The Amazing Spider-Man "Positive Talk" TASM

I'm a little worried that Spidey will be unmasked in a scene that looks like he sits on a yellow cab. That means, outdoors somewhere in the city.

Maybe it's the only way to get through to Connors...? Maybe the Lizard's about to kill somebody or something (Remember the "Doctor Connors, stop it right now, this isn't you!" line from the SDCC footage)

I don't think it'd be that much of an issue if he takes his mask off outside in the city. New York's huge. I doubt anybody would even recognize Peter if they saw him. And considering what's going on, I doubt they wanna get close to the Lizard to get a better look at the situation. :funny:

Last edited:
Maybe it's the only way to get through to Connors...? Maybe the Lizard's about to kill somebody or something.

I don't think it'd be that much of an issue if he takes his mask off outside in the city. New York's huge. I doubt anybody would even recognize Peter if they saw him. And considering what's going on, I doubt they wanna get close to the Lizard to get a better look at the situation. :funny:

They might be interested in the Lizard...I could see some bold New Yorker getting close to him..."Yo green guy....where da F is yo snout?"

Maybe it's the only way to get through to Connors...? Maybe the Lizard's about to kill somebody or something.

Well, it makes sense sort of. I prefer that over Spidey being unmasked by Lizard ripping it off or something at least. But it still feels annoying for some reason. People could easily take pictures with their phones or something. I know that most people would run for their lives from the Lizard but there are always brave/stupid people out there who would dare to take photos.

While it makes sense, I hoped something like that (Peter trying to get through to Connors by taking off the mask) would take place in the sewers where Spidey and Lizard are alone.

Well, it makes sense sort of. I prefer that over Spidey being unmasked by Lizard ripping it off or something at least. But it still feels annoying for some reason. People could easily take pictures with their phones or something. I know that most people would run for their lives from the Lizard but there are always brave/stupid people out there who would dare to take photos.

While it makes sense, I hoped something like that (Peter trying to get through to Connors by taking off the mask) would take place in the sewers where Spidey and Lizard are alone.

The photos thing is very true.

Not sure, really. What if the area's closed off by the police or something...?

I wonder what scene the "Doctor Connors, stop it right now, this isn't you!" line is from.

You never know...they could be in an isolated alley or something.

I'm a little worried that Spidey will be unmasked in a scene that looks like he sits on a yellow cab. That means, outdoors somewhere in the city.

Maybe it's the only way to get through to Connors...? Maybe the Lizard's about to kill somebody or something (Remember the "Doctor Connors, stop it right now, this isn't you!" line from the SDCC footage)

Another movie having Peter unmasking to the villain? That's a bad routine
He never unmasked to a villain in a comic or a cartoon
They might be interested in the Lizard...I could see some bold New Yorker getting close to him..."Yo green guy....where da F is yo snout?"
:funny:

Another movie having Peter unmasking to the villain? That's a bad routine
He never unmasked to a villain in a comic or a cartoon

goblinlegacy1.jpg

I don't see how it's a "bad routine" when it could potentially save somebody's life.

goblinlegacy1.jpg

I don't see how it's a "bad routine" when it could potentially save somebody's life.

I'd love for a scene like that comic strip in one of the sequels. That is also a reason it feels a little worrying that he's unmasking in this film as well. Might become a reprise of Raimi's/Sony's issue of always unmasking Spidey in the last trilogy.

goblinlegacy1.jpg

Yeah. I really don't mind the unmasking as long as it has a good purpose ie Spidey taking off his mask to get through to Otto near the end of SM2.

goblinlegacy1.jpg

Green Goblin knew for years :o

But after three movies in a row with all villains knowing who Spider-Man is this reboot doing the same is just too much

Green Goblin knew for years :o

But after three movies in a row with all villains knowing who Spider-Man is this reboot doing the same is just too much

You're right. Spider-Man should just sit there and watch as the Lizard bite's an innocent bystander's head off.

____

Spider-Man 1 unmasking: Fair enough. His mask was blown off. Was that even an unmasking?

Spider-Man 2: Hmm, fair enough. He took his mask off as it was burning/whatever and at the end he took it off to get Ock to change his his mind, as a result, SAVING an entire city.

Spider-Man 3: Ehh, it got a little old here. It was as if they had him unmasked simply because it happened in the previous two movies. If Venom/Eddie was going to unmask and humiliate Peter, why didn't he do it in front of the watching public?

Last edited:
You're right. Spider-Man should just sit there and watch as the Lizard bite's an innocent bystander's head off.
No, I think he should let people see how he looks under that mask and allow people to take pictures of him with their cell phones

You know how the fight went with Electro and the guy with the cellphone in TSSM, Spidey never took his mask off, I don't see a need for him to unmask here

Spider-Man 1 unmasking: Fair enough. His mask was blown off. Was that even an unmasking?
Green Goblin knew, I excuse that

Spider-Man 2: Hmm, fair enough. He took his mask off as it was burning/whatever and at the end he took it off to get Ock to change his his mind, as a result, SAVING an entire city.
Or, there is the way of subtly reminding one with a line he said, without revealing thyself, you know

Spider-Man 3: Ehh, it got a little old here. It was as if they had him unmasked simply because it happened in the previous two movies. If Venom/Eddie was going to unmask and humiliate Peter, why didn't he do it in front of the watching public?
And Sandman shouldn't know

No, I think he should let people see how he looks under that mask and allow people to take pictures of him with their cell phones

You know how the fight went with Electro and the guy with the cellphone in TSSM, Spidey never took his mask off, I don't see a need for him to unmask here

Or, there is the way of subtly reminding one with a line he said, without revealing thyself, you know

Oh God. :dry:

I think Peter will risk his identity to save somebody who he HAS A CHANCE AT SAVING.

"Wait!- nah, screw it. There's people around. Go ahead, have at him with your claws!"

And are you really comparing a cartoon to a movie?

He tried to talk to him. Him taking his mask off is/was a last resort. Doc Ock was being controlled by the tentacles. It was the only thing Peter could do, besides sit and watch, as you seem to want him to do when lives are at stake.

Oh. Sorry, my mistake. That changes everything.
You already said that by Spider-Man 3 the unmasking thing really got old, thought there it was more reasonable than it was in SM2 cause both Harry and the Alien learn

I don't want him to unmask in a movie starring a villain who doesn't know who wears the mask

You already said that by Spider-Man 3 the unmasking thing really got old, thought there it was more reasonable than it was in SM2 cause both Harry and the Alien learn

I don't want him to unmask in a movie starring a villain who doesn't know who wears the mask

You don't think that's stupid? So you think that Peter should let the Lizard kill somebody, because the Lizard/Connors hasn't worked out that Peter Parker = Spider-Man.

l0l

Besides, I think that 3 people will work out that Peter's Spider-Man by the end of the movie. Gwen, which is obvious, Captain Stacy might have a hint that Peter's Spidey and Dr Connors, if he lives.

You don't think that's stupid? So you think that Peter should let the Lizard kill somebody, because the Lizard/Connors hasn't worked out that Peter Parker = Spider-Man.

l0l

Besides, I think that 3 people will work out that Peter's Spider-Man by the end of the movie. Gwen, which is obvious, Captain Stacy might have a hint that Peter's Spidey and Dr Connors, if he lives.
Subtility, subtility

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"