Killian, the rest of the soldiers were tearing off limbs.

MCU THOR with no hammer would get beat by HULK. HULK is pretty much unstoppable once he gets going. THOR was getting worn out fighting with Cap against Chitauri, he wouldnt last.

LOL, Thor was the only one NOT getting worn out by the Chitauri battle. even Hulk was beat down by the onslaught of the armada for a bit

Did Thor even look like he was tired, I mean Cap said 'what you getting sleepy'

and Thor just looked at him like, 'yeah right dude, you are the one out of breath and sweating all over the place'

I think they all were tired out from the Chitauri, THOR included. He just had his war face on.

Unless it's just supposed to be a badass moment, as opposed to a dramatic moment, your protagonist shouldn't completely dominate whatever conflict they're faced with.

All in all, it doesn't matter how powerful Thor is because the threats that the Avengers should be fighting should be pushing everyone to their limits, and instead of Thor just god-modding his way through challenges, should probably be thinking on his feet, and using those more abstract powers that some are rooting for (like portals and whatnot).

And so far the MCU franchise hasn't gone down the Dragon Ball Z route by just having the heroes get a miraculous second wind and just punching the villain harder or shooting out a beam much more devastating than the last dozen. Most of the time, they've had to use clever means to win the battle. And most of the time, that results in a more memorable solution to the climax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"