Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
hate to do this, but this ISN'T an exclusive Tom Hiddleston thread, so i am going to have to change the subject. What do we think Loki's role will be in this movie? Who will he align himself with?

It is my theory that Loki will not have a specific alignment in the movie. He's a loose canon who just does things to appease his own needs. I'd think he'll basically play the field between his alliances as he sees fits between Malekith and Asgard.

I think this lack of loyalty to Asgard is what owes to Thor's vow to kill Loki in the trailer by the way.

Oh, and I don't really mind the Tom worship in here jaqua. We don't have very concise info on Loki besides what we already know so some Tom talk is alright.

Last edited:
My prediction: He'll help win the battle but there will be some loose ends and he'll commit some act of sabotage and make an escape. Then the audience will need to sit through the credits to figure out if or what the next sequel will be about.

It is my theory that Loki will not have a specific alignment in the movie. He's a loose canon who just does things to appease his own needs. I'd think he'll basically play the field between his alliances as he sees fits between Malekith and Asgard.

I think this lack of loyalty to Asgard is what owes to Thor's vow to kill Loki in the trailer by the way.

Oh, and I don't really mind the Tom worship in here jaqua. We don't have very concise info on Loki besides what we already know so some Tom talk is alright.

I agree with this generally. I think more of this Dark Magic will become more prominent.

I don't have a problem with the Tom gushing lol, it's just there have been multiple occasions I have had things to discuss regarding Loki's role in this movie and the future of the MCU, but due to the direction of the thread, I didn't bother posting it, because I figured it would be ignored and lost in transition, which has happened before..thus having to discuss it in a more broad, general discussion thread opposed to a thread dedicated to the character.

Oh pshaw! If you want to talk about MCU Loki just butt in. I don't mind as I'll chat about both Loki and Tom here.

Last edited:
My prediction: He'll help win the battle but there will be some loose ends and he'll commit some act of sabotage and make an escape. Then the audience will need to sit through the credits to figure out if or what the next sequel will be about.

I agree to that. Loki will be manipulating the mission. But it just CAN'T be too obvious. Cause everyone (even Thor lol) will expect him to turn against Thor and Asgard. This will be a tricky one for the Trickster for sure.

I agree to that. Loki will be manipulating the mission. But it just CAN'T be too obvious. Cause everyone (even Thor lol) will expect him to turn against Thor and Asgard. This will be a tricky one for the Trickster for sure.

What force will they be battling in the sequel? Is it the Chitauri? If so, I think the tessaract will be Loki's main objective. He might try to join forces with them again.

hate to do this, but this ISN'T an exclusive Tom Hiddleston thread, so i am going to have to change the subject. What do we think Loki's role will be in this movie? Who will he align himself with?

I'm thinking Loki's role will ultimately tie into the eventual sequel. From the "leaks" that were spilled last year (by a stuntman, if I remember correctly), as well as from the little peek we got of him in the trailer, it seems that he will be helping Thor. But aligning with Thor, maybe not so much. Helping Thor will get Loki out of prison, and I don't think he plans to return to finish his sentence. So maybe he'll pardner up with Thor a bit, then disappear. (I'd prefer that to a mustache twirling scene of him mocking Thor--"and here you thought I was helping you, bwahahaha.")

Then maybe will have an Easter egg of him in Odin's goodie room, snatching the Tesseract for Thanos . . .

What force will they be battling in the sequel? Is it the Chitauri? If so, I think the tessaract will be Loki's main objective. He might try to join forces with them again.

If you mean the Avengers sequell, I think it's going to be about Thanos. The after credit scene had him at least.

I hope to see something else than the Cosmic Cube next time... also not too many Chitauri. We had them already. Although Loki is in 3 movies already, I can't get enough of him, since he is a great character and played so well by Tom. But that's not working for the Chitauri ....

As for Loki's main objective... it is so simple. Of course to see Thor kneel! :woot:

If you mean the Avengers sequell, I think it's going to be about Thanos. The after credit scene had him at least.

I hope to see something else than the Cosmic Cube next time... also not too many Chitauri. We had them already. Although Loki is in 3 movies already, I can't get enough of him, since he is a great character and played so well by Tom. But that's not working for the Chitauri ....

As for Loki's main objective... it is so simple. Of course to see Thor kneel! :woot:
I think Thanos will be held off until the third film. I think it was Feige that spoke about TA2 at some point and mentioned "villains" in plural, which seems to indicate something other than Thanos.

