• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight To Those Who Knock BOF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qui Gon Ducard

Your Lord God Almighty
Reaction score
Ok, getting a bit fed up with people on here knocking BOF, didnt say a word till I read this...http://www.batman-on-film.com/mailbag23_09302006.html and all I can think of is one thing.....Here's the internet...go get yourselves some ' inside sources' and produce your own website. Don't come back with the 'yeah I can do it' crap....do it and prove yourself. Until then shut the feck up. Ok Jett has not been on the ball totaly since he never saw the Ledger casting coming...but who did? and maybe news has been a bit sparce these last few months, but have you seen anything 'big' posted on other sites? Nope? didnt think so. So come on then put up your own site or Shut The Feck Up and get off the guys back. And for those more 'mature' of you (yawn) I'm not Jett or his boyfriend or a warner bros ass lick, just a guy who likes BOF and is totaly fed up with losers who moan yet cannot do better themselves.

I second that...*smack*......?

I like BOF. I think anyone who puts the site down really needs to look at every other news site on the internet. You wouldn't believe how many reports come out to be false. I think Jett's entitled to be wrong at times. Besides, he does state that everything he puts on his site is rumors. If people can't read that, then they need to quit looking at the internet.

That's why I dont pay attention to the Batman haters,Katie haters,Ledger haters,Bale,Nolan haters,BOF haters you name it.
They come in different forms, think they're the Batman experts when in reality they need to grow up and get a hobby or a happy life.

Hmm. I laughed. :o

I think most of the hate is coming from the fact that a lot of things Jett had reported have flat out been way off. Yes, it is a rumor site. But BOF has gained a rep over the past few years, and when he says "I got this from a VERY reliable source..." usually the lot takes that certain rumor to a high regard. And when even THAT becomes false, disappointment falls on all of us.

I think it really blew up right around when Heath got cast, and this was coming off months and months of BOF saying Hulme was at least a top contender....then a few weeks later Hulme himself said he wasn't even highly considered.

Qui Gon Ducard said:
Ok, getting a bit fed up with people on here knocking BOF, didnt say a word till I read this...http://www.batman-on-film.com/mailbag23_09302006.html and all I can think of is one thing.....Here's the internet...go get yourselves some ' inside sources' and produce your own website. Don't come back with the 'yeah I can do it' crap....do it and prove yourself. Until then shut the feck up. Ok Jett has not been on the ball totaly since he never saw the Ledger casting coming...but who did? and maybe news has been a bit sparce these last few months, but have you seen anything 'big' posted on other sites? Nope? didnt think so. So come on then put up your own site or Shut The Feck Up and get off the guys back. And for those more 'mature' of you (yawn) I'm not Jett or his boyfriend or a warner bros ass lick, just a guy who likes BOF and is totaly fed up with losers who moan yet cannot do better themselves.

Don't be a lapdog......calm down. Sheesh... :huh:

BOF hasn´t always been right, but the site has always been honest about a rumor being that, a rumor, and people seem not to see the difference between rumor and news anyway. Jett would report Bettany being considered for Joker as a rumor, and people would go away with it and argue and speculate violently as if the guy himself had mentioned auditions and meetings for the part. If you kept track, there were reports on BOF prior to Ledger´s announcement of people like Hulme and Bettany saying things like "they haven´t contacted me" or "it´s just speculation" and people would just ignore it. Then, when Ledger was announced, people react like Jett had flet out lied to them, when he was clear about reporting nothing but rumours.

Like I said before, there are some things Jett says clearly "take this as a grain of salt", and then there are times when he implies this is more than just rumor. The Bettany and Hulme thing weren't just mentioned once, it was going on for more than half a year. From Nolan's statements, seemed like Ledger was his choice from the get-go, which is why a lot of people are puzzled at why BOF of all people missed that.

Crooklyn said:
Like I said before, there are some things Jett says clearly "take this as a grain of salt", and then there are times when he implies this is more than just rumor. The Bettany and Hulme thing weren't just mentioned once, it was going on for more than half a year. From Nolan's statements, seemed like Ledger was his choice from the get-go, which is why a lot of people are puzzled at why BOF of all people missed that.
But again, it was always mentioned as a rumor. As Jett reported, Hulme indeed meet with a Batman movie producer, Chuck Roven, and they did discuss Joker, even though it wasn´t the purpose of the meeting. I don´t remember Nolan saying anything that clearly implied he didn´t consider anyone else.

Jett is good with news and rumours.... but his recent and past "There will be news!" thing is what really bothers me... dont waste peoples time just to get them on your site. Let the REAL news surprise, not this useless report on absolutely nothing. If he knew what that "news" was regarding and stated what, then it would be different.

Alright, it's always been mentioned as rumor. But whenever something true does happen, Jett fails to let us forget that he reported it and kinda comes off as gloating. I'm sure that's annoyed a few readers when he makes it a point that he was a right on a certain ocassion, going as far to providing a direct link to the article, and then completely ignoring all the things he was wrong about.

As for Nolan, he was asked about Penn being approached for Joker first (as BOF reported), and he flat out denied that. He might've "considered" others, but if the first person he asked got cast, that's implied said person was the first choice for the director.

