• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Top 5 Movies You're GLAD Will Likely Never Happen

That-Guy

Avenger
Reaction score
The reverse of the other thread. What are 5 movies that will likely never be made, and you're happy about that? Whether they're properties that you hold dear to your heart and you don't want Hollywood to screw up, or they're just surefire crap films... what are some movies that you hope you never see on the big screen?

1. Castlevania. They damn near made this into a film, and it WOULD have sucked. It had no chance of being good with the people that were handling it. And since video game movies are almost always handled by incompetent hacks, I'm glad that this property (one of my all time favorite VG series) remains untainted.

2. Jurassic Park 4, with cyborg dinosaurs or whatever the hell that was supposed to be.

3. The Subtle Knife. After the awful Golden Compass adapatation, I'm glad we're not going to be subjected to more of this.

4. Superman Lives, Ratner's Superman or Singer's Superman 2 Remake. I don't know where to take the Man of Steel in his next adventure or if it will even happen at this point. But I'm glad that if it does, it won't be any of these rancid concepts.

5. Beetlejuice in Hawaii. Big thumbs up to Michael Keaton for saying "hell no" to this sure-to-have-been-awful sequel idea.

Star Wars episodes VII-IX

lol, good answer.

Don't be too sure though... we all know how Georgie boy can be...

Batman Beyond.

Catwoman II : ***** Patrol.

Zoolander II : Electric Bluegaloo

Office Space II : Overtime

9-12 : The Glenn Beck Story

:doom: :doom: :doom:

Viewfinder: The Movie

Oh wait....

Freddy vs. Jason II

I'm guessing it could happen again (especially after the Friday and Nightmare reboots) but the fact that they didn't rush out a part 2 after the first movie made pretty good money gives me hope it won't happen again. That movie was abysmal.

Sin City 2
George Miller's Justice League
Jack Black as The Green Lantern

[A];17689864 said:
I totally missed that rumour.

I dont think it was just a rumor... I think Warner Bros. was legitimately considering having him as the lead.

5. Beetlejuice in Hawaii. Big thumbs up to Michael Keaton for saying "hell no" to this sure-to-have-been-awful sequel idea.
Didn't we say all we needed to say with the first Beetlejuice?

"Back to the Future 4"

As cool as it sounds on paper, the prospect of a BTTF that would most likely be sans Michael J. Fox and (given Zemeckis' recent fetish) potentially CGI doesn't sound too pleasing.

Plus given Spielberg and Amblin's involvement, I can just see it probably follow the route of "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" and give Marty a son to try and take up the mantle so that the series can continue without him...this son would most likely be played by Shia Labeouf (no, that's NOT an exaggeration...that's probably exactly who they'd get).

Wait, Sawyer you're actually glad a Sin City 2 isn't happening?

It actually is.

1. Castlevania. They damn near made this into a film, and it WOULD have sucked. It had no chance of being good with the people that were handling it. And since video game movies are almost always handled by incompetent hacks, I'm glad that this property (one of my all time favorite VG series) remains untainted.
That movie is at the AFM, with James Wan. Sorry.

Zelda.

It would be terrible.

There's potential for a good movie but it would never be made.

I'm proud I didn't get that stupid reference.

Star Wars 7-9 will happen once the rights move, or whoever is running the show after George decides to milk it. It will probably be 99.9% CGI by then.

is there a top 5 films you hope to god they never make?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"