• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man Too Much Hype? Not Ruining it for yourself

NinjaCarm

Fantastic
Reaction score
I don't know if this warrants a new thread please don't stone me but:

Do any of you feel that you are reading up too much on this film? For me, I'm very excited about any live action Spider-Man, it's hard for me not to go into the forums / discuss.

But I did this for the first film and kinda ruinined it for myself. I knew too much when the film came out.

Any of you feel your doing a disservice to your self by coming here, looking up news, vids, pics, etc?

I just want to see the Spider-Man costume, then I think I'm done for a long time. I want this film to feel as fresh as possible.

Just your thoughts on getting too much information vs. none.

:spidey:

Nope, I soak up every little tid bit of info we get. I've been doing it since Spider-Man 2.

^^ Yeah, same here, Joker. I can't resist and I don't want to either, lol.

I actually love spoiling myself because when I see something written thats in the movie, it almost always turns out better than I expected. I look up EVERYTHING on movies Im hyped about. When TDKR starts filming, I'll be looking everything up on that movie too.

2012 will be crazy...

-Spider-man reboot
-TDKR
-Superman reboot
-The Avengers

AHHHHH! So much spoiling

I don't care to here story spoilers, but I do want to see the costume as well as any pics of the villian/s.

I actually love spoiling myself because when I see something written thats in the movie, it almost always turns out better than I expected.
Agreed. Spoiling myself just gets me very excited!

I actually love spoiling myself because when I see something written thats in the movie, it almost always turns out better than I expected.
Agreed. Spoiling myself just gets me very excited!

I know what you mean, Ninja, but I'm not as active as I was when Spidey 3 was on its way. I'm glad I did what I did back in '06 and '07 because coming here and soaking up the hype ended up being much more enjoyable than what we got.

^^Lol.

The only time I decided nto to spoile myself was back in May of '07 when someone recorded the final battle from S-M3 a few days before the films release and released it online.

^^Lol.

The only time I decided nto to spoile myself was back in May of '07 when someone recorded the final battle from S-M3 a few days before the films release and released it online.

Yeah, things like that are where I draw the line as well.

I'm going to absorb everything regarding this movie. It's like my 2nd chance of hope that so far looks extremely promising. If I'm screwed by this movie, then I'm not going to bother with the remaining movies until we get another reboot or new management comes along.

I'm going to absorb everything regarding this movie. It's like my 2nd chance of hope that so far looks extremely promising. If I'm screwed by this movie, then I'm not going to bother with the remaining movies until we get another reboot or new management comes along.

LOL, I know, when I heard reboot I felt like I just got parolled.:woot:

Reading up on plot details doesn't hurt as much as seeing the images over and over.

You can read the entire screenplay for a film and then go see the film and enjoy it. Yet if you see the trailer of said film a billion times before seeing it, you WILL be left underwhelmed. I know from personal experience.

Images > Words & Plot details

Yeah, things like that are where I draw the line as well.
Yeah. I mean, seeing a scene online from the film such as a fight scene doesn't bother me all too much, but the entire final battle? That's pushing it.

it annoys me when you go to the site for a casual glance and the spoiler is right there in the headline

'picture of red skull holding comic cube!'

massive unavoidable, right there in the head line

It's insane how good the early hype is for this reboot already. With the great casting to the excellent leads, to the more serious/realistic storyline. A costume that meets with the majority approval, that distinguishes from Raimi's Spider-Man but still pays tribute to the greatness that is Spider-Man's costume, while coming off as more of something a kid could make. Excellent!

Imagine, how much the hype will be with the first shot of the Lizard we get to see... IF that shot impresses. Say even a hint of the Lizard to come... a teaser. The hype for this movie that is still almost 2 years away is amazing.

Of course the hype is among us devoted fans at this point, let's hope the hype is good for the general audience when they start marketing the movie as it gets closer.

"Fasten your seat belts...." :cwink:

I'll try to avoid getting too much early information.
''Try'' is the keyword here.Once the pictures and trailers,etc start coming, I'm not sure if I can keep myself far from all the hype.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"