Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God, it's funny and true. That near one minute scene showed more emotion and passion than all the Twilight movies combined.

I'm posting a Youtube link to this sneak peak scene from Only Lovers Left Alive because such a passionate near minute needs repeating. That and I need to post the best Youtube comment ever in context.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axFKesdv18A

Steve Foot
"57 seconds and they already conveyed more emotion than 4 twilight films"

- Bar none the best comment ever on Youtube.

This explains the hair. Right into one movie from another.

This explains the hair. Right into one movie from another.

I know for a fact that Tom's Thor 'do' is a wig. Pretty sure the other one is too. Sometime last year I read a tweet from a wigmaker (actually, I think she was a wig stylist). She had attached a picture showing some long, dark tresses on a wig stand and said something to the effect that Tom would be using it for an upcoming role. If memory serves me correctly, she said it was similar to the wig Tom would be using in Thor - which probably means that the one in the picture was for Only Lovers Left Alive. If you're very interested I'll try to find the link - but it'll take a little digging.

I can't blame him for going this route. He went back and forth between various hair colors and lengths a couple of years ago and it damaged his hair pretty badly.

He's also got a receding hairline. He's probably doesn't want to go bald or become a prime candidate for the Hair Club for Men.

Aw, come now. I think his hair just looks like that because of how it was slicked back. Even so if Tom were to start losing his hair, there's no shame in getting hair replacement if that's what he feels is his best option.

Aw, come now. I think his hair just looks like that because of how it was slicked back. Even so if Tom were to start losing his hair, there's no shame in getting hair replacement if that's what he feels is his best option.

No, no shame in it. But the slicked back hair does reveal a receding hairline. Just my observation.

Regardless, he's still too hot (as Loki, I mean). I think this look works for him. Keep the black hair, comb it back, and no facial hair.

No, no shame in it. But the slicked back hair does reveal a receding hairline. Just my observation.

You're right. Tom himself is open about it. He describes himself as having a "...very slowly receding hairline". And like you said, there is no shame in it. Guys who are honest about their hair, or lack thereof, can be very, very hot.

Hey, as long as there's no 'comb over' action, Tom is okay with me. :cwink:

Speaking of his hair, anyone get a sneak peek of other screen shots of Loki in the new film? All I've seen is the one from the trailer.

I wouldn't mind if the entire time Loki and Thor are teamed together we get a running gag of Loki calculating whether or not he can betray Thor at this specific moment only for Thor to already have his hammer out and a glare on his face. Teeth clenched teamwork is always the most fun.

And some of us have already figured that while Thor tackles Kurze in a physical smack down, we'll get to see more of a magic battle between Malekith and Loki, with Loki explicitly having a reason for targeting Malekith instead of running away, possibly his adopted mother's death.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Malekith blast Loki with some kind of Frost Giant-derived attack because he thinks Loki's just a bad Asgardian, only for Loki to go blue and give him an epic troll grin before taking him down.

I wouldn't mind if the entire time Loki and Thor are teamed together we get a running gag of Loki calculating whether or not he can betray Thor at this specific moment only for Thor to already have his hammer out and a glare on his face. Teeth clenched teamwork is always the most fun..

Ha, absolutely! And Loki is so accustomed to underestimating Thor, it'd be great to see Thor a chess move or two ahead for a change.

I'm not familiar with Alan Taylor's previous work. Here's hoping that he has a sense of humor.

I wouldn't mind if the entire time Loki and Thor are teamed together we get a running gag of Loki calculating whether or not he can betray Thor at this specific moment only for Thor to already have his hammer out and a glare on his face. Teeth clenched teamwork is always the most fun.

And some of us have already figured that while Thor tackles Kurze in a physical smack down, we'll get to see more of a magic battle between Malekith and Loki, with Loki explicitly having a reason for targeting Malekith instead of running away, possibly his adopted mother's death.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Malekith blast Loki with some kind of Frost Giant-derived attack because he thinks Loki's just a bad Asgardian, only for Loki to go blue and give him an epic troll grin before taking him down.

So, THAT'S who they'll be battling in the new Thor film. Thanks! I wondered if we get to see some Loki/frost giant stuff in this one.

Here's the actual man Hiddleston with the Loki look. Definitely a win! :yay:

I sense a theme...

Lokimode.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members