Titans General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Titans' started by TheOneWhoKnocks, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2kt09

2kt09 Here 'N' There

I couldn't actually tell that the actress is that much younger than him based on that.

2. godisawesome

godisawesome Well-Known Member

I think her little straight face bemusement at him makes her look like she's *acting* older which is a great idea if they actually make her younger age relative to everyone else explicit; Beast Boy can be older than her but less mature, and she can be so wise beyond her years that just seeing her reacting to him can be hilarious.

It might alos play into them having a brother and sister style relationship if he goes out of his way to try and get her more normal kid moments.

3. X Knight

X Knight Hope

that is true. and if I didn't know the ages of the actors, from that photo, I would think they are around the same age. and it helps that Ryan Potter looks younger than his age.

with that being said, in reality, there is still a 7-8 year age difference between the actors, and he's an adult and she's still a minor. so knowing that, it would "complicate" any type of romance between the 2 characters if they go that route. it just wouldn't feel right, imo.

maybe if the show lasts for many years/seasons ( and I hope it does ), and Raven actress is older ( 18 and above ), and if Ryan still looks youthful for his age, then they could bring in the romance angle.

that would be an interesting dynamic. and as I said above, they could start out as brother/sister dynamic that could turn into romance later on when they are older. Let BB get his heart broken by Terra first.......lol.

and yes, I do hope they portray Raven as mature/wise for her age in contrast to BB being older but way less much mature.

I'm really excited to see how they portray Raven, both character wise and power wise.

I first learned of the character, and became a fan, when I caught the original Titans cartoon on tv. Since then, she has become my one of my favorite DC characters. I love her power set and backstory and find her "dual" nature, her constant struggle between light and dark, very interesting.

so I hope this show does the character justice.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  4. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Well-Known Member

I have no idea who this Chief is, but he sounds like a Chief.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/titans-bruno-bichir-cast-the-chief-dc-live-action-series-1202289194/

5. zenith16

zenith16 Well-Known Member

So I found out tonight via EPN.tv aka he electric play ground with victor lucas.( who's in titally right now) that hte CW has decided o dded even more heroes show thatnk to black lighting being a hit and even though it hasregister to some psople that ththe titant show is being fo9r the web Channel Cw seed, it's still under Bertalanti. and it'd make sense To me any way to make it part ofthe Arrow verse. and line things up nicely

Any way here's the video below it'sthe third seg nment inthe video.

[​IMG]

[YT]k-ccduAzzUM[/YT]
    No Monster Hunter World for Switch - The Rundown - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Roboto !important]987 views 19 hours ago Published on 02/15/2018

[FONT=Roboto !important]Today in the Rundown, we have bad news for anyone waiting to play Monster Hunter World on the Nintendo Switch. We also get a new look at The Incredibles 2, [/FONT][/FONT]
    Have some heroic news about DC superhero shows, find out why Fox is delaying two of their biggest[FONT=Roboto !important][/FONT][FONT=Roboto !important] movies of the year, get a scary new perspective on The Evil Within 2, and finally, learn how Ubisoft is shaking up their entire development and release plans for years to come! [/FONT]

source: EPN.tv

6. NotNickFury

So more Titans casting.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/20/titans-casts-drop-dead-diva-star-as-elasti-girl/

7. brandeezy89

brandeezy89 Well-Known Member

Need a Doom Patrol spin-off. It'd be cool if the streaming service has their own universe

8. gohei_

gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

Nice, they got Alan's hot girlfriend from 2 & ½ Men :cwink:

9. Rike

Rike Crazy

10. Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie Well-Known Member

11. Deck Rickard

Deck Rickard Crashing into Blockbuster like whoa

Do the Titans and the Doom Patrol have much interaction in the comics? I'm not complaining, just a little surprised.

12. godisawesome

godisawesome Well-Known Member

Beast Boy hails from the Doom Patrol originally, so that's probably the biggest reason for the connection. I know that he definitely brought them into a few Titans arcs based off Rita being his adopted mother.

13. X Knight

X Knight Hope

is it wrong that I'm more interested and excited for this show than any other DC CW show or DCEU film?

14. NotNickFury

Not really wrong to have a preference.

On an unrelated note, hoping to see more updates from the Titans Writers Twitter handle. The writers on the DC CW Twitter handles tend to drop little tidbits every now and then.

https://twitter.com/TitansWriters

15. NotNickFury

16. Deck Rickard

Deck Rickard Crashing into Blockbuster like whoa

It's totally understandable. At this point, there are only three DC films we know are definitely happening, and that's just because they're already in production or pre-production:

• Wonder Woman
    • Aquaman
    • Shazam
    I have high hopes that all of them will be good, but at this point, who knows? The first Wonder Woman was great, but there's always the worry that the sequel won't measure up. I hope it does, but I have to admit that the recent Kristen Wiig rumor/news has me a little... concerned. Wiig is a good actress but I have a LOT of trouble picturing her as Cheetah.

Then there's Aquaman (or Broseidon). I still like Momoa but his macho bro-dog shtick is wearing a little thin on me. I get that Aquaman was a joke for years and WB wants to make him "badass", but... there's more to the character than that. But so far, that seems to be the only aspect of Arthur that they want to tap into.

And I feel like Shazam has a ton of potential, perhaps to do what DCEU's Superman couldn't; create a fun superhero who isn't angst ridden and sullen and isn't afraid to embrace the dorkier aspects of his personality. My only fear though is that they'll go TOO far in the other direction, and we'll have another campy mess on our hands (think Green Lantern).

17. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Yeah I'm anticipating this A LOT more than WW2, Aquaman, or Shazam. I'm not that hyped about any of those tbh.

18. BigSams50

BigSams50 Knight of Ren

Wondering, has there been any other news about when the first episode is supposed to air? All i can seem to find is 2018.

19. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Well-Known Member

Have they updated any information about the streaming service? Does it have a name yet?

20. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I’m looking forward to WW2 and Aquaman a lot. Not sure yet on Shazam. Broseidon, lol. :up:

21. Pennywise

Pennywise Well-Known Member

22. X Knight

X Knight Hope

wonder if we will actually get to see Bruce/Batman........

23. Juan1193

Juan1193 Well-Known Member

Nope. All we know so far is that it's set to launch in Q4 2018. So earliest is October.

We'll likely get more information at Wonder Con (end of March) and Comic Con (July).

24. KevTravels

KevTravels Well-Known Member

how big of a budget is this suppose to have? comparably to say the Netflix or CW shows?

25. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Probably in the middle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.