Tim Blake Nelson is The Leader

TheBeastWithin

Sidekick
Reaction score
The Hulk to Face Tim Blake Nelson
Source: The Hollywood Reporter July 26, 2007

Tim Blake Nelson has joined the cast of Marvel Studios' The Incredible Hulk, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The movie, which Louis Leterrier is directing, sees Bruce Banner/Hulk on the run, trying to avoid capture long enough to cure the condition that turns him into a monster.

Nelson will play a scientist named Samuel Sterns. In Hulk lore, Sterns, aka "The Leader," is one of the Hulk's major antagonists, a menial worker in a chemical research plant who is bombarded with gamma radiation. He emerges from his accident not only green-skinned but also superintelligent, with an oversized brain.

Nelson joins a strong comic book movie cast that includes two-time Oscar nominee Edward Norton (Banner), Liv Tyler (Betty Ross), Tim Roth (villain Emil Blonsky/the Abomination) and William Hurt (General Ross, Betty's father).

Zak Penn wrote the latest big-screen adventure of the green goliath, which Universal Pictures is distributing domestically June 13, 2008.

TimBlakeNe_Ausse_4744369_400.jpg

Tim Blake Nelson has joined the cast of Marvel Studios' The Incredible Hulk, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The movie, which Louis Leterrier is directing, sees Bruce Banner/Hulk on the run, trying to avoid capture long enough to cure the condition that turns him into a monster.

Nelson will play a scientist named Samuel Sterns. In Hulk lore, Sterns, aka "The Leader," is one of the Hulk's major antagonists, a menial worker in a chemical research plant who is bombarded with gamma radiation. He emerges from his accident not only green-skinned but also superintelligent, with an oversized brain.

Nelson joins a strong comic book movie cast that includes two-time Oscar nominee Edward Norton (Banner), Liv Tyler (Betty Ross), Tim Roth (villain Emil Blonsky/the Abomination) and William Hurt (General Ross, Betty's father).

Zak Penn wrote the latest big-screen adventure of the green goliath, which Universal Pictures is distributing domestically June 13, 2008.

Holy crap, Thunderbolt, Abomination and Leader. I hope it ends up suffering from Batmanbeginsitis rather than Spidermanthreeitis.

Just one slam-dunk after another over there on the set of the Incredible Hulk. This flick is going to kill. :up:

:yay: :dry: :cmad: :hulk:

They're setting him up for a bigger role in the next film I bet. Great idea.

He was also in O brother where art thou and in Minority Report.

I also hope it is more like Batman Begins than Batman & Robin or Spiderman 3. Begins was able to very successfully introduce a number of characters.

I think these guys will do it right, so far the casting and director have been awesome...

Plus Ed Norton is a guy who sticks his nose in other production aspects, I think this will help improve the movie.

Noway never would have I imagined that i'd get to see the leader in a film.

But i agree with advanced dark they're probably going to set him up for a bigger role in the next film!

I like this casting, one of my favorite actors, after watching O brother where art thou.

This film continues to get better and better.

I've been a hulk fan again recently (plant and world war hulk, really)
and i SIMPLY cannot wait.

I tried watching the ang lee hulk yesterday and it was overstylistic, i got a headache. but that's off topic.

I really hope they don't overload on the villains. Like maybe more of a setup, just to develop the character.

AND YES, TIM ROTH, as emil blonsky...

YES.:oldrazz:

they cast rick jones and doc samson and this movie will almost match my fanfiction, from back in the day.

Very interesting, hopefully they just set him up for a future sequel, because IMO, the Leader was always the Hulk's number one nemesis and he deserves his own film in the same way that Venom or Bullseye should have had their own films...

Yay for Leader appearing - he's Hulk's ultimate nemesis and one of my top marvel villains ever.

....But Tim Blake Nelson? Everyone knows that John Malkovich IS the Leader.

That's a f####n surprise :wow:

I wouldn't know much of the actor (appart from O Brother where he was as good as the other cast), but the fact that the leader is in somehow, is cool.
Like been said before, I hope it's more like a Spiderman's Dr Connor role as opposed to Brock/Venom...

Let's keep Ross and Abo as vilains, and introduce the leader somehow, for a cliffhanger and the end...

and btw, i wouldn't be surprised if somehow, he helped Banner finding the cure....

awesome..three villians, anyone here getting Spidey 3 flashback?

i hope its like what AD said, they are just setting him up for TIH 2 and they dont turn him into the leader in this.

This was highly unexpected but I am excited to see this. I just think we may only however see the leadwer set up for film number 2/3.

^^ that would be a good idea.

cool. As people have said he is probabley being set up for a sequel which is good as its usually annoying when a villian just turns up out of nowhere and they have to spend time setting up his character. If Tim Blake Nelson shows up pre-leader then it will mean less set up in the sequel.

I'm not too sure about this one. Tim Blake Nelson is a fine actor, I enjoyed him in O' Brother. I have seen him in other flicks but don't remember him too much. I have a sneaky suspicion, that Nelson will be playing more of the ha ha I'm a goofy villian, than a serious role. I hope this isn't an indication of campiness entering the movie. Please, tell me I'm wrong.

Nice! :up:

They're setting him up for a bigger role in the next film I bet. Great idea.

Exactly what I was thinking...

I friggin' loved him in O' Brother Where Art Thou! "We found a whole gopher village"... Hope he can ditch the southern accent though, I've only heard him with it in a couple roles.

That's a f####n surprise :wow:

I wouldn't know much of the actor (appart from O Brother where he was as good as the other cast), but the fact that the leader is in somehow, is cool.
Like been said before, I hope it's more like a Spiderman's Dr Connor role as opposed to Brock/Venom...

Let's keep Ross and Abo as vilains, and introduce the leader somehow, for a cliffhanger and the end...

and btw, i wouldn't be surprised if somehow, he helped Banner finding the cure....

Yep, all good points... I would be surprised if he actually becomes The Leader until the end. It SHOULD definitely be the Dr. Connors role.

HULK finishes off saving New York from the Abomination. Smoke clears and here is HULK and Betty calming him down. He transforms back to Banner as Betty comforts him and the smoke is all around them from the destruction the 2 goliaths created.

Cue in the creation of the Leader with some smartassed comment as he looks onto Banner disappearing into a smokey retreat and sinister laugh...

I´m guessing this is going to be like Two-Face in The Dark Knight, they´ll set him up to be showcased as the leader in the sequel. Sounds interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"