Age of Ultron Thor should be more powerful!!

I think Thor was getting worn out, but remember, he also had to fight Loki, and got surprise stabbed, too.

Yeah Loki pulled a Gladiator and stabbed him in the side. What a *****e!

Well, he is the Trickster god. And they don't call him the "Loki the liar" for nothing.

Pretty annoying for Loki though, he is like 'haha i've stabbed you' and it pretty much equated to a splinter for Thor

nerrrrrrrrrrrrds!
lol

the answer is obvious
they're all not worthy

"God" just means hes like a Norse legend/higher powered being. It doesnt mean hes unstoppable or rules the universe. He still has to fight things and has weakness against certain life forms. If he was a "God" he would just win everything by himself, that is, as we know totally stupid when youre watching super hero movies.

I agree with what you are saying though even then you are still butchering the mean of the word god. When people think god they keep thinking of the All powerful Judeo Christian god/Islamic/Aramaic God in Monotheist religions. Polytheist gods from actually real world religions and mythologies aren't all powerful to beings. They have tiers of power with in there own religions. For instants in Greek mythology the Furries are more powerful than Zues. In Norse mythology the gods live and die. In some mythologies there are gods weak enough for a humans to beat up, trap, or kill.

Last edited:
I agree with what you are saying though even then you are still butchering the mean of the word god. When people think god they keep thinking of the All powerful Judeo Christian god/Islamic/Aramaic God in Monotheist religions. Polytheist gods from actually real world religions and mythologies aren't all powerful to beings. They have tiers of power with in there own religions. For instants in Greek mythology the Furries are more powerful than Zues. In Norse mythology the gods live and die. In some mythologies there are gods weak enough for a humans to beat up, trap, or kill.

Wow

I did not know this about Greek mythology.

Now I wanna see Liam Neesons fight a guy in a fluffy fox costume
:oldrazz:

Wow

I did not know this about Greek mythology.

Now I wanna see Liam Neesons fight a guy in a fluffy fox costume
:oldrazz:

Furies not Furries. My bad. :hehe:

Well any way I messed it up I meant the Sisters of Fate are more powerful than Zeus. I know they control everything that happens to every Titan, God, and Mortal. I think the Furies mostly torment mortals but are viewed as equals to the Olympians.

Last edited:
He just is. I mean compare him to Thor from the comics or even the show, and you're seeing completely different portrayals. Thor is a freaking demigod that exudes power and authority and commands it when he has to, but I don't get that from him in the MCU. It's like they're scared to show how powerful he truly is. People give MOS *****, but I'll give them this; they showed you why Superman is Superman. To see his true power and even the others like Zod and Farora in action was mindblowing! That is what I want to see from Thor and the Asgardians alike. Like the fight with him and Iron Man....let's be real Thor should've been owning Iron Man without breaking a sweat, but of course they have to stroke Tony's ego ugh. I mean they did show his sheer strength when he started cracking IM armor, but still true to form it wouldn't been much of a fight. They need to let THOR BE GREAT and not paint him like a Twilight love sick alien or something. That annoys me the most. And they wonder why Loki steals the show, it's simple; he's much more intriguing and focused than Thor at the moment.

How is Thor a "Twilight love sick alien"? His relationship with Jane has always been an important part of MCU Thor's character development, since the first movie. Thor isn't supposed to be some Conan-esque barbarian, with no sensitivities whatsoever. If you think Thor is weak in the movies, fine (although I honestly can't see why), but don't blame it on an important part of his character development.

It's also funny that you bring up Loki, because Tom Hiddelston's Loki is truly pathetic when contrasted with his comic counterpart. He doesn't even have any real magic feats, aside from a few holograms and stuff.

Why should he be more powerful? As a viewer, it'd be incredibly boring to watch if he could destroy an opponent with a few hammer strikes. It's the same as Superman, while he is incredibly strong and hard to knock out, it's not as fun as a Batman fight because you know Superman is pretty much indestructible and way too powerful to relate to.