Crooklyn said:
Alright, it's always been mentioned as rumor. But whenever something true does happen, Jett fails to let us forget that he reported it and kinda comes off as gloating. I'm sure that's annoyed a few readers when he makes it a point that he was a right on a certain ocassion, going as far to providing a direct link to the article, and then completely ignoring all the things he was wrong about.

As for Nolan, he was asked about Penn being approached for Joker first (as BOF reported), and he flat out denied that. He might've "considered" others, but if the first person he asked got cast, that's implied said person was the first choice for the director.
He denied that, but he didn´t say Ledger was the first he asked.

Qui Gon Ducard said:

Jett, when did you get a new user name? :huh:

ultimatefan said:
BOF hasn´t always been right, but the site has always been honest about a rumor being that, a rumor, and people seem not to see the difference between rumor and news anyway. Jett would report Bettany being considered for Joker as a rumor, and people would go away with it and argue and speculate violently as if the guy himself had mentioned auditions and meetings for the part. If you kept track, there were reports on BOF prior to Ledger´s announcement of people like Hulme and Bettany saying things like "they haven´t contacted me" or "it´s just speculation" and people would just ignore it. Then, when Ledger was announced, people react like Jett had flet out lied to them, when he was clear about reporting nothing but rumours.

:up:

To be honest BOF has really gone down the pan recently, barley any of the roumers turn out to be true, he claims to have many inside sources saying who is so close to signing as the joker, yet none of them do (surley if hes so in with warners and has so many people ready to leak to him he would have got a hint of the ledger casting) the site is totally awful to navigate, the amount of pop up advertisements on the pages. The site really feels like one big advertisement. One more thing he's reviewing other films now, not just superhero films (that i understand) but this week a review of Jackass 2. Who on earth really goes onto BOF to read a review of Jackass 2?

The site has sold out, i used to be a regular on there, but the pop up's, Jetts own self worshipping of himself, just made me think.....nah

The truth is, I find Jett kind of annoying. He likes to pat himself on the back a lot and peddle BOF as something bigger than it is, but despite all of that, he still runs the best Batman movie website on the net. Not only the best, but the only one even worthy of mentioning. No, he's not infailable, but he's honest about what should be regarded as rumour and what shouldn't be--and frankly, he doesn't deserve some of the flack he gets. People act as if he owes them something which is just stupid; the guy is dedicating his time to Batman films, and if he gets it wrong sometimes, big freaking deal.

I love Batman on Film and have absolutely no malicious intent when I criticize them. The fact of the matter is, their reports as of late have been highly frustrating because quite a bit of it has been turning out false. I have a right to my opinion.

I respect Jett greatly for what he's doing and check his site religiously. However, there's nothing wrong with pointing out when the guy is completely wrong.

Jett (or Qui Gon Ducard) think he's the biggest Batfan out there. And I know he reports rumors, but he reports EVERYTHING HE HEARS. And it keeps getting worse.

If Chris Nolan was doing press for The Prestige and was asked what he next project is, and said it was The Dark Knight, Jett would pop in and say, "Nolan has just stated publicly that his next project is TDK! This means he STILL plans on making it! Stay tuned for more BIG NEWS coming in!"

Or he'll randomly come up with something like "Hey there, BOF'ers. A very trusted source of mine has just informed me that he's hearing some scuttlebutt surrounding the name "Catherine Zeta Jones" for the role of The Penguin. I don't know if there's any truth for this, so take it with a grain of salt. Stay tuned for some HUGE news in 6 months!"

I love BOF........everyone who doesn't like it.....well....maybe your not a Bat-fan.

The site is for Bat-fans. SHH is for ALL fans. Not one in particular. Psychos, like the one who wrote that email to Jett, need to figure that little riddle out.

While the news has been lame lately, the rest of the site with existing info is great. That's for sure.

Before there was SHH, there was BOF...for me atleast...

Qui Gon Ducard said:

I agree and everyone who complains about BOF should ****.

theShape said:
Jett (or Qui Gon Ducard) think he's the biggest Batfan out there. And I know he reports rumors, but he reports EVERYTHING HE HEARS. And it keeps getting worse.

If Chris Nolan was doing press for The Prestige and was asked what he next project is, and said it was The Dark Knight, Jett would pop in and say, "Nolan has just stated publicly that his next project is TDK! This means he STILL plans on making it! Stay tuned for more BIG NEWS coming in!"

Or he'll randomly come up with something like "Hey there, BOF'ers. A very trusted source of mine has just informed me that he's hearing some scuttlebutt surrounding the name "Catherine Zeta Jones" for the role of The Penguin. I don't know if there's any truth for this, so take it with a grain of salt. Stay tuned for some HUGE news in 6 months!"
If he reported everything he heard, there would probably be five updates a day or something. He has inside sources within the studio but those sources have their own interest, even sometimes to mislead the fans, so not everything that they say can be trusted. He still got more things right about BB than anyone on the net, and the same likely will happen to TDK. At least he´s honest when something is to be taken with a grain of salt, when the Internet is loaded with bogus rumors that claim to be gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"