Deadpool 2 Tim Miller exits Deadpool 2

It was such an obvious troll post that it was almost funny. You aren't special just because you didn't like a popular movie. I don't care for a lot of popular movies and guess what? That doesn't make me special either. Don't get me wrong I am awesome, just not for that reason.

Last edited:
Anyone else disappointed that Rob Liefeld didn't offer any sort of support for Tim Miller (even James Gunn spent a word for Miller). I mean, it seemed like the two had a pretty good relationship, with Liefeld often visiting Blur Studio and him even recording the audio commentary together with Miller.

I think Rob Liefeld is a tool so no I'm not disappointed nor am I surprised.

Anyone else disappointed that Rob Liefeld didn't offer any sort of support for Tim Miller (even James Gunn spent a word for Miller). I mean, it seemed like the two had a pretty good relationship, with Liefeld often visiting Blur Studio and him even recording the audio commentary together with Miller.

James Gunn also wasn't related to the project.

Right now Lifeld hasn't mentioned anything and is avoiding it altogether. Which really isn't like him at all.

Though he was quiet on the Chandler Cable situation as well at first but then put the matter on his video blog show. I'm sure he is upset and probably wants to speak on the matter.

Last edited:
James Gunn also wasn't related to the project.

Right now Lifeld hasn't mentioned anything and is avoiding it altogether. Which isn't like him at all.

That was exactly my point.

What video blog show? What did he say about Kyle Chandler?

Why should Rob even comment on this? He knows both parties and is caught in the middle of this. Not to mention he's not even creatively involved in the process. Anything he would say would just cause another ruckus when that's the last thing the production needs.

Had to post this......

get

this news is a buzz kill but like some have mentioned it's Hollywood stuff like this happens all the time

Lets hope they produce another good movie

Why should Rob Liefield say anything? He might have a relationship with Ryan Reynolds and might not want to cause any tension there.

Yeah, Rob doesn't always comment on things you assume he would, considering he's got a lot of opinions. He's clearly playing the political game here.

I'd love to see Lucasfilm (or even WB) hire Tim. Have any of you guys seen some of the cinematic trailers Tim and his company have made over the years, for both franchises? Their downright gorgeous.

Why should Rob even comment on this? He knows both parties and is caught in the middle of this. Not to mention he's not even creatively involved in the process. Anything he would say would just cause another ruckus when that's the last thing the production needs.

Well he is involved in this to a certain extent as he was apart of the bonus material, was treated well by both Reynolds and Miller, welcomed on set and these are three of his his pride and joy characters . Which is why it's far easier for someone like James Gunn to speak on it.

Clearly he won't be choosing sides or burning bridges adding to the flame as he was a fan of both of them, I assume JKR meant just a simple "thank you and sad to see you go" or something along those lines. Lifeld is a pretty vocal and supportive dude, so the fact he isn't saying anything at all says alot. But yeah at this point best to stay silent and out of it regardless.

He doesn't need to get himself involved right now and cause more attention, and I'm sure he will speak up when he feels it's acceptable.

Last edited:
I just wish Ryan trusted Tim, after everything they'd been through together, getting this film made.

With Ryan's sequel deal, Fox has granted him an insane amount of clout. He was already a producer but now he even has casting approval. The studio can't cast anyone without Reynolds signing off. He could have used that power and completely backed and protected Miller and given him what he wanted.

I don't know...

:csad:

He backed Miller in the first place. Reynolds brought him on.

This was more then casting, it was said Chandler has been off the tables since before SDCC and also had to do with the studio wanting a bigger star to the role of Cable being in alot of X-Films. If Reynolds and Miller couldn't have a mutual agreement for Cable and Chandler was the only choice for Miller then things were definitely in bad shape, because there are plenty of other actors and it's not worth losing this series and the future potential.

These two were just not seeing eye to eye together for the film. If Miller left after 2 or even 3 films Reynolds will still be making these unless all goes downhill. So, Reynolds one way or the other is gonna get the film he wants. Just like he did with part 1 when he brought Miller on.

Last edited:
Well he is involved in this to a certain extent as he was apart of the bonus material, was treated well by both Reynolds and Miller, welcomed on set and these are three of his his pride and joy characters . Which is why it's far easier for someone like James Gunn to speak on it.

Clearly he won't be choosing sides or burning bridges adding to the flame as he was a fan of both of them, I assume JKR meant just a simple "thank you and sad to see you go" or something along those lines. Lifeld is a pretty vocal and supportive dude, so the fact he isn't saying anything at all says alot. But yeah at this point best to stay silent and out of it regardless.

He doesn't need to get himself involved right now and cause more attention, and I'm sure he will speak up when he feels it's acceptable.

I agree with this. Correct me if I'm wrong, and not to derail this topic, but has Liefeld said much about the Kelly/McGuiness Spidey/Deadpool series? I haven't been watching his tweets like a hawk or anything, but I don't seem to remember any interviews or comments from him on the series, which I find weird considering every issue has had multiple printings to date.

Last edited:
That's my point. He backed him in the first place BUT NOT the second place. Reynolds should have just conceded to his director and put his faith in him, like the first time around.

That's my point. He backed him in the first place BUT NOT the second place. Reynolds should have just conceded to his director and put his faith in him, like the first time around.
If Miller didn't make the movie Reynolds wanted back then, Ryan likely would have not brought him on. The script and story was already there.

Things have changed as have views sadly.
I agree with this. Correct me if I'm wrong, and not to derail this topic, but has Liefeld said much about the Kelly/McGuiness Spidey/Deadpool series? I haven't been watching his tweets like a hawk or anything, but I don't seem to remember any interviews or comments from him on the series, which I find weird considering every issue has had multiple printings to date.

I remember some stuff when it was first announced and released, but I don't recall anything recent.

But yeah that series is big.

Last edited:
We'll, I'll say this much. The pressure on Reynolds to produce a quality sequel will be tenfold now. :funny:

Deadpool 2: Motivation for & Implications of Tim Miller Leaving
[YT]pIdGpkSXT0E[/YT]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"