I've come up with a couple theories about how the MCU people use Thor's power.
-Yes, MCU Thor is just as powerful as his comic book counterpart. However if he were to always display such amazing godlike strength there wouldn't really be that much need for the Avengers.
-If Thor went all out he'd straight up kill all the normal human villains they face and I don't think he or atleast his Avenger comrades(especially Cap) would be happy with that.
-They save Thor's true strength for the big moments like when he's facing world ending threats 1v1 imagije him going full out facing a Chitauri soldier. Not a long fight eh? Now imagine him doing it against an Odin Force powered Loki or Surtur or even Thanos. That would be a great way to show Thor's true strength.

It's either one of those or MCU Thor just isn't as strong as comic Thor.

As far as strength speed and durability, I don't want Thor anywhere near the MoS Kryptonians. It would be the same issue as DoFP QS.

That said I'm all for a broader display of powers and the (temporary?) power up that will come in the course of Ragnarok.

I'd always imagine in Ragnarok Loki kills Odin takes the Odin force goes crazy and sets off Ragnarok. Enters a battle with Thor where Thor is forced to kill his brother or maybe the spirit of Odin comes out of Loki and into Thor allowing Thor to overcome his derranged brother and win without killing him.

I'd imagine Thor having the Odin Force would be the perfect excuse for him to stay in Asgard and gaurd it. Perhaps in Infinity War when everyone is being completely beat down by Thanos, Odin Force Thor comes in and...well Thanos isn't going to be defeated but he is going to take a serious beating.

That's just my thought though. I'm sure Marvel has much better plans(I say that alot now). Hopefully those plans involve Surtur. Surtur is long overdue.

They do the same thing in the comics, though. When Thor is fighting with the Avengers, he seems de-powered so he can fight alongside them and not make everyone else seem superfluous. In his solo comic, his power level is represented as more "God-like".
They do the same with Superman and the JLA.

That's all well and good but to be even slightly consistent, he should be shown to be holding back when fighting normal to CA-level humans. They shouldn't beat around the bush about this.

Why should he be more powerful? As a viewer, it'd be incredibly boring to watch if he could destroy an opponent with a few hammer strikes. It's the same as Superman, while he is incredibly strong and hard to knock out, it's not as fun as a Batman fight because you know Superman is pretty much indestructible and way too powerful to relate to.

I never understood the he's really powerful so he's unrelateable. Jusy as I never understood the lack of imagination that would not produce threats to a powerful hero. I actually prefer guys like Thor and Superman in some ways because of their power. Silver age Supes got out of control and modern writers seem to have the power creep disease also but the current movie versions of both characters seem pretty great to me,

Batman actually often seems less physically threatened by his rogues than Superman does to me anyway. he often has to get stupid or slip on a banana peal to give them a chance

Unless it's just supposed to be a badass moment, as opposed to a dramatic moment, your protagonist shouldn't completely dominate whatever conflict they're faced with.

All in all, it doesn't matter how powerful Thor is because the threats that the Avengers should be fighting should be pushing everyone to their limits, and instead of Thor just god-modding his way through challenges, should probably be thinking on his feet, and using those more abstract powers that some are rooting for (like portals and whatnot).

Exactly.

Yes severely underpowered and misrepresented.

Agreed. Thor in the comics can lift over 100 tons! I see no such feats of strength with the movie character. Have him lift and throw a car or something please! Thor is nearly as strong as the hulk. Make it so please.

I do think his storm powers are well done in the movies.

Thor is still the strongest Hero in the MCU at the moment. I believe if Thor wanted he could've killed Hulk on the Helicarrier in Avengers. But he didn't because Hulk was not his enemy he was trying to distract him or more so get him off the Hellicarrier. He's a literal god who will only get stronger with age. He has the most experience of all the MCU heroes as he is already by God standards hundreds of years old.

