Smallville Tom Welling - Clark Kent/Superman : The Man Behind The Cape

I think Henry Cavill has been the most successful actor outside of his role as Superman thus far.

I mean if the guy was worried about being typecast as Superman, then why be on a show for 10 years as a character that is very popular among millions across the globe? Even though he didn't wear the suit, he still played the role.

Tom is identified with Superman whether he likes it or not.

I think Henry Cavill has been the most successful actor outside of his role as Superman thus far.

I mean if the guy was worried about being typecast as Superman, then why be on a show for 10 years as a character that is very popular among millions across the globe? Even though he didn't wear the suit, he still played the role.

When did Tom say he was afraid of getting typecast? Certainly not in this interview, and not any others that I'm aware of. His reason was concern for the narrative not his career.

Tom is identified with Superman whether he likes it or not.

He seems pretty happy about it to me. He even played it up recently for a charity thing he did for St. Jude's Children's Hospital.

Tom just isn't a guy who likes the limelight, he's a pretty shy guy. If you listen to his interview on Inside of You with Michael Rosenbaum then you get an idea of what kind of a man he is. He didn't wanna wear the tights but can you honestly blame him if he's a shy guy?

Also I think the fact he even says that he didn't quit the show because if he quits all those other people would lose their jobs is a Superman like quality.

Check out Tom posing with a group of interesting people on K-Site.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuark

DbTgVA3UQAAdTTK.jpg

DbTgXfYU8AAF6qo.jpg

Is Welling i good shape? He Looks a Little bit... hmm :D

Must be poking fun of Henry Cavill concerning facial hair.

I wish that was Kingdom Come Justice League!!

Dude still has it. Even without the suit, he looks like Superman standing amongst them there.

Seems like he's embracing his Smallville roots and fandom a bit more in the last year. Possibly because of Rosenbaum.

Seems like he's embracing his Smallville roots and fandom a bit more in the last year. Possibly because of Rosenbaum.

Welling is in WB produced, Vertigo series, Lucifer which is on Fox. So, he's back in DC family.

maxresdefault.jpg

I can't remember what thread I posted this in, but I'll go ahead and post it here since it fits with the thread.

Do you guys think Tom Welling would continue the role of Clark Kent from where his Crisis scene left off? Maybe his kids have super powers, maybe he struggles with not being able to be Superman and save people. It would be an interesting take on Superman mythos. Maybe, eventually he would get his powers back. Just leave the suit in the barn... and maybe Welling would do it. Haha. Smallville is already pretty much in "Elseworlds" territory. I think that would be a big hit on the DC app.

That said, I think people still love Smallville. His small cameo in Crisis is on youtube, one video alone has over 5 million views.

It’s an interesting idea but Welling got so much flak for not putting on the suit the first time round, I think the thought of him playing an older version of the character in a dedicated show (but this time, without the suit and powers) would be a tough sell.

Anyone seen these? Closest we'll get to seeing Welling in the actual suit :D

It would be cool if Grant Gustin does a cameo. Yeah I feel Welling’s Clark Kent had a good send off. Not sure what more they can add to his story.

Tom Welling will be Superman in 2009's Justice League Mortal, you heard it here first.

If not we're mailing a bunch of stuffed monkies to WB.

Truth... but one could hope lol.

Although I agree with who said Crisis was a great send off.

But it does feel like The Flash film is trying to be what "Crisis" was for the Arrowverse. So who knows.

Most likely it won't happen, I know. but I'd love to see Welling Clark and Rosenbaum Lex on the big screen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"