Tim Blake Nelson is The Leader

Well he's nothing like the Leader for one thing. That's like picking Danny Devito to play Galactus.

We'll have to wait & see. It could be a real winner with a relative unknown(Cillian Murphy as the Scarecrow anyone?) or it might not work. We remain hopeful.

Well he's nothing like the Leader for one thing. That's like picking Danny Devito to play Galactus.

Really? I never would have thought of him, but he looks perfect for the role, and he's a good enough actor that I'm sure he can pull off the role. People need to stop being so attached to every comic book villain being played by Gary Oldman or Jeremy Irons or Jason Isaacs or any otherwise esteemed British bad guy actors. Tim Blake Nelson looks convincing as both a menial worker (as he is before being exposed to radiation) and as a super-smart villain.

Wait, so LEADER...THE LEADER...is in this...not JUST Sterns...?

If Leader is in it, there's two of my favorite Hulk villains in one movie!

I like Absorbing Man, he's in the top three...but yeah...:dry:

Absorbing man....Hulk4, but first the Avengers crossover movie is being done.

I think it would be cool if what happened was that General Ross is trying to recreate the experiment and when something goes wrong Emil Blonsky who was spying gets exposed to the gamma radiation as well as a technician Samuel Stern. Blonsky escapes and transforms into the abomination while. Stern ends up in a coma which he wakes from at the end of the movie to discover that he has been transformed into the leader and then you get two set ups for the price of one.

well, Sterns isnt a looker or a guy that looks very smart at all, the guy is a collage drop out who isnt that smart but wants to be. This guy looks the part already IMO.

This is awesome, I hope it doesnt impair the film though...it can be like SM3 or X3 all over again.

But a big obstacle is the look...how are they gonna pull it off, I don't really want him to look how he looks like in the comics (they should modernize it imo) and it certainly shouldn't look like this :o

inside-dvd-marsattacks.jpg

They shouldn't make his head too big, don't make it look stupid. Just make it slightly larger than normal. And his skin should be a dark green, maybe olive green?

Plus, the Leader does have mental powers. Perhaps he disguises himself in the minds of others around him if he wants to appear normal/not attract attention to himself.

However they do it, I'd kind of like his look to be disturbing and kind of gross.

O.K haven't read through this entire thread but since in Hulk lore, Stern becomes The Leader after cleaning up the Gamma Bomb spill, is this an indication that we are indeed gonna be introduced (only if it's just mentioned and not shown) to a Gamma Bomb origin for the Hulk....? If so that rocks!

O.K haven't read through this entire thread but since in Hulk lore, Stern becomes The Leader after cleaning up the Gamma Bomb spill, is this an indication that we are indeed gonna be introduced (only if it's just mentioned and not shown) to a Gamma Bomb origin for the Hulk....? If so that rocks!

Hmmmmm Oh if they did I would fly out to the Oscars (because of corse The Incredible Hulk will be nominated for best movie) and kiss Frenchy, Zak and Liv. Ok I'd kiss her twice. Well maybe just a long wet one. Or maybe a permanent lip lock. Or maybe......................:hulk:

It doesn't actually say he'll be the Leader in the first one so probably setting him up for 2 or 3.

^But is this truly the first one? Or a sequel to Ang's Hulk? They still haven't given us a definate answer on that one.

^But is this truly the first one? Or a sequel to Ang's Hulk? They still haven't given us a definate answer on that one.

It's not a sequel. They don't want to disrespect the first one by calling it a reboot, since it was so recent, but that's essentially what it is, only when the movie starts, he's already the Hulk, sort of like the first Batman movie. I'm definitely thinking of it as the first in the series.

Obviously, that puts them in a tricky situation for the next movie if they still want to be diplomatic toward the folks who made the first movie... they couldn't very well call it Hulk 3 or The Incredible Hulk 2. So I'm guessing the next movie will have a title to the effect of The Incredible Hulk: [Insert Subtitle].

There will be no origin. He is already the Hulk and Marvel will not do that to the Audience. Even Stan Lee felt disappointed by the Ang Lee version. He said it wasn't done right. Anyway, the only origin you will see is Abomb's and a hint at the Leader setting up a sequel, yes a real sequel, lol.

All we know for certain is that TBN has been cast as a scientist named Sam Sterns. No telling if he will indeed become the Leader, or if his character is being set up to return in a sequel (what I'm hoping,) or the name is just a bone to throw at us comic fans (something sorely lacking in Ang Lee's Hulk).

Well, they are arguabley Hulk's two most classic villians. They are to HUlk what the Goblin and Doc Ock are to Spidey.

There will be no origin. He is already the Hulk and Marvel will not do that to the Audience. Even Stan Lee felt disappointed by the Ang Lee version. He said it wasn't done right. Anyway, the only origin you will see is Abomb's and a hint at the Leader setting up a sequel, yes a real sequel, lol.

I love how ppl say ''No, there will be no Origin. Yes there will be this. No there won't be that'' like they themselves work on the production team. :whatever:

They say it with such confidence.

Nobody knows for sure.

When i say it, i say it with a sense of hope. I hope we get a flashback sequence, either during in the opening credits, or just mentioned during some dialogue. I know he's already the Hulk when the movie begins, which is an even more reason to show a flashback, if this is indeed not a sequel to Ang's Hulk; an assumption alot of ppl are now leaning towards.

I love how ppl say ''No, there will be no Origin. Yes there will be this. No there won't be that'' like they themselves work on the production team. :whatever:

They say it with such confidence.

Nobody knows for sure.

When i say it, i say it with a sense of hope. I hope we get a flashback sequence, either during in the opening credits, or just mentioned during some dialogue. I know he's already the Hulk when the movie begins, which is an even more reason to show a flashback, if this is indeed not a sequel to Ang's Hulk; an assumption alot of ppl are now leaning towards.
Little hint to you. Try and follow me. Its too close to the 2003 Version and would further confuse the audience who arent Hulk fans. There will be no Hulk origin. And pssst, I do work for a Production company (wont tell you which one. Not important). So yeah, No origin for the green guy, but you will see one for Abomb.

There could be a brief origin flashback... but we know for sure that when the movie starts, Banner is already the Hulk.

They will not flash back to the other movie. Are people here dense?

I'm not talking about "to the other movie." I'm talking about them re-shooting the scenes with the new actors. As in, at the start of the movie, Bruce Banner is already the Hulk, but we might have some flashbacks showing EDWARD NORTON Bruce Banner before he was the Hulk, and even a brief scene showing EDWARD NORTON Bruce Banner first transforming into the Hulk.

You call me dense, but the fact that you immediately assume that the ONLY WAY they could possibly do a flashback would be using scenes from the other movie doesn't say much for you.

...What? Umm...while I'm positive about this film, Penn should be focusing on writing solid characters for this one film and just hope it garners enough attention to illicit a sequel where he can devote his time to another set of characters. His writing is shaky as it is. I just don't think this is a case where I can relax knowing that it's in his capacity to make both the Abomination and the Leader's first appearances serious ones. Plus, I just can't really see this guy as Samuel Sterns.

This is the first annoucement that really has me worried. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"