To me My X-men - The MCU Director Thread

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
I just saw the woman king and I thought that was incredibly well done especially with a big cast. I would love to see Gina Prince-Bythewood get the gig.

From those poll choices, I definitely don't want Peyton Reed.

No to the Russo's?

They directed the best MCU movies.

They directed one great MCU movie. It is highly debatable on the quality of their other movies. And add in their post Avengers work, well, I would like a better director, thank you very much.

They directed one great MCU movie. It is highly debatable on the quality of their other movies. And add in their post Avengers work, well, I would like a better director, thank you very much.

Lmao, one?

Endgame, Infinity War and Winter Soldier are all great. (Only Civil War was less than great).

If anyone put all three in their top 5 mcu few would even question it.

Lmao, one?

Endgame, Infinity War and Winter Soldier are all great. (Only Civil War was less than great).

If anyone put all three in their top 5 mcu few would even question it.
Yeah I don't get how it was just 1... like Winter soldier was the best mcu movie for a while, then we got Endgame. Infinity war and Civil war are pretty high in my mcu rankings as well.

Its not like they directed 1 great film and then delivered a Love and Thunder/Iron Man 2.

The only reason I wouldn't hire them is to give someone a chance. But I'd rather hire them than someone who has Zero eXperience directing a Marvel or an action film.

Infinity War and Endgame are reasons why they should not be given an ensemble cast in a movie. Everyone loves to complain about how few people got focus in the Fox films, and yet, the Russos are just as bad, if not worse.

Infinity War and Endgame are terrible as a duology.

Infinity War and Endgame were great. Russo Brothers did a good job handling 100 characters in 2 movies.

I just don't see how those movies treated its cast worse than X1, X3, First Class, DOFP, Apocalypse and Dark PhoeniX, all of those featured a smaller amount of characters... like c'mon.

Who in the main Avengers got a treatment as bad as Rogue, Cyclops, Storm, Psylocke, Angel, Jubilee.... Even the likes of Hawkeye, Vision and Scarlet Witch got a better role than Iceman, Beast, Nightcrawler and Shadowcat.

Infinity War and Endgame are reasons why they should not be given an ensemble cast in a movie. Everyone loves to complain about how few people got focus in the Fox films, and yet, the Russos are just as bad, if not worse.

Infinity War and Endgame are terrible as a duology.

They're the most successful CBM's in history and critics loved them.

Making Thanos essentially the main character of IW and action packed chase movie that ended with a grim cliffhanger was a stroke of genius.

So was making Endgame a loveletter to the fans and victory lap for Marvel. And it was one of the most crowd pleasing movies ever made.

Yeah it's hard to imagine Avengers 3 and 4 being more successful with audiences, fans and critics.

Its definitely a weird take that the cast of Endgame/Infinity War are handled worse than foX's Marvel films... like foX Marvel film are we talking about?

I still don't remember a X-Men film that had Cyclops, Rogue, Storm in a great role?

They're the most successful CBM's in history and critics loved them.

Making Thanos essentially the main character of IW and action packed chase movie that ended with a grim cliffhanger was a stroke of genius.

So was making Endgame a loveletter to the fans and victory lap for Marvel. And it was one of the most crowd pleasing movies ever made.

Yeah it's hard to imagine Avengers 3 and 4 being more successful with audiences, fans and critics.

Yeah, all that "great character work" with Thanos? Completely and utterly ignored in the next damn film. The split of the characters did not work. Wanda and Vision were completely ignored for the vast majority, when they were supposed to play the important part in the final act. The Thor stuff was they type of explainer stuff they flat out did not do in the next movie, hell, even in IW given some of the questions that they keep having to explain.

It was all spectacle and fanservice. Forgive me if I want X-men to be a bit more than that.

Yeah, all that "great character work" with Thanos? Completely and utterly ignored in the next damn film. The split of the characters did not work. Wanda and Vision were completely ignored for the vast majority, when they were supposed to play the important part in the final act. The Thor stuff was they type of explainer stuff they flat out did not do in the next movie, hell, even in IW given some of the questions that they keep having to explain.

It was all spectacle and fanservice. Forgive me if I want X-men to be a bit more than that.

People obviously enjoy crowd pleasing and fan service to a large degree. The three most successful CBM's are Endgame, Infinity War and No Way Home.

And they are capable of more as shown with Winter Soldier.