So does he need a power up? I wouldn't mind if he got one but at the moment he's as strong as he needs to be. Besides if he was as strong as he was in the comics all the time at complete and full strength there'd be no reason for him to need the Avengers and all his solo films would last like 10 minutes at most.

Thor is still the strongest Hero in the MCU at the moment. I believe if Thor wanted he could've killed Hulk on the Helicarrier in Avengers.

Yeah right,
I guess he let Hulk throw him around like a rag doll until the fighter pilot bailed him out!
Watch the end of the fight scene, Hulk wasn't breaking a sweat.

I've come up with a couple theories about how the MCU people use Thor's power.
-Yes, MCU Thor is just as powerful as his comic book counterpart. However if he were to always display such amazing godlike strength there wouldn't really be that much need for the Avengers.
-If Thor went all out he'd straight up kill all the normal human villains they face and I don't think he or atleast his Avenger comrades(especially Cap) would be happy with that.
-They save Thor's true strength for the big moments like when he's facing world ending threats 1v1 imagije him going full out facing a Chitauri soldier. Not a long fight eh? Now imagine him doing it against an Odin Force powered Loki or Surtur or even Thanos. That would be a great way to show Thor's true strength.

It's either one of those or MCU Thor just isn't as strong as comic Thor.

I think you're on to things. One of the problems for Dawn of Justice is that in trying to make Superman look all powerful in Man of Steel, they're going to have to nerf him to make the Justice League dynamic look real.

One of the most disappointing things in Avengers 1 is that the Thor vs. Hulk Fight was somewhat of a letdown. The Iron Man and Thor fight was so much better. Thor was clearly more powerful, but Tony's improvisation and superior flight and repulsor use kept the fight going. Tony knew early on that with Thor crusing his armor with his bear hands that a battle of fisticuffs wasn't going to work.

With the Avengers it's hard to keep everything in perspective. They have a guy with god like powers and they have a guy with a bow and arrow. They need to show that all the members are needed.

I just want consistency. In my opinion, Thor is powerful enough. He just hasn't performed too many feats. I believe he's capable of heavy lifting and agility in hand to hand combat. Saying he's too big would not make sense as hulk is a behemoth and very agile. Thor should be somewhat below hulk and way above cap in agility. Even Drax had better agility feats and I'm pretty sure he's below Thor physically in the MCU.

I get that it is an unwritten and unsaid note that Thor holds back. One example that i think applies is when Thor punches IM and IM barely flinches. Then when they lock arms, Thor shows its just childs play to him as he crushes his gauntlet with his fingers.

Thor is good though. Its up to the directors to choose what to do with him. I think Joss and Kenneth had the greatest displays of his abilities but they've only scratched the surface. I think AOU will treat Thor and the rest with respect.

Yeah right,
I guess he let Hulk throw him around like a rag doll until the fighter pilot bailed him out!
Watch the end of the fight scene, Hulk wasn't breaking a sweat.

I think you take it too far in the other direction. Hulk slams Thor once and then throws him away. That's the first part Hulk had any control in the fight since sucker punching Thor when the latter tried to reason with him so not really an indication of Thor needing to be bailed out. Hulk didn't make a scratch on Thor.

I don't think Thor could just decide to end the fight if he wanted, they proved to be back and forth in a fairly equal manner in that fight, but Hulk was raging and Thor was obviously not using all his powers and did still see Hulk as an ally (which might be why he started grappling with him, as he's never done that otherwise).

Mjölnir;31051869 said:
I think you take it too far in the other direction. Hulk slams Thor once and then throws him away. That's the first part Hulk had any control in the fight since sucker punching Thor when the latter tried to reason with him so not really an indication of Thor needing to be bailed out. Hulk didn't make a scratch on Thor.

I don't think Thor could just decide to end the fight if he wanted, they proved to be back and forth in a fairly equal manner in that fight, but Hulk was raging and Thor was obviously not using all his powers and did still see Hulk as an ally (which might be why he started grappling with him, as he's never done that otherwise).

Lol I see we got another one of "those guys". :whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"