Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 2

I certainly can't see where the film's version of Odin portrays him as any of those things. If anything, he was just being a dukee in TDW on account of what happened with Frigga & everything else that had occurred up to that point.

Loki really has no one to blame but himself...and perhaps Thor's early arrogance.

What did Loki do with Odin? Imprison him in a cell or perhaps he imprisoned Odin in the thing Sif & whats his face gave Deltoro's character in GOTG? Maybe we will see Odin again in GOTG or we won't see him again until Avengers 3.

If you go by the interviews (more specifically Anthony Hopkins himself), Odin is dead.

If you go by the interviews (more specifically Anthony Hopkins himself), Odin is dead.

Might that just be Hopkins' interpretation? Thor 3 is being written as we speak, so there is nothing really official in that Hopkins interview.

I would hope that if Hopkins wants out that badly he'll at least be open to returning in the third film for a proper send-off.

I would hope that if Hopkins wants out that badly he'll at least be open to returning in the third film for a proper send-off.

I agree. With Loki in disguise as Odin, how could they not need him for at least a few moments (if they want to do it the right way)?

You're referring to that MTV interview right? The thing is, you kind of have to watch the actual video since sites didn't really write in their articles exactly what he says. They have him quoted as saying along the lines of "He's dead. I've done two, that's enough."

What he really says in the actual video (emphasis by me): "Maybe, maybe Odin dies, I don't know. I've done two, that's enough."

(note: and he says that in kind of a light-hearted manner, so I wouldn't necessarily take it that he wants out of the franchise yet - though if he did, I think they could work around it)

Side note: even the director seems, from what I can tell actually watching it, misquoted on sites in regards to that that interview - what they credit to him saying about Odin I think is actually more about Loki and about their decision to kill him (Loki) off and then have that big reveal at the end.

Right now, I would take Feige as the "Word of God" on the topic which is simply "We have very good ideas whether the All-Father is with us or not." and he's left it at that... which tells me his fate has been left ambiguous very much on purpose.

Right now, I would take Feige as the "Word of God" on the topic which is simply "We have very good ideas whether the All-Father is with us or not." and he's left it at that... which tells me his fate has been left ambiguous very much on purpose.

This.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"