TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about.......cousin Kara??!! lol

For some reason I hadn't thought of this before, but I wonder if we'll get any mention of Zor-El and Alura? Not a necessity by any means, but even a mention could be a nice little touch.

What's with the scan-lines over the head and hands only?

Steve Younis over at supermanhomepage.com probably owns a copy of the actual issue and scanned it.

Last edited:
I like the blood red cape in this shot. Stands out well.

tumblr_mhd4ljcofy1ru0ez9o1_r1_1280.jpg

I remember Singer saying how silly Brandon looked when they made the shield emblem bigger than the actual size they decided on.

Last edited:
The big S probably didn't look good with that baby blue colour they used for Returns, and its alot more 3D compared to the one on Cavill. But when you put the suits next to each other is shows how ugly Returns one really was, it didn't bother me to much when it was out, but now.. 'ew'.
The new one is alot better, I only wished they toned down the muscle padding a bit more though because Cavills arm looks a little to big when you compare it to the size of his head, and you can see quite clearly he isn’t that big when ‘Clark' is in his civilian clothes, But i'm just being picky. Way to go, plus I didn’t know he was bone-ing Gina Canero! (fan boys pick for wonder woman) Dude really is a Superman!!!

The texture and colour of Cavill's cape reminds me of John Wesley Shipp's Flash costume.

Singer made the shield smaller because he thought it would make Routh's chest bigger.

The funny thing is that if it weren't for the higher ups apparently, then the MOS suit would have had the red trunks as well according to Snyder since he wanted them as a part of the design; and he did have one of his characters (Night Owl?) wear trunks for their outfit as well in "Watchmen".

Yeah, but Watchmen was part satire. Ozymandias' costume had nipples.

I think Zack Snyder said he tried the make the briefs work, but it just didn't look right for their movie.

Here's a smaller version of the poster Herolee10 posted in the none discussion thread.

2napj77.jpg

It's a good suit, but I do not love the slightly septic shade of grey-yellow they used.

Ah well, you can't have everything.

Here's a lighter version so to see outlines better.

2mc984y.jpg

tumblr_mhd4ljcofy1ru0ez9o1_r1_1280.jpg

I remember Singer saying how silly Brandon looked when they made the shield emblem bigger than the actual size they decided on.

Wow, I never really had a problem with the SR suit but comparing both makes it look like a cheap halloween costume.

supe.jpg

Routh looks comfortably the worst, to me.

For some reason I hadn't thought of this before, but I wonder if we'll get any mention of Zor-El and Alura? Not a necessity by any means, but even a mention could be a nice little touch.

I hope for that, too.

The bottom one I guess? Knowing this suit though, those aren't the colours I'm expecting to see in the film at all :oldrazz:

the bottom by far.

supe.jpg

It's funny how Routh got casted much for his likeness to Reeve. Yet I think Cavill and Reeve look way more alike.

supe.jpg

I remember back in the day before Superman Returns came out, how I grilled on the SR suit. I hated the colors, how the Blue is washed out and the red is more of a burgundy color, the manties, the symbol baby emblem.

And now, seeing the MoS suit, I don't see those faults with the SR Suit (except for the small emblem). I think it's more modern and has that comicbook feel to it.

The MoS suit, which I like and now that I'm older..... I'm more acceptable and mature about it, but the suit is too dark. If this was the suit for SR, I would have gotten a heartache.

I think that everybody is waiting for MoS to correct the crap that we got over the years for Superman that people are more acceptable with the Suit, regardless that it's missing the trunks and how dark the colors are

I remember back in the day before Superman Returns came out, how I grilled on the SR suit. I hated the colors, how the Blue is washed out and the red is more of a burgundy color, the manties, the symbol baby emblem.

And now, seeing the MoS suit, I don't see those faults with the SR Suit (except for the small emblem). I think it's more modern and has that comicbook feel to it.

The MoS suit, which I like and now that I'm older..... I'm more acceptable and mature about it, but the suit is too dark. If this was the suit for SR, I would have gotten a heartache.

That is a manip of the colors. This is the original official pic:
11w6cg4.jpg
win3fp.jpg
And this is the original none scanned pic that is from the magazine:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads