Source: Hollywood Reporter by: Dave Davis
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
leeeeader.jpg

Hmm, this is the first cause for concern in regards to THE INCREDIBLE HULK. Well, besides the casting of Liv Tyler. The new HULK flick seems to be heading down the Overloaded Villain path that made SPIDEY 3 (and other supehero movies) such a chore to watch. Aside from the Abomination and General 'Thunderbolt' Ross and his Hulkbusters, Ed Norton and his digitally crafted green alter-ego will apparently also be facing gamma-irradiated scientist Samuel Sterns, also known as the big-brained baddie The Leader.
Actor Tim Blake Nelson (of O BROTHER WHERE ART THOU?, and he's also awesome in the zombie flick FIDO) will play the super-smart adversary, while Tim Roth and William Hurt appear respectively as Abomination/Emil Blonsky and Ross. TRANSPORTER 2 guy Louis Leterrier is working on Universal's 2008 flick.​

Source: Hollywood Reporter by: Dave Davis
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
leeeeader.jpg

Hmm, this is the first cause for concern in regards to THE INCREDIBLE HULK. Well, besides the casting of Liv Tyler. The new HULK flick seems to be heading down the Overloaded Villain path that made SPIDEY 3 (and other supehero movies) such a chore to watch. Aside from the Abomination and General 'Thunderbolt' Ross and his Hulkbusters, Ed Norton and his digitally crafted green alter-ego will apparently also be facing gamma-irradiated scientist Samuel Sterns, also known as the big-brained baddie The Leader.
Actor Tim Blake Nelson (of O BROTHER WHERE ART THOU?, and he's also awesome in the zombie flick FIDO) will play the super-smart adversary, while Tim Roth and William Hurt appear respectively as Abomination/Emil Blonsky and Ross. TRANSPORTER 2 guy Louis Leterrier is working on Universal's 2008 flick.​
i was worried about this but if they are just setting up Leader for TIH 2, it makes sense

If they set up The Leader in this film then there won't be much need to explain where he came from in the sequel. So it is a good move if that is what they are doing.

i was worried about this but if they are just setting up Leader for TIH 2, it makes sense
Just hope they dont fall into the SP3 "Venom trap" and short change Abomb's role in the movie as they did Sandman's to show us the Leader. Sandman was a more interesting character. Don't get me wrong Leader is interesting, but let's not throw all our eggs in a basket in one movie. I want Hulk 3, 4, etc.

Just hope they dont fall into the SP3 "Venom trap" and short change Abomb's role in the movie as they did Sandman's to show us the Leader. Sandman was a more interesting character. Don't get me wrong Leader is interesting, but let's not throw all our eggs in a basket in one movie. I want Hulk 3, 4, etc.

same here, after the leader and abomi, Hulk doesnt really have that many good villians left.

no, i meant, for a crossover between just IM and Hulk.

but that Avengers cast could be awesome.

My bet is that, only ABo and Ross will be the vilain here...
Ross being the main vilain, and Abo somehow a 2nd hand one...
Thus leader will only be seen as Sterns....
Leading for a TIH 2 with Leader and maybe Abo
(i would give Ross a rest as he was there in the 1 already, or use the zombie Ross as Peter David run, under the spell of the leader)...

Good post

I think it is a set up with Leader showing up in the end and maybe his android as a last image.

I'd love a sequel with just the Leader as the villian. So if it is a foreshadowing move then that's great. I have this scene in my mind's eye where Leader is battling the Hulk using some type of mobile weapons platform while a horde of his Mandroids swarm the Hulk. It could be amazing.

I'd love a sequel with just the Leader as the villian. So if it is a foreshadowing move then that's great. I have this scene in my mind's eye where Leader is battling the Hulk using some type of mobile weapons platform while a horde of his Mandroids swarm the Hulk. It could be amazing.
lol... i thought of a scene just like this, except they were andriods.

