Guardians of the Galaxy To Infinity and Beyond: The Thanos Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have guess they'd do him like they did the Frost Giants in Thor. Actors in make-up but made to look bigger with CGI.

I don't get why they decided to do him in CGI for the movie, but it worked. The size that he looked when he turned around, made him look like he can take everyone on. He just looked very imposing.:eek:

How big are we talking here, like say relative to the size of the hulk in Avengers?

Was Thanos like the size of Edward Norton's Hulk?

All CGI Thanos was always the right way to go.

Im flexible about the height, but I prefer he not be hulked out. Relatively "normal" proportions, like those early concept images:

PHnKqFdxzbSzro_1_m.jpg

Im flexible about the height, but I prefer he not be hulked out. Relatively "normal" proportions, like those early concept images:

PHnKqFdxzbSzro_1_m.jpg

That is cool, is it from GOTG concept art?

It is pretty much what I would want, he looks very tall and imposing without being as you say hulked out.

Im going for/hoping for the quote is basically saying Gunn will do GOTG2 and Whedon is doing A3.

Im sure Thanos will be in A2 most likely post-credits but I think for Whedon and Gunn to be the two main deciders on the actor must mean right now both are planning on returning.

When word was out Brolin was Thanos, it said on CBM that he has a bigger role in AoU than he does in GotG

Yeah man!

Or you can post it here and not hold out on all of us :whatever:

I don't get why they decided to do him in CGI for the movie, but it worked. The size that he looked when he turned around, made him look like he can take everyone on. He just looked very imposing.:eek:

Elaborate on Size!

PHnKqFdxzbSzro_1_m.jpg

Eh? I'm not a big fan of that size. He's called the mad "titan" for a reason.

Personally I'm hoping for this size.

thanos-mwoh-1.jpg

Eh? I'm not a big fan of that size. He's called the mad "titan" for a reason.

Personally I'm hoping for this size.

thanos-mwoh-1.jpg

He's called "titan" because he's from Titan lol.

I think that other concept art is badass.

He's called "titan" because he's from Titan lol.

I think that other concept art is badass.

Well I know that lol, but the general audiene associate the term titan with massive, and originally so did Marvel in Thanos' inception. I think close to around surfer hulk size from Incredible Hulk would be ideal imo. Thanos should be massive and imposing, not regular looking with baggy attire, but that's just my opinion. :cwink:

Elaborate on Size!

How big are we talking here, like say relative to the size of the hulk in Avengers?

Was Thanos like the size of Edward Norton's Hulk?

He had some armour on. It's really hard to say what size he is. He was definately bigger than Ronan and The Other. I know people have asked me this question before. On top of my head, I'd say slightly a notch below or even the same as Hulk. It's really hard to describe his size but that's the best I can do. Sorry.:csad:

I wouldn't say as big as Hulk, I would say probably in between Hulk, and Thor, both bulk and height in terms of what I would prefer

He had some armour on. It's really hard to say what size he is. He was definately bigger than Ronan and The Other. I know people have asked me this question before. On top of my head, I'd say slightly a notch below or even the same as Hulk. It's really hard to describe his size but that's the best I can do. Sorry.:csad:

Tee, I'm sorry for drilling you with question after question about the mad titan, it's just so surreal!

Does he stand? Or his he just sitting? Also, would you say The Other was probably played by the same guy as Avengers? I liked him.

You don't need to apologize TeeKay. Everyone appreciates the little nuggets of info.

Thanks for the response man. Just one last question. Would you say he was more comparable in size to the picture I posted above or the other one?

It's pretty obvious we're getting a physically imposing looking Thanos based on Teekay's comments. I mean c'mon, do some of you need him to actually draw this out for you? Sheeeesh. LOL

Thanks for the response man. Just one last question. Would you say he was more comparable in size to the picture I posted above or the other one?

Unsure-Larry-David.gif

That is something you'd have to see for yourself.

Tee, I'm sorry for drilling you with question after question about the mad titan, it's just so surreal!

Does he stand? Or his he just sitting? Also, would you say The Other was probably played by the same guy as Avengers? I liked him.

Yes he was sitting at one point. I can't really say anymore. I don't want to get into trouble. I'm revealing way too much as it is.

Unsure-Larry-David.gif

That is something you'd have to see for yourself.

Yes he was sitting at one point. I can't really say anymore. I don't want to get into trouble. I'm revealing way too much as it is.

Don't worry, I'v learned nothing, you are pretty adept at answering the question without answering. You're not Feige are you?

Don't worry, I'v learned nothing, you are pretty adept at answering the question without answering. You're not Feige are you?

I'm just trying not to put out heavy spoilers that's all.:oldrazz: I have to be as vague as possible or I'll get into trouble. I didn't know there was this much love for the Mad Titan.

I'm just trying not to put out heavy spoilers that's all.:oldrazz: I have to be as vague as possible or I'll get into trouble. I didn't know there was this much love for the Mad Titan.

I understand, I'm impressed, if it was me I would have to just avoid the internet through fear of ruining everything.

And yeah there is lots of love for Thanos, I hope over the course of the MCU Thanos proves to be one of the best villains of all time.

I understand, I'm impressed, if it was me I would have to just avoid the internet through fear of ruining everything.

And yeah there is lots of love for Thanos, I hope over the course of the MCU Thanos proves to be one of the best villains of all time.

Was thinking of doing that but I'mm too big of a comic book geek to do that. I wanna learn more and more about these guys.:oldrazz:

Well I'm sure people will be impressed by him. He has a few lines of dialogue in the film.

I hope he is the major villain for a film before A3, possibly even not being defeated at the end, to really show his awesomeness.

I thought he looked phenomenal in the after credit scene I don't see why they had to go CGI unless they want him to be MASSIVE

either way I love Brolin and can't wait to hear him speak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"