The Amazing Spider-Man "Positive Talk" TASM

Mary Jane Watson

Sidekick
Reaction score
I really want to make a thread about positively toward this film. So far what I see, there are so many negatively talk forward this film ex see some TASM Youtube videos ( God I hate that), newspapers, articles, even CBR too. Many people said Ugh. Too early to reboot, Andrew is too old, the T-crap, Emo, I love Tobey more than Andrew, Andrew's hair is too big, Omg the suit is so ugly, Why there is no MJ? so on. I actually think that we are the only small group who think this film will be AMAZING.

I want us to post any video, article, make some comments why do you think this film will be much better than Sam or What do you like about this film so far? etc.

- facts/links/pictures etc.

I think this thread will help us to hype, to excite even more, to remind us why this film will be great.

I will start with this:

**http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMcyclphuNs&feature=related

**http://www.techradar.com/news/photo...otage-of-amazing-spider-man-best-ever--964445

**http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/marc-webb-talks-new-story-universe-in-the-amazing-spider-man/

PLS NO negative talk in here.

btw, t-crap = twilight :oldrazz:

If you dont like this thread then I will happily ask mod to close this thread :)

Did you read my post on the general discussion thread? I was basically saying this is gonna be a much different version and take on the character of Spider-Man which deals more with the psychology of the character Peter Parker rather than the thrills of being a superhero.

I think the reboot will have a more serious tone in the sense that it feels more real and feels more grounded in reality than the previous films did.

I am hoping that we get to see everything in this version of Spider-Man that we didn't get to see in the other 3 films. That being, a witty Spider-Man, a more grounded feel, more of a focus on Peter's genius, Gwen being an actual character and not just something that looks good like Mary Jane was in the first 3 films.

I hope to see more realisitc performances of the Spider-Man villains, more on the level of Heath Ledgers Joker (where it's more about the scariness of his persona than of his supervillain alter ego.) And then hopefully, when Mary Jane does show up, a more accurate portrayal of her character from the comics, which every person wants to see. CAN'T WAIT!!

Hows that, Mary Jane?

Did you read my post on the general discussion thread? I was basically saying this is gonna be a much different version and take on the character of Spider-Man which deals more with the psychology of the character Peter Parker rather than the thrills of being a superhero.

I think the reboot will have a more serious tone in the sense that it feels more real and feels more grounded in reality than the previous films did.

I am hoping that we get to see everything in this version of Spider-Man that we didn't get to see in the other 3 films. That being, a witty Spider-Man, a more grounded feel, more of a focus on Peter's genius, Gwen being an actual character and not just something that looks good like Mary Jane was in the first 3 films.

I hope to see more realisitc performances of the Spider-Man villains, more on the level of Heath Ledgers Joker (where it's more about the scariness of his persona than of his supervillain alter ego.) And then hopefully, when Mary Jane does show up, a more accurate portrayal of her character from the comics, which every person wants to see. CAN'T WAIT!!

Hows that, Mary Jane?

I like it
783367-709327_0797bc91_super_super.jpg

Something I hope this film does that the others didn't: show me why Pete is so into Gwen. In the other trilogy, we are told he's loved MJ since he was a kid and she's the most gorgeous woman in the world etc etc, but when did they once show the audience why he's into her? Tobey did a great job through facial expressions and body language getting the audience on his side in order to root for them but when looking back, did she ever do anything to make you say "oh yeah that's why they should be together! She's a great girl" ? In the two bond movies where he fell in love I could see why he wanted to be with those two women and why those two got under his skin the way countless others couldn't.

I'm sure Marc Webb will knock that out of the park by making Gwen a more rounded character than MJ was which is a shame cause I think MJ is the better character and definitely belongs with Pete

I bet Chaseter will avoid this thread by any means necessary!

I should have made a positive only thread for SM4.

Okay here goes:

1. I think the biggest positive for me is Andrew Garfield's casting.

If it had been any other of the candidates, I don't think I'd be anywhere near as interested.

He's just a really interesting actor to watch and he's got this awkward energy that will IMO make for a really likeable and quirky Peter.

2. I like that he'll be back in high school. I love Spectacular Spiderman (the animated series), and if they can capture any of the fun of juggling high school with being a Superhero I'll be really pleased.

Raimi's spiderman never did that. Yes he developed his powers while in school, but by the time he donned the costume he'd graduated.

3. I also love Emma Stone, and I'm looking forward too seeing their scenes together because it seems like they have the potential for great chemistry. Plus, there more 'equals'. With MJ, it's always this 'nerd gets hot girl' dynamic, and I'm kind of looking forward too seeing a relationship with a bit more substance.

And i'm just glad their going for Gwen anyway. MJ is a great character, and I hope they bring her in later on because they need to undo what they did to her in the Raimi films - she's supposed to be feisty, not a wet fish. But I really like Gwen, and she's never really had her chance to shine.

4. I - though I seem to be the only one - actually like the new suit, and I love the images we've been getting of spider like poses.

5. The general tone of the film (seems quite introspective/moody) just kind of intrigues me. I'm not saying I love it yet, it might end up being really annoying. But the Raimi films kind of covered the fun, jokey, cartoony side of Spidey. What would be the point in making another light hearted Spidey.

I'm glad they are trying something different.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it! :)

Last edited:
Okay here goes:

1. I think the biggest positive for me is Andrew Garfield's casting.

If it had been any other of the candidates, I don't think I'd be anywhere near as interested.

