TIH vs. Ang Lee's Hulk

Honestly, from the Hulk comics I've read (Lee's original run, some of PAD, Pak, and now Aaron), they really aren't all that action packed. I mean, they'll be giant gamma-enhanced battles, but the focus of pretty much every Hulk story I've read has been his psychology.

I really think all those people who complained of not enough Hulk Smash really didn't understand the character much at all.

Aye, there was plenty of Hulk smash in the two films, the problem for me was, the actual Hulk was not a character really, he wasn't talking or interacting with people, they were afraid to go that way in case it looked silly I guess. But, Whedon will pull it off, he knows his comics, and how to push something outlandish just right, so it is not silly.
People are gonna watch the Avengers, and all future hulk movies, and say, 'Why didn't they have Hulk talk and interact with people in those first two films?!'

I don't think there was much of a problem with Hulk not talking in the first film; there was already so much introspection into Bruce's mind, it really wasn't needed.

But by TIH, they definitely should've had Hulk grow as a character.

I don't think there was much of a problem with Hulk not talking in the first film....

They each have two words in their movies

Puny human
Hulk Smash.

The first one is debatable.

What's your point? :o

Ang Lee sucked and you guys know it!:woot:

The stupid cartoon frames moving around.....the endless psycho babble....if I saw one more test tube, I was gonna scream! LOL

The only redeeming thing about the Ang Hulk (not movie) was his power. He seemed stronger. His leaping ability.....the speed in his running......the tank battle!

The Incredible Hulk seemed to strain just leaping out of NY City! :doh: His anger didnt seem to make him stronger.

Why are you people so obsessed with Hulk's strength?

It's like the least interesting thing about the character. Psychobabble is at the core of who the Hulk is.

Why are you people so obsessed with Hulk's strength?

It's like the least interesting thing about the character. Psychobabble is at the core of who the Hulk is.

Because Hulk is! That's his thing!!
He doesnt have super speed. He can't defy gravity. He cant read minds or shoot beams out of eyes. Hes strong and near impervious and gets stronger with no upper limit, with anger.

"HULK SMASH??"

"HULK IS THE STRONGEST THERE IS!!"

ETC ETC......

So yes....I'm buying my movie ticket to see a lot of this!! :woot:

:bh::bh:

Last edited:
Then you're not really a fan of the Hulk.

You're a fan of an unfortunate misconception.

Whatever you say.

Last edited:
I'm Hulk-ignorant, so I get more entertainment out of Hulk smashing things and announcing it beforehand with his classic gamma-grammar.

Seriously, try reading Peter David's extensive run on the character. "Psychobabble" is 90% of what makes Hulk great.

Seriously, try reading Peter David's extensive run on the character. "Psychobabble" is 90% of what makes Hulk great.
That's exactly what I'm saying.

I haven't read a massive amount of Hulk comics, but I've read a solid amount from most eras of the Hulk's history, and that sense of psychology has always been present.

If there was one time where they shied away from his psychology, it would've been during Planet Hulk, and even in that story, it was more about character interaction and drama and social commentary than Hulk just beating things up.

MAYBE THAT'S A GREAT "READ"!! Just like a lot of things in comics, they don't translate well to a 2 hour movie! They slow it down. There was waaaaaay too much of that crap in the Ang film. And then add the Nick Nolte Absorbing man scene???

:lmao:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIGGyidGagA

Last edited:
well! You're not a serious fan!!
Um, no, he isn't. That's what he meant by calling himself "Hulk-ignorant".

And that's okay. Because he's aware of it.

Exactly. You take away all of that introspection and end up getting something like Loeb's run.:dry:

MAYBE THAT'S A GREAT "READ"!! Just like a lot of things in comics, they don't translate well to a 2 hour movie! They slow it down. There was waaaaaay too much of that crap in the Ang film. And then add the Nick Nolte Absorbing man scene???

:lmao:
But that's not what we're complaining about.

The quality of the psychobabble in the movie is debatable to be sure - and I wouldn't fault anyone for saying that it was boring, or overly complex.

But you were saying that Hulk should be all smash and strength, etc. And that's what we raised issue with.

Um, no, he isn't. That's what he meant by calling himself "Hulk-ignorant".

And that's okay. Because he's aware of it.

Is Hulk or Ang Lee your cousin or something?
:bow:

Exactly. You take away all of that introspection and end up getting something like Loeb's run.:dry:
You know what the amazing thing about Loeb's run was?

It was exactly the same as his Supergirl run. :o

But that's not what we're complaining about.

The quality of the psychobabble in the movie is debatable to be sure - and I wouldn't fault anyone for saying that it was boring, or overly complex.

But you were saying that Hulk should be all smash and strength, etc. And that's what we raised issue with.

Where did I post that?:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"