Tim Blake Nelson is The Leader

Well, not many could see Topher Grace playing Eddie Brock/Venom in Spider-Man 3 and he owned every doubter's ass.:o

Maybe not everyone, but he suprised alot of people.

Yeah, but I could sort of see him as Brock after the Bendis/ Bagley take on him. Ledger was an odd choice for the Joker, but he worked out in the end. I just don't think of someone like this guy when I think of an actor for the Leader. I imagined more of a sinister Gary Oldman look from the getgo in someone chosen for a character known for being sinister and manipulative. Maybe he really showed these qualities to Leterrier...? I know they'll make him into a good composite if this film is as good as it seems. I just don't quite like this choice.

One thing that does concern me though, is the fact that he may indeed become the Leader and have a part in the film. Part of the reason Daredevil wasn't as good as it should have been (Aside from Affleck) was due to the enormous amount of stories they gobbled together like they knew they weren't going to get a sequel so they just tried to stuff it all in there. They had a origin, the Kingpin who was greatly reduced in screentime, Bullseye & Elektra plus her death which could have been a whole movie by itself. Point being, I know they want way more action this time around, but going in the complete opposite direction will hinder the movie just as well...

Yeah, but I could sort of see him as Brock after the Bendis/ Bagley take on him. Ledger was an odd choice for the Joker, but he worked out in the end. I just don't think of someone like this guy when I think of an actor for the Leader. I imagined more of a sinister Gary Oldman look from the getgo in someone chosen for a character known for being sinister and manipulative. Maybe he really showed these qualities to Leterrier...? I know they'll make him into a good composite if this film is as good as it seems. I just don't quite like this choice.

Like I said before... Gary Oldman can't play every comic book villain.

Now, I just know somebody's going to say that he hasn't played ANY comic book villains, but doesn't his name come up for every villain of the Leader's ilk? And although Gary Oldman can pretty much do ANYTHING, I can buy Nelson as the menial chemical plant worker much more easily than Oldman. I also happen to think Nelson LOOKS the part more.

Can we get a manip? Even just a basic one?

I love how ppl say ''No, there will be no Origin. Yes there will be this. No there won't be that'' like they themselves work on the production team. :whatever:

They say it with such confidence.

Avi Arad, Louis Leterrier and Zak Penn, actually WORKS on the production team!

They should have just got Matt Frewer who did the voice of Leader in the 90's Hulk cartoon. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001242/ When I think of the Leader I hear his voice in my head.

This Tim Blake Nelson could be good as the Human side of Leader but after the transformation into the actual Leader then his performance could be terrible or vice versa. Maybe they will use a different actor to play the actual Leader or at least use a voice actor to do the voice of the Leader if Tim Blake Nelson can't cut it. I hope they would use Gargoyle in the movie also as the Leader's sidekick like it was in the cartoon.

Little hint to you. Try and follow me. Its too close to the 2003 Version and would further confuse the audience who arent Hulk fans. There will be no Hulk origin. And pssst, I do work for a Production company (wont tell you which one. Not important). So yeah, No origin for the green guy, but you will see one for Abomb.

Try and follow this; I'll say it slowly. You.Do.Not.Work.On.The.Incredible.Hulks.Production.Team. Clear enough for ya? You calling ppl dense and whatnot is extremely uncalled for. You "there will be no new origin" rant, is no more speculative, that those of us that are saying we MAY get one. Only difference is, we have the good sense to say it in an objective manner, whereby your saying what your saying as though your the fricking CEO of Marvel or something. :whatever:

P.S- how the hell is a completely different origin too close? It's quite the opposite, and no more confusing than an entire house cleaning of the original cast. :confused:

This is great news! Some great Hulk villians in a great Hulk film!

I bet that they are just setting "The Leader" up in this film, keep him as Samuel Sterns, show him being very jealous of Banner and wanting lots of knowledge etc, then in a sequel to this film we can have him as "The Leader", green with a big head, going after Hulk's power!