He's just a really interesting actor to watch and he's got this awkward energy that will IMO make for a really likeable and quirky Peter.

2. I like that he'll be back in high school. I love Spectacular Spiderman (the animated series), and if they can capture any of the fun of juggling high school with being a Superhero I'll be really pleased.

Raimi's spiderman never did that. Yes he developed his powers while in school, but by the time he donned the costume he'd graduated.

3. I also love Emma Stone, and I'm looking forward too seeing their scenes together because it seems like they have the potential for great chemistry. Plus, there more 'equals'. With MJ, it's always this 'nerd gets hot girl' dynamic, and I'm kind of looking forward too seeing a relationship with a bit more substance.

And i'm just glad their going for Gwen anyway. MJ is a great character, and I hope they bring her in later on because they need to undo what they did to her in the Raimi films - she's supposed to be feisty, not a wet fish. But I really like Gwen, and she's never really had her chance to shine.

4. I - though I seem to be the only one - actually like the new suit, and I love the images we've been getting of spider like poses.

5. The general tone of the film (seems quite introspective/moody) just kind of intrigues me. I'm not saying I love it yet, it might end up being really annoying. But the Raimi films kind of covered the fun, jokey, cartoony side of Spidey. What would be the point in making another light hearted Spidey.

I'm glad they are trying something different.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it! :)

It's like you're inside my head or something. Good post.

Too add another positive note to this thread...

I Love the suit from The Amazing Spider-man

spiderman_1.jpg

I know the material for the movie looks overly expensive for a poor kid from queens to afford and yes, the design is not the best compared to the classic design

BUT.... I do think this suit perfectly captures the whole "I made this suit in my bedroom and it looks crappy" idea that originated in the comics.

I mean really... you can't count the times Spidey has been hounded in the comics for his costume being so dopey.

A dopey costume for this movie, does not make it bad. It very good.

Marc Webb himself said himself the reason for the change in the design of the suit was that they wanted to look like something a nerdy teenger would make.

I think that looks just like that. Overdone slightly but still cool.

Also, Everyone had a positive reaction to that first pic of the suit, why does everyone hate the suit so much now... ITS THE SAME SUIT!!

Anyways, I like the suit and I can't wait to see it on screen.

Too add another positive note to this thread...

I Love the suit from The Amazing Spider-man

spiderman_1.jpg

I know the material for the movie looks overly expensive for a poor kid from queens to afford and yes, the design is not the best compared to the classic design

BUT.... I do think this suit perfectly captures the whole "I made this suit in my bedroom and it looks crappy" idea that originated in the comics.

I mean really... you can't count the times Spidey has been hounded in the comics for his costume being so dopey.

A dopey costume for this movie, does not make it bad. It very good.

Marc Webb himself said himself the reason for the change in the design of the suit was that they wanted to look like something a nerdy teenger would make.

I think that looks just like that. Overdone slightly but still cool.

Also, Everyone had a positive reaction to that first pic of the suit, why does everyone hate the suit so much now... ITS THE SAME SUIT!!

Anyways, I like the suit and I can't wait to see it on screen.

Everyone? I certainly did NOT have a positive reaction to the suit when the first pic came out. It has grown on me since then and now I am liking it.

I think that this reboot will be great for several reasons:
1. Spider-Man will have more quips this time. It's one of the things I like best about him, so I'm really looking forward to that.
2. Gwen will have a major role this time. She's one of my favorite characters. Wait, you knew that already? How'd you know?
3. It's a Spider-Man movie, so I'm sure it'll be great.
4. Also, I look forward to seeing the Lizard in this movie.

Please give me a few examples

I will when I get home. You can start compiling all the negative things I have said about this movie. I will give you one...the suit. Don't post them in here, you can on my home page and I will do the same.

Wait....what would have been the point?

I was being facetious. There were way way way more haters for that film than this one. It did sound awful though but I would have given Raimi one last shot just like I will give Webb a shot. It doesn't mean I have to have a ***** over that awful suit just like I didn't get one for Vulturess. I am tired of all this "this movie is going to be awesome, Garfield is the best Spidey ever, Webb is a better director than Raimi, woe is me who tries to stay positive against all the haters," crap. SM4 was bashed to no end. Lets wait and see this movie before we pack up and move to a Marc Webb shrine. Webb and Sony have to impress us. If they do then we can all become giddy school girls!!!

I am tired of all this "this movie is going to be awesome, Garfield is the best Spidey ever, Webb is a better director than Raimi, woe is me who tries to stay positive against all the haters," crap. SM4 was bashed to no end. Lets wait and see this movie before we pack up and move to a Marc Webb shrine. Webb and Sony have to impress us. If they do then we can all become giddy school girls!!!

But that's pretty much always the case in the spoilers section. Not to mention, pretty much everything we've seen about this movie has given us nothing but good signs.

If you're not happy, you could always set-up a "negative" thread for this movie somewhere else, or something.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather read positive things about this movie every time we get news rather than "URGH.", "NO. THAT SUCKS!", "THAT'S AN AWFUL DECISION", "THIS MOVIE WILL BE TERRIBLE.".

While there is still a chance of it going either way, it's more likely to be good than bad, tbh.

EDIT: And SM 4 did actually sound awful though. I mean, come on, Vulturess? After how Spider-Man 3 turned out... and what we heard about Spider-Man 4, could you blame us for not having a ***** for it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"