Whether Loki will be in TA2 I don't know but I doubt it, even though he's really popular.

I meant the villain in ""Thor: The Dark World. What is the villain that Thor must battle? Loki will do battle with them only to ensure it is to his own advantage the way he did to the Frost Giants in "Thor."

...it seems that he will be helping Thor. But aligning with Thor, maybe not so much. Helping Thor will get Loki out of prison, and I don't think he plans to return to finish his sentence. So maybe he'll pardner up with Thor a bit, then disappear.

That's my guess. Help out to get out of prison and then plan his escape. Then seek out new peoples to conquer and rule.

honestly less Loki movie forward in the MCU as a whole would be better, keep him in Thor's world. I don't want to see him in the Avengers 2 outside of maybe like a 5 minute scene

honestly less Loki movie forward in the MCU as a whole would be better, keep him in Thor's world. I don't want to see him in the Avengers 2 outside of maybe like a 5 minute scene

There's no reason to suspect he will be in avengers 2. He more than likely won't be, I think it's safe to say

There's no reason to suspect he will be in avengers 2. He more than likely won't be, I think it's safe to say

hopefully not, but if they go MoE I could see them thinking about bringing him back, just boring Loki overkill I dont want to see the same villain in 4 different movies, 3 is pushing it already since I assume he'll be up to villainous ways in this one.

I have to agree with you. I've grown to love this character and would love to see more of him (how can you not love a fictional villain with a working brain??) but at the same time, I'd hate to see the general public get tired of him because of over saturation.

hopefully not, but if they go MoE I could see them thinking about bringing him back, just boring Loki overkill I dont want to see the same villain in 4 different movies, 3 is pushing it already since I assume he'll be up to villainous ways in this one.

He won't be a part of the MoE. IF the MoE are there, it's going to be political. Ironman 3 was political. Cap 2 seems to be. If we get a masters of evil, we'd get abomination for sure I bet, probably zemo, mandarin, zola, maybe leader, ross/red hulk may even show up at some point, fairly important characters that exist in the MCU, that a great for a political type MoE.

With the theme that they seem to be following, Loki wouldn't just fit. Plus, what would be his motive? That would make him kind of lame, he's got no reason to join these others characters, especially if it stays political. Maybe in a fture movie. Cause the cap movies seem to be like, mini avengers, hell maybe a cap 3 movie will deal with a full fledged masters of evil at some point lol.

I have to agree with you. I've grown to love this character and would love to see more of him (how can you not love a fictional villain with a working brain??) but at the same time, I'd hate to see the general public get tired of him because of over saturation.

Yeah these more or less. He's a fine supporting character

I wouldn't mind seeing him in future (non-Thor) movies but only if there is a good reason for him to be there. I like the character and how Hiddleston portrays him but his appearance has to be at least somewhat logical. I could theoretically see him in Avengers II in some sort of flashback but even then it's more likely that he would just be mentioned by another character (if some detail of the deal he had with Thanos and friends is important). So I wouldn't really be surprised if he's mentioned somewhere but I will be surprised if he appears in anything more than maybe a tertiary role (in non-Thor films). Having him appear in a villainous role (even a supporting one) in any Avengers sequel would be overkill.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in future (non-Thor) movies but only if there is a good reason for him to be there. I like the character and how Hiddleston portrays him but his appearance has to be at least somewhat logical. I could theoretically see him in Avengers II in some sort of flashback but even then it's more likely that he would just be mentioned by another character (if some detail of the deal he had with Thanos and friends is important). So I wouldn't really be surprised if he's mentioned somewhere but I will be surprised if he appears in anything more than maybe a tertiary role (in non-Thor films). Having him appear in a villainous role (even a supporting one) in any Avengers sequel would be overkill.

exactly. He has nothing to do with what is goin on in avengers 2 it seems since thanos' wont be the main guy

I get the hint that most of what Loki does is just for the jollies. He may or may not be aware of how dire the consequences are for his manipulations though.

I'm posting a Youtube link to this sneak peak scene from Only Lovers Left Alive because such a passionate near minute needs repeating. That and I need to post the best Youtube comment ever in context.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axFKesdv18A

Steve Foot
"57 seconds and they already conveyed more emotion than 4 twilight films"

- Bar none the best comment ever on Youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"