To Infinity and Beyond: The Thanos Thread

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by Chewy, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcvader Lurker #1

My only issue was the change in Thanos face. He was comic accurate in Avengers and they went away ftom it. The mo cap should have no bearing in the design and I can't believe Brolin would insist on it looking more humanized. The other thing for me was i wish they had given us a taste of his power to show how dangerous he really is. His armor was awesome though.

2. Broseph44 Witness Me

Ummm did I miss something here? When exactly did Brolin "insist" on Thanos looking more humanized? Where's that quote or news? I'm honestly asking because I never heard of that happening.

3. parkerpete Registered

He's saying he doesn't believe Brolin would ask for it to be more humanized, so why did they change the design?

I agree, they made Thanos a bit bland-looking. They're gonna need to work on him before he shows up again.

4. Kurne Registered

Did Thanos sound... Human? Or was his voice slightly altered? It's my only gripe with Ultron.

5. Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

Something about him just seemed off. His voice and that smile at the end were spot-on though. Loved that.

6. Broseph44 Witness Me

Your gripe with Ultron's voice is based off of earthly footage shown at SDCC that may not be what the final product sounds like. So maybe wait a bit until a more official trailer or something? Just a thought. I know people here love to jump to conclusions and worry immediately though so by all means have fun with that one if you wish haha.

7. Dr. Evil Registered

Thanos isn't a one and done character, so whatever problems they may have with his voice in the film will be fixed.

8. KINGTHANOS Registered

He looked amazing imo. They got his proportions down perfect from the traditional look. He looked massive. The only thing I would change is darken the hue of his skin colour to how it was at the end of Avengers, and do something about his eyes, because they look far too soft and forgiving for my liking.

Brolin was excellent with his lines as well. Loved this one:

"Fail me again, and I will bathe the star-ways in your blood."

9. AlexanderLykins Registered

His voice was great, now fix his darn look. He needs his gloves and he needs to ditch the black eyebrows.

10. AlexanderLykins Registered

The eyes were another issue I had. Too human looking.

11. AlexanderLykins Registered

His size was good. I agree with the tone of his skin being too light.

12. KDM1986 Midnight Sons Founder

I thought he looked awesome! Sounded great too!

13. The Endless WE are Groot

Yea, only issue i have is the tone of purple.

14. KINGTHANOS Registered

Have you seen the movie yet? He definitely looks better in motion, but yeah the colour hue and eyes should be fixed. I actually didn't even notice the eyebrows but maybe they gave them to him to help give Brolin expression for his performance.

Brolin seems so stoked about this that I imagine he's going to try and make Thanos the greatest villain in a ************** since Heath Ledger's performance as Joker. He'll need to add a ****load of depth and uniqueness to the role in order to beat Spader's Ultron though, from what I've heard.

15. AlexanderLykins Registered

I'm torn on Thanos fight now. I need to see more of him.

16. The Endless WE are Groot

He needs refinement in his look, but i think they nailed the personality. He seems rather amused at Ronan's anger and goals, like destroying entire civilizations is nothing but childs play to him. You can tell Thanos has more lofty goals.

17. Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

I love how he seemed to pay no mind to fact that Ronan murdered the other

18. Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

Um, he pretty much looks comic accurate in the film. Most people are going to assume it's the same actor.

19. JLMHodge Registered

I wouldn't exactly call his look in this film 'comic accurate'. I also felt he looked a bit too human looking with with eyes, and his purple could've been a bit darker. That being said, Josh Brolin was a great choice for the character when it came to the voice and his smile.

20. The Endless WE are Groot

Yea i think they should tone down the purple and give him more alien eyes. I loved his dialogue though. Like something from a Jim Starlin comic.

21. JLMHodge Registered

Yeah definitely. Must've been great for him to see his character on the big screen.

22. MahvelBaby! Registered

Im sure Thanos will look slightly different / better in each film he shows up in,I was fine with him in this, and ummmm he seemed pretty comic accurate to me, purple check, big chin check, armor check......

23. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P)

I remember talk of another Thanos scene, that didn't appear in the film. Was it cut, or made up?

24. The Endless WE are Groot

If you're thinking of a scene where he confronts the Collector for the Aether, it was made up.

25. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P)

Thank you. :up:

Also, I just came up with this theory I am quite in love with. With the chances that there will be six Phase 3 films before A3, how cool would it be if each film had a scene where Thanos collects a Stone? They could all be the mid-credit or end credit sequences even.

#975 DarthSkywalker, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.