Guardians of the Galaxy To Infinity and Beyond: The Thanos Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Other is in the movie. I'm not sure if it's still Alexis though. We won't be seeing him in A3 that's for sure.:oldrazz:

I was actually surprised to see him though. Was a pretty cool scene. Really showed how Ronan didn't take **** from nobody.

The Other is in the movie. I'm not sure if it's still Alexis though. We won't be seeing him in A3 that's for sure.:oldrazz:

GAHHH!!!! What does that mean?! I can't take the suspense!!!

I can't really say anything since it's a HUGE spoiler.:oldrazz:

Teekay, I love you man, but you're killing me with the spoilers. I guess others don't consider then as such.

Come on I'm hardly spoiling anything, I'm just teasing;)

I hope he is the major villain for a film before A3, possibly even not being defeated at the end, to really show his awesomeness.

Why not the protagonist of a movie before A3?

A Thanos movie would be the sickest thing. Imagine something akin to The Thanos Quest, set right before Avengers 3, showing him getting the last few Infinity Gems and explaining his whole relationship with Death as well as developing his own personality. Or, if you don't follow TTQ, then at least end it in the same way, as it's not only one of the most interesting sequences involving Thanos but also perfectly sets up the coming storyline:

"But she must also comprehend why I did all this! I did it for her! I loved, and still do love, my mistress, but I could not be content to be merely her slave. One such as her deserves a lover who is her equal, or better! My venture was never meant to be a threat to her! She is my lady and I love her above all else. My only wish is to be her consort, and sit at her side as an equal."
"Mistress Death says that Lord Thanos's every wish is her command. Your throne!"
"We will spend an eternity of bliss together, my love... You will see..."
"My mistress wishes to inform you if that is what you wish, that will be what is."
"Why do you still address me through your minions? I am your mate! You will talk to me directly!"
"My mistress wishes, with all due respect, to point out that with your newly acquired power, you are not her equal. You are her superior. In all ways, you are many stations above her. She is but a thread in the fabric that is yourself. It would be unseemly for even Mistress Death to address the all-powerful directly."
(Thanos blows up the minion and walks away)
"I could force her to speak directly to me. I have the power to bend even her to my will. But what good would that do? That's not the way I wanted it to be. I desire her love, not her blind subservience. How could I have miscalculated so badly?
Thanos, the master schemer and deceiver. I set out on a quest beyond the reach of any but myself, an impossible mission. And I succeeded at it. I have wrestled the reins of power from the hands of the Supreme Being. No sentient could ever dream or hope for more than I have accomplished.
Who could have guessed that becoming a God would prove to be such a hollow victory?"

Cue Thanos trying to regain Death's love with the events of Avengers 3.

The only issue is that I really doubt Marvel would want to make a movie where a genocidal purple alien is the hero, and to use efforts that could probably turn into more profit if used for a more well-known character. But in the hypothetical situation that a Thanos movie happened, it would be amazing.

Why not the protagonist of a movie before A3?

A Thanos movie would be the sickest thing. Imagine something akin to The Thanos Quest, set right before Avengers 3, showing him getting the last few Infinity Gems and explaining his whole relationship with Death as well as developing his own personality. Or, if you don't follow TTQ, then at least end it in the same way, as it's not only one of the most interesting sequences involving Thanos but also perfectly sets up the coming storyline:

I wish I would have never read this because now I want it to happen and it isn't going to.

First look at Thanos's shoulder and throne:

vj9hJ14.jpg

Hell yeah, this is happening. All we need now is the Thanoscopter.

LMAO at the Thanoscopter. Yes, we need that for when Thanos inevitably comes to Earth.

So I have some thoughts and comments regarding the fate of
The Other

So here it is.

Tee says that Ronan kills the Other. We saw how the Other was able to move around astrally etc. Let's think for a second. Does anyone really think this will be the last we've seen of the other? He seemed to have been Thanos' right hand man. We got absolutely no info on who he is. Other than Thanos' right hand man, then the result is to kill him off? And if he was dead, wouldn't that piss of Thanos? I'd be willing to bet, maybe in a post credit scene, or in gotg 2, or something he will somehow miraculously still be alive.

It just makes more sense.

Ehhh i don't think Thanos would be too bothered about the death of a sycophant.

Empire's Review said:
And ‘phantom menace’ Thanos (Josh Brolin) is an embarrassment: a lantern-jawed CG ’toon blessedly only given a minute or so of screentime.

Not the most encouraging feedback

Relax guys it's just an opinion. Maybe they did not expect him to be completely CGI.

It is worrying though when we know Marvel has not been great in the villain department

It is worrying though when we know Marvel has not been great in the villain department

Is this a joke? He's not the featured baddie protagonist, that's Ronan. How can one even rate Thanos' effectiveness when he's nothing other than a tiny role in this film.

Is this a joke? He's not the featured baddie protagonist, that's Ronan. How can one even rate Thanos' effectiveness when he's nothing other than a tiny role in this film.

I'm thinking of the future, plus you can make a villain imposing and effective in one scene. Vader was effective immediately as he walked through the door.

I'm thinking of the future, plus you can make a villain imposing and effective in one scene. Vader was effective immediately as he walked through the door.

Please don't even begin to compare Vader (who got a whole movie to be introduced with) to what Thanos has in GOTG.

I swear, one article comes out who didn't like Thanos' appearance and suddenly it's "OH EM GEE, HE SUCKS". I have to remind myself of some of the kinds of people I interact with on here.

Please don't even begin to compare Vader (who got a whole movie to be introduced with) to what Thanos has in GOTG.

I swear, one article comes out who didn't like Thanos' appearance and suddenly it's "OH EM GEE, HE SUCKS". I have to remind myself of some of the kinds of people I interact with on here.

Did I say he sucked? I said I was worried cos Marvel has only produced one great villain in all there movies and that is mostly down to the actor.

Also my point was Vader was effective immediately so i can compare.

Did I say he sucked? I said I was worried cos Marvel has only produced one great villain in all there movies and that is mostly down to the actor.

Also my point was Vader was effective immediately so i can compare.

No you can't compare. That's called Captain Hindsight. Vader was featured in an entire movie. Thanos gets 2mins.

Why don't you wait to cast worry when there's a movie that ACTUALLY features the man. I'm curious, how old are you? I'm legitimately asking.

Curious to see what Brolin has to say about the role when he has to promote Sin City 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"