EDIT: Another cool thing would be if Betty gets kidnapped or something by Abomination in this film or The Leader in the next, that would piss Hulk off so much!
hell yea!!
icon14.gif

That's one thing that gives me even more confidence. Not only is he a dedicated actor, but he is careful about the projects he picks and he has a rep for geeting involved in the film making beyond his performance. He takes his movies very seriously.
you know i was up and down about this movie....up and down meaning,... whether it would be overhyped, and then maybe not suck, but wont be as good as we all thought it would be, but like you said before....that's what makes me lean more towards it being a great film...i cant wait!!

They should have just got Matt Frewer who did the voice of Leader in the 90's Hulk cartoon. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001242/ When I think of the Leader I hear his voice in my head.

This Tim Blake Nelson could be good as the Human side of Leader but after the transformation into the actual Leader then his performance could be terrible or vice versa. Maybe they will use a different actor to play the actual Leader or at least use a voice actor to do the voice of the Leader if Tim Blake Nelson can't cut it. I hope they would use Gargoyle in the movie also as the Leader's sidekick like it was in the cartoon.

Wow. That's um...

Okay, no. That's not going to happen. Why the f*** would they hire a different guy to play the same character? Don't you think that maybe their decision to hire the guy was a little more informed than that? Do you honestly think they're going into this having no clue if he's going to be good for the part or not? They hired him because they're confident he can do the role. They didn't pick a name out of a hat, and they're not going to hire a different actor to play the Leader. I mean, why would that happen?

"Okay, well, we've done a good job with the casting so far, but this Leader thing is really breaking our balls... there isn't a single person who seems capable of playing this character pre and post transformation! We have no choice but to hire two different actors!"

Is it possible he won't perform well in the role? Sure. But I can guarantee, they hired him because they think he WILL. They didn't just forget that the actor has to be able to play menial chemical plant worker Samuel Sterns AND super-smart supervillain The Leader. And the fact that you have trouble seeing him in the role, or that you're too attached to the cartoon voice actor isn't going to make a difference.

Wow. That's um...

Okay, no. That's not going to happen. Why the f*** would they hire a different guy to play the same character? Don't you think that maybe their decision to hire the guy was a little more informed than that? Do you honestly think they're going into this having no clue if he's going to be good for the part or not? They hired him because they're confident he can do the role. They didn't pick a name out of a hat, and they're not going to hire a different actor to play the Leader. I mean, why would that happen?

"Okay, well, we've done a good job with the casting so far, but this Leader thing is really breaking our balls... there isn't a single person who seems capable of playing this character pre and post transformation! We have no choice but to hire two different actors!"

Is it possible he won't perform well in the role? Sure. But I can guarantee, they hired him because they think he WILL. They didn't just forget that the actor has to be able to play menial chemical plant worker Samuel Sterns AND super-smart supervillain The Leader. And the fact that you have trouble seeing him in the role, or that you're too attached to the cartoon voice actor isn't going to make a difference.
i agree

this guy is an amazing and talented actor
he is very under rated, he is perfect for the leader

I'm still waiting for manips on this one!

Obi Ron has the coolest avatar on the hype!

This is kinda out of left-field, probably going to be a smaller part.

Lazy, but just wondering any word on whether or not he will look like the picture below yet?

lead-l.jpg

Big green brain...

Leader01.jpg

I hope he doesn't have the green balls on his head look.

It would make more sense, but the phallic jokes would be endless. I don't know...I'm one of those who doesn't even see the need for the towering head. It's sort of dated.

Lazy, but just wondering any word on whether or not he will look like the picture below yet?

All we know is that TBN is playing a scientist named Sam Sterns, no word on whether he will become the Leader.

I would like to see him with the green skin, but keep him somewhat humanoid looking. Just have be of extreme intellectual power.

It would make more sense, but the phallic jokes would be endless.
Well it's either balls for his head, or a penis, s you really can't escape it

I don't know...I'm one of those who doesn't even see the need for the towering head. It's sort of dated.

Me too... Sort of. It doesn't need to be even nearly as big as it is in the comics. On a regular person just having be maybe an inch or two is going to more than freakish and extreme enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"