My bet is that, only ABo and Ross will be the vilain here...
Ross being the main vilain, and Abo somehow a 2nd hand one...
Thus leader will only be seen as Sterns....
Leading for a TIH 2 with Leader and maybe Abo
(i would give Ross a rest as he was there in the 1 already, or use the zombie Ross as Peter David run, under the spell of the leader)...

Yeah, I think you are right... I mean, unless there has been a re-write of the script the original announcement WAS that Ross and Abomination were the bad guys.

lol... i thought of a scene just like this, except they were andriods.

That would be sweet! I could see the next one (after TIH is a bonified blockbuster) being an even bigger scale! The leader is after HULK's power, General Ross is after it also. In the meantime Banner is trying to start a life with Betty and find the ominous "cure". And at the same time an even BIGGER threat insues as HULK must dig deep to save the World from the Interstellar domination of THANOS with the HELP of Ross and the Army against Thanos and alien beings/powers...

Thanos would be the ULTIMATE HULK bad guy IMO! Great matchup...

Another possibility is that Sterns already IS the Leader as the movie starts but is controling things from the shadows(he'd be fully revealed in the sequel) and Blonsky is working for the evil organization that the Leader controls. Ross is just doing what he always does, try to kill the Hulk, but Ross isn't really a villain so much, just a much more committed non-villain adversary like JJJ is to Spiderman. We could get the Leader's origin in this or the next movie(where he steps out front as the main villain) as a flashback of sorts, or the Leader just explaining where he came from. The only thing that bothers me about this scenario is that it seems exactly like what they're doing with the Mandarin in the Iron Man movie, & having Iron Monger be the out-front villain.

That would be sweet! I could see the next one (after TIH is a bonified blockbuster) being an even bigger scale! The leader is after HULK's power, General Ross is after it also. In the meantime Banner is trying to start a life with Betty and find the ominous "cure". And at the same time an even BIGGER threat insues as HULK must dig deep to save the World from the Interstellar domination of THANOS with the HELP of Ross and the Army against Thanos and alien beings/powers...

Thanos would be the ULTIMATE HULK bad guy IMO! Great matchup...

That would be sweet for an Avengers movie. Otherwise, Thanos isn't really a Hulk villain.

Another possibility is that Sterns already IS the Leader as the movie starts but is controling things from the shadows(he'd be fully revealed in the sequel) and Blonsky is working for the evil organization that the Leader controls. Ross is just doing what he always does, try to kill the Hulk, but Ross isn't really a villain so much, just a much more committed non-villain adversary like JJJ is to Spiderman. We could get the Leader's origin in this or the next movie(where he steps out front as the main villain) as a flashback of sorts, or the Leader just explaining where he came from. The only thing that bothers me about this scenario is that it seems exactly like what they're doing with the Mandarin in the Iron Man movie, & having Iron Monger be the out-front villain.

Blonsky is going to be a KGB Agent/Mercenary. Nothing to do with The Leader. Let's all hope that there is going to be no Leader in this film, just Sterns. Like Harvery Dent in TDK.

Blonsky is going to be a KGB Agent/Mercenary. Nothing to do with The Leader. Let's all hope that there is going to be no Leader in this film, just Sterns. Like Harvery Dent in TDK.

Yeah, set him up for the sequel.

and now Aaron Eckart said that he will be Twoface too in TDK!
Anyway, I believe that TBN will be just Sam Sterns... introducing the character and keep it for the third movie.

Hopefully it's just a set up. The one thing that the film makers should have learnt from the early Batman films, and most recently SM3 is that too many villans = **** up.

Has anyone pondered the idea that they may be filming two movies at once...?

^O.K. Would be nice. Hopefully they're thinking ahead, and won't make us wait another 4-5 years for the sequel to TIH, like they did with Angs's Hulk. Although, if they execute this one correctly, it sure would have been worth it after that Ang Lee Abomination.

^O.K. Would be nice. Hopefully they're thinking ahead, and won't make us wait another 4-5 years for the sequel to TIH, like they did with Angs's Hulk. Although, if they execute this one correctly, it sure would have been worth it after that Ang Lee Abomination.
Hulk 3 in 2010 (June)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"