Infinity War juggled its massive cast far better then any X-Men movie ever did under Fox. Endgame as well. The Avengers movies in general have always done a better job, which is why I am so happy the X-Men are under Marvel Studios.

I would be more than fine with the Russo Brothers directing, depending on the story.

Still doesn't eXplain why you think Marvel Studios is worse than foX... of all cbms out there.

Still doesn't eXplain why you think Marvel Studios is worse than foX... of all cbms out there.

Simple, I enjoyed the vast majority of Fox X-men movies more than the majority of MCU movies, which I fully admit is not a judgement on quality.

However, I genuinely hate Infinity War, one of the worst movies I had to sit through.

Last edited:
People obviously enjoy crowd pleasing and fan service to a large degree. The three most successful CBM's are Endgame, Infinity War and No Way Home.

And they are capable of more as shown with Winter Soldier.
To be fair, they've shown they are capable of far worse. The Gray Man was a special kind of awful in multiple ways. And that was their latest work.

X-Men needs folk who understand character and themes. And the majority of Russos movies have been lacking in that imo.

To be fair, they've shown they are capable of far worse. The Gray Man was a special kind of awful in multiple ways. And that was their latest work.

X-Men needs folk who understand character and themes. And the majority of Russos movies have been lacking in that imo.

What about themes of creeping fascism in Winter Soldier? That movie was down right prophetic. So they can tackle these issues when they need to.

Not to mention they're proud members of the LGBT community so I'm sure they won't shy away from themes of bigotry in X-men. They even squeezed an LGBT character into Endgame.

I'm not sure why you"d focus on a Netflix movie instead of four well regarded and record breaking MCU movies they did.

Simple, I enjoyed the vast majority of Fox X-men movies more than the majority of MCU movies, which I fully admit is not a judgement on quality.

However, I genuinely hate Infinity War, one of the worst movies I had to sit through.

I'm not sure what to say but 85% of MCU fans probably put Infinity War in their top ten.

It's the 2nd most successful comic book movie in history.

I mean I hate Spider-man 2 but I can easily acknowledge the consensus is it's a top 5 comic book movie.

What about themes of creeping fascism in Winter Soldier? That movie was down right prophetic. So they can tackle these issues when they need to.

Not to mention they're proud members of the LGBT community so I'm sure they won't shy away from themes of bigotry in X-men. They even squeezed an LGBT character into Endgame.

I'm not sure why you"d focus on a Netflix movie instead of four well regarded and record breaking MCU movies they did.

You can't be serious. The themes of Winter Soldier is ruined by "oops, evil organization". Redford's character loses any connection to the government the moment he says Hail Hydra.

Lets not get into the Marvel rep game, shall we. It is not the argument you think you are making.

I think they are bad directors. I have told you why. You are free to disagree. I have enough concern about a CCP approved X-men without wanting to concern myself with the various bad directors the MCU has.

You can't be serious. The themes of Winter Soldier is ruined by "oops, evil organization". Redford's character loses any connection to the government the moment he says Hail Hydra.

Lets not get into the Marvel rep game, shall we. It is not the argument you think you are making.

I think they are bad directors. I have told you why. You are free to disagree. I have enough concern about a CCP approved X-men without wanting to concern myself with the various bad directors the MCU has.

Are you serious?

Infinity War, the worst MCU movie? On what planet? Bizarro World?

The consensus is it's a top 5 MCU movie. In fact, I checked the top 5 CBM thread and it ranks high there too along with TDK and SM2.

Regarding Hydra's coup vs January 6th, you may not be aware but one of the major reasons it took so long for the national guard to arrive at the capitol was that generals at the pentagon were fearful that Trump would re-purpose the military at the capitol and basically install himself as dictator. In Winter Soldier, Cap tries to stop Hydra from repurposing national security apparatus to take control.

From Just Security news article:

According to a report released last month, Christopher Miller, who served as acting Secretary of the Defense on Jan. 6, told the Department’s inspector general that he feared “if we put U.S. military personnel on the Capitol, I would have created the greatest Constitutional crisis probably since the Civil War.” In congressional testimony, he said he was also cognizant of “fears that the President would invoke the Insurrection Act to politicize the military in an anti-democratic manner” and that “factored into my decisions regarding the appropriate and limited use of our Armed Forces to support civilian law enforcement during the Electoral College certification.

Do you need Trump's coup attempt to involve helicarriers to see the similarities?

So the guys who directed some of the best Marvel movies in history are bad directors but not the guy who directed Superman Returns and X-men Apocalypse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"