Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wow: Excuse me while I pick my tongue up off the floor.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Mr. Hiddlestone should sport that look all the time. Black hair, combed back, and clean shaven. :hrt::up:

:wow: Excuse me while I pick my tongue up off the floor.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Mr. Hiddlestone should sport that look all the time. Black hair, combed back, and clean shaven. :hrt::up:

Unless he happens to be blond, curly headed and clean shaven...

blondcurleyhair.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Or red haired and bearded...

redhairandbeard.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tom is blessed with something far more useful than your standard, run-of-the-mill, leading man good looks. An imperfect, interesting, malleable face is, in my opinion, a much better tool for an actor to have at his disposal.

Just this week I was telling my cousin that if she were to look at any twenty pictures of Tom Hiddleston she'd see fifteen different people. A slight exaggeration, perhaps, but point made.

(Sorry about those extra image tags! I'll figure it out.)

Last edited:
You guys make it very hard to have lustful fixations with any other male celebrity but Tom.

Unless he happens to be blond, curly headed and clean shaven...

Tom is blessed with something far more useful than your standard, run-of-the-mill, leading man good looks. An imperfect, interesting, malleable face is, in my opinion, a much better tool for an actor to have at his disposal.

So true. It's amazing how he can change his looks. I'd see him in another show and probably think there was something familiar about him, but I wouldn't recognize him right off the bat. But now that I'm familiar with the name, I could spot him among the cast.

This is nice. A bit curly, but that's his hairs natural state.

You guys make it very hard to have lustful fixations with any other male celebrity but Tom.

:oldrazz: But why would you want to?

Anyway, it's easy for me. I have a whole playlist on my you tube channel dedicated to Johnny Depp. :awesome:

Saw this on twitter the other day:

BKz_QghCEAEhWqY.jpg:large

:pal:

So funny - and so true! For the longest time I studied his face to try to determine what it was that made it so fascinating. Finally I noticed how asymmetrical it was. His right side (left in the picture) is much more open and 'approachable'. That eye is slightly larger with a more deeply sloping eyebrow. Glad to see I'm not the only one obsess, ah... observant enough to notice such things. :cwink:

I was going to say that maybe Tom's face reflects the duality of his personality. I still think there's a bit of Tom in Loki. I mean he seems like a good guy most of the time, but we all have a darker, more hostile side to our personalities.

I have to say...this interview for the first Thor makes it rather hard to watch Tom as the interviewer is a bit on the flaky side.

This would be my greatest fear going to a convention, to meet someone trying to cosplay as their favorite character and failing miserably at it.

Last edited:
In regards to Thor 2, I think Sutur will make an appearance, either at the end or after the credits. This will set up Thor 3 in the sense that Loki strikes a deal with Sutur to bring him to Asgard, Sutur ends up "killing" Odin, and it would leave the throne for Thor (finally).

I've been reading a lot lately about who will die in Thor 2....
We know from the one stuntman that Frigga (the mom) dies. Since she's not a major character, I doubt this is the only death. Odin seems far more likely. I would say it's Loki (given Thor's threat to him at the end of the trailer and the fact that he does "kill" him in the comic books), but they already "killed" Loki at the end of the first Thor movie. To do it again is kind of redundant. Give someone else a chance to be dead and come back in a spectacular fashion!

I think that Loki might die in the future and hopefully in an act of self sacrifice once he realizes what he's done. The dramatic possibilities are scintillating as Loki switches from destructive fury to anguished, remorseful realization.

Just read this and it might fascinate all of you but it's been rumored that Tom is interested in playing the same role the late Brandon Lee played in an adaptation of The Crow graphic novel.

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/artic...-lead-relativitys-crow-reboot-exclusive-86876

This could be a very interesting role as Eric Draven's world is a very dark world of vengeance after his true love is violently taken from him. The story behind the graphic novel itself was that James O'Barr wrote it as a cathartic release for his grief after his real life fiance was killed in a car crash with a drunk driver. The whole core of the Crow is a particularly emotionally deep one that explores undying grief and anger that I'm sure Tom will find quite an experience.

Not gonna lie, The Crow is definitely going to take Tom in some pretty disturbing emotional directions considering the story. I'm sure they'll be able to film the scenes between Eric and Shelly that they couldn't film because of Brandon Lee's death. But it'll be an emotional ride for sure going from the tenderness of those scenes to the brutality of what the Crow is and what he stands for.

Last edited:
I think that Loki might die in the future and hopefully in an act of self sacrifice once he realizes what he's done. The dramatic possibilities are scintillating as Loki switches from destructive fury to anguished, remorseful realization...

If he has to go, I suppose that would be the way to do it - but not one second before he fulfills every last bit of his multipicture contract! :woot:

Regarding his possible casting as Eric Draven in The Crow, this was all the news while it lasted. Within a day or two, Tom was supplanted by Alexander Skarsgard as front runner for the role. He in turn was later usurped by Luke Evans, who finally got the part. This might have been interesting. I'm not a Crow fan, but even the diehards who were against any idea of a reboot were at least excited about Tom playing the part.

In terms of his future roles, I'm really stoked about 'Close Enough', a film about the life (and death I suppose) of Hungarian war photographer Robert Capa, famous for his work during WWII and the Spanish Civil War. Tom has been cast in the lead role. Capa's real life love interest, fellow photographer Gerda Taro, will be played by Haley Atwell. This project seems to have the combination of 'meat' (substance) and mass appeal that might finally bring Tom the wider ranging recognition he deserves.

(Hoping one day not to have to answer 'Tom who?' in everyday conversation. :cwink: )

Regarding his possible casting as Eric Draven in The Crow, this was all the news while it lasted. Within a day or two, Tom was supplanted by Alexander Skarsgard as front runner for the role. He in turn was later usurped by Luke Evans, who finally got the part. This might have been interesting. I'm not a Crow fan, but even the diehards who were against any idea of a reboot were at least excited about Tom playing the part.

I am pretty familiar with The Crow, mostly from the death of Brandon Lee. But the one thing that I do know gave my youngest sister and I the greatest joy was the death of the character called Skank. We would often quote his line "Skank's gonna die." many many times and chuckle.

Regardless of who gets the role I hope he does a good job.

Time to arouse those feelies again! :word:

Damn you...>_<

The fact that that girl was able to hop that fence made my heart leap in my chest and mentally gasp with worry. Imagine if she was a violent, stalker type with a rabid obsession, you know the kind most sane people slap restraining orders on, with the intention of harming Tom? The fact the girl didn't see anything wrong with her actions is a bit troublesome to me. It calls to my mind several years ago when during a concert in Mexico Tarja Turunen, formerly of Nightwish, was attacked by a fan on stage. I watched a camera phone video of the incident and it was pretty terrifying. Not quite a ringing endorsement for visiting that country either in my opinion too, but that's just me. I'm sure that owed a lot to Tarja leaving the band. But anyways, the fans should not be allowed to get as close as this girl did regardless of whether or not she had harmful intentions.

Last edited:
You'll hate me for this. :hehe:

Oh. mah. gawd.

He is such a classy guy. Graceful and elegant. No effort. No pretense. It's just who he is.

Did I mention graceful and elegant?

Who else could make a jog up the steps